Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is basically my first eyelash curler (I can remember buying a cheap drugstore curler years ago, having it crimp and pinch my lashes, I got rid of it not long after that) so I can't compare it to the other popular ones like the Shu, Shideido or Surratt. I purchased this one because it was the best reviewed eyelash curler on Sephora and many people seemed to prefer it to some of the other popular ones I mentioned. I really like this curler and I think it does the job. I have large, deep set hooded eyes, and this curler grabs all my lashes and doesn't pinch at all unless I position it the wrong way. I do several pumps for about 10 seconds and have curled lashes. The curl seems to last for the day although I do think this would depend on the mascara you use. I like the red curling pad as I can see my black lashes against it easily. I would recommend this curler.

on 1/7/2017 1:52:00 PM

I recently noticed that the pad on my trusty Revlon red curler was split in two. Having been down that road before and having no desire to accidentally snip off my eyelashes again, I quickly went on the hunt for a new eyelash curler. After doing minimal research and reading reviews, I picked up a Shiseido curler at Ulta. While it gave a great curl, it was too flat for my eye shape and didn't reach my lashes the way the Revlon did and the way I want it to, especially for a higher end curler. I went back to the Internet and scoured reviews and read Reddit tutorials. I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin curler based on my rudimentary eye measurements and the fact that it has similar measurements to the Revlon curler, which worked very well for me in the past. (I couldn't find the Revlon curler and figured I'd try higher end anyway.) I'm very happy with the decision. The KA curler fits my eye shape beautifully (for the most part because apparently my eyes have subtle shape differences) and gives a fantastic curl that can almost be TOO much curl if I'm not careful. It's a bit expensive; however, it's easy to find at Sephora or other higher end retailers. The mechanism is very basic and smooth and does exactly what I want it to do. I'm a bit disappointed that replacement pads aren't available after the extra one provided with the curler is gone, but I understand the company recommends replacing the whole curler at that point. I like the actual pad better than the Revlon pad and find it to be firmer, hence giving a better curl with less effort. I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 9/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

on 5/18/2016 10:59:00 AM

This curler is definitely not for me. I've only ever used cheap drugstore curlers in the past; it never occurred to me to spend more on one until I started to do some research when the Revlon I've been using for 5-plus years began to wear out. After reading so many glowing reviews for the Kevyn Aucoin, I decided to splurge and see what all the fuss is about. Ouch! No matter how many different angles I tried when using this curler, it never failed to pinch the outer and inner corners of my eyes. And even when I did manage to get a good grip without my eyes watering in pain, I was disappointed in the curl: I mainly just got a crimping effect - my cheap curler gives me much better results. Maybe this curler is not made for someone with small to medium sized eyes like me, because so many others seem to love it. But as for me, I will be returning this curler and picking up another cheap one. And maybe do some more research to see if there's a HG curler out there for small-eyed gals such as myself.

on 6/20/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Best eyelash curler I have ever used! I used the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for years, but it got old and eventually was just crimping my eyelashes and making them look horrible. This is so much better! It never crimps my eyelashes or pinches my eyes, and gives me a perfect curl every time. This eyelash curler opens extra wide so it gives you more control. I would recommend this to everyone!

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this is better than my old Shu one. Somehow the shape of this allows me to get all of my eyelashes in comfortably - it opens more - and it makes the lashes look more lifted and longer. The Shu one was a bit crimpy for me, even though everyone swears by it. This one has a larger, more rounded pad, and I prefer the result. The lashes are actually curled as opposed to bent.

on 8/20/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the Shu Uemura curler for so many years but after I had Lasik several months ago I found myself struggling to curl my lashes. The shape of the curler no longer fit flush against my eye, so the center area of my lashes would curl but not the inner and outer areas. I was always having to curl my lashes in sections to try and get everything curled. It never occurred to me that my eye might not be fitting with the curve of the Shu curler anymore. So I tried several different curlers (Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Le Metier, Shiseido) until I finally found this one.

The curve is more pronounced than the curve of the Shu and fits against my eye perfectly. I can get all the way to the base of my lashes without any pinching or discomfort. Usually I curl the base and the middle and hold for about ten seconds each and the pinching mechanism moves smoothly without sticking. The pad is a little wider and feels thicker than the traditional pad and it seems to help create a more consistent curl. I love that it's red too. It's kind of retro looking and pretty, and I can see my lashes against it more easily. I think my favorite detail about this curler is how wide it opens up (about twice as wide as any of my other curlers) so I don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers to get all my lashes inside of it.

The replacement pad isn't wrapped in the little sealed plastic square like most replacement pads are (Shu, Armani). It's just thrown in the box along with the curler, which means I usually end up keeping the box just to house the replacement pad, or I have to put it in a tiny ziploc to keep it sanitary. Not a big deal but if I'm using something on my eye area everyday I want it to be as clean as possible. Other than that it's a great curler and I'm relieved that I finally found a replacement for my Shu.

on 12/25/2011 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used lots of eyelash curlers over the years-- everything from Revlon and Sonia Kashuk to Shiseido, Tarte, and Shu Uemura. Shu has long been my favorite, but I decided to try out Kevyn Aucoin's after Sephora stopped carrying Shu's.

This curler performs inconsistently for me, at best. Sometimes I need to apply more pressure than others. Often one of my eyes looks good and the other set of lashes comes out crimped. I rarely get great lashes on both eyes with a quick, gentle squeeze (which is the way the Shu Uemura curler performs). Perhaps it's something about the way the Aucoin curler is balanced or the shape of the pad. It's not a terrible curler-- it does the job, and it hasn't ripped my lashes out. But I have to put lots of effort into squeezing the curler at *just* the right angle and for *just* the right amount of time. I'll be ordering a new curler from Shu pretty soon.

on 7/25/2011 3:23:00 PM

Love Love Love my KA.I felt lost when I tried to buy another(mine was stolen from gym bag grrr) from Sephora n was told they no longer carry the brand boy was i disappointed,I found a new store that carries my fav eyelash curler of all curlers.Big plus no shipping YAY!!!Can't wait

This is a nice curler. I like that it opens wider than most curlers.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools