Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.5

on 2/1/2018 3:25:00 PM

Goodbye Shu Uemura, Hello Kevyn Aucoin! I used Shu Uemura for years, but decided to give the Kevyn Aucoin product a try. The first thing I noticed about this eyelash curler is how snug you can get it to the entire lashline. My lashes from end to end fit beautifully in this curler. The length and curvature of this curler closely parallels the human eye. Most other eyelash curlers are a little shorter and have a more severe curve, so you curl the middle lashes fine, but end up pinching both ends of your eyelids. Not so with this one! The Kevyn Aucoin curler has a smooth gliding motion, and the pad itself is excellent! The pad in the Kevyn Aucoin curler also doesn't collapse like a foam rubber pillow when used, which leaves your lashes stuck in it, so when the curler is removed, lashes come out with it. It curls your lashes with very little pressure, so you look fresh, bright-eyed, and ready for the day! I couldn't be happier, and I hope this product is never discontinued!!

on 1/5/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Kicking myself for waiting so long to venture into pricey eyelash curlers. I've owned/tried most drugstore curlers over the past 30+ years. Please don't make my mistake! Splurge on a HE curler and you won't regret it. This curler creates a curl that will last all day. I tried the Shiseido first but it didn't work with the shape of my eye. (I tried to be careful, but it still pinched my eyelid. Ouch!) The KA curler has a pronounced curve compared to Shiseido's curler. By far, this is my best beauty buy of 2016!

on 9/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

This eyelash curler is great. i bought this because i needed a new curler to replace my shu uemera one. I thought that because Kevyn worked under Shu Uemera that the eyelash curlers would be just as good as each other. I was wrong. Yes, it .gives a far more natural curl but it really doesn't compare to the Shu one. Shu curls far more and if the curl is too harsh then applying a coat of mascara usually makes the curl more natural and eye opening. I was really disappointing with this, not worth it compared to Shu Uemera

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I saw this on one of my favorite makeup blogs (Lisa Eldridge) and I decided to order this online. This fits against my eyes in a very natural way. It does a great job curling my lashes. I don't know why Sephora doesn't carry this, it's fabulous.

on 12/25/2011 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used lots of eyelash curlers over the years-- everything from Revlon and Sonia Kashuk to Shiseido, Tarte, and Shu Uemura. Shu has long been my favorite, but I decided to try out Kevyn Aucoin's after Sephora stopped carrying Shu's.

This curler performs inconsistently for me, at best. Sometimes I need to apply more pressure than others. Often one of my eyes looks good and the other set of lashes comes out crimped. I rarely get great lashes on both eyes with a quick, gentle squeeze (which is the way the Shu Uemura curler performs). Perhaps it's something about the way the Aucoin curler is balanced or the shape of the pad. It's not a terrible curler-- it does the job, and it hasn't ripped my lashes out. But I have to put lots of effort into squeezing the curler at *just* the right angle and for *just* the right amount of time. I'll be ordering a new curler from Shu pretty soon.

on 11/17/2011 10:38:00 AM

Effective and pinch-free curlers for my short, spare, straight Asian lashes. These fit perfectly against my face, allowing the curlers to grip the base of my lashes for a full doll-like curl, without pinching (which happens with my Shiseidos). Shu does a great curler, of course, but the Kevin Aucoin is just as effective for me and much easier to buy here in New York. My lashes don't hold any curl whatsoever without mascara, so using these curlers alone (or any curler in the world) isn't enough. But these curl my lashes quickly and painlessly, holding gently for 5-4-3-2-1 and I slap a coat of Lashblash Length and voila, curled, black lashes for 8-hours.

on 1/12/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this to replace the cheap brands I'd been using and not having good results with. Only time will tell if it's worth the extra money. One of it's attributes is that it's extremely sturdy compared to curlers I've had in the past. I don't know that it curls any better but it does curl w/o crimping. I had a cheap ELF curler I used for years then it broke. I bought a new ELF curler and it just wasn't the same, so I moved on to a Revlon Gold and then a La Crosse which happened to be the exact same style as the Revlon but a different color (silver). I still have them, but both are flimsy compared to this one.

This is a nice curler. I like that it opens wider than most curlers.

On a whim, I bought this to replace a Shu Uemera curler and I LOVE IT! It curls more gently than SU and the red pad lets you see your lashes more clearly (and make sure the curler is positioned corrrectly) than a traditional black pad.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools