Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

on 10/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

feels exactly like the cheap ones, it's not sturdy at all and the very first time i tried it made the one eye look with different bad and uneven curl. i had way cheaper curlers that felt and perfomed better. definitely not worth the 17£. i already regret i cave in and bought it.

on 11/13/2015 8:19:00 PM

I used Shiseido eyelash curler for over 7 years before I finally decided to switch to another new HG which is this Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler. Price point, it is slightly more expensive than Shiseido but it works better. For instance, Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler is noticeably much wider and curved in both corners so that when I crimp my lashes, it catches every lash on the corners of my eye. Since the curler has wider opening, I could actually see where I am placing my curler before I crimp, something I could never do with Shiseido eyelash curler. With the previous one, I had to do two step curling process: one with the Shiseido to curl most of the central parts of my lashes and then a Shu Uemura mini curler to catch the missed corner lashes. But with Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler, it's just one step and I'm done. I also notice Kevyn Aucoin produce a much natural and more fanned out eyelash curl. No pinching experience. I definitely recommend this curler for those with deep inset wide shaped eyes.

on 1/26/2014 11:36:00 PM

I know a lot of people love the Shi eyelash curler, but this is by far my favorite. I have rather deep set, round eyes, and this works perfectly for me. It gives me the loveliest curl, never that horrible crimp you can get with some eyelash curlers. This curler works very well for my eye shape, but I do think the rubber pad is the key to the beautiful results I have had. Soft enough that your lashes are not crimped, but not too soft that you get no results. Love it, though it a shame that replacement pads are not sold seperately (please, let me know where I can get some!). I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/19/2008 12:23:00 AM

I was actually happy with my ancient Shu curler, but the pads had long since worn out, and the Shiseido replacement pads weren't such a great fit, no matter what everyone else says. After struggling for the better part of a year with the ill-fitting Shiseido pads, I reluctantly decided I needed another curler. I was *this close* to buying another Shu, but then I read about how they had been redesigned...and in my view, for the worse. The Shu no longer fits my eye shape -- it seems better suited for almond eyes. Fortunately, the KA curler fits my non-almond eye shape remarkably well. It opens wide, so it's easy to position it on your eyelid to make sure every last lash gets curled. The only downside is that the KA curler doesn't come with replacement pads, nor are they sold separately. I think that's really wasteful and a lousy gimmick to make people repurchase the entire curler (same deal with KA's non-refillable automatic brow pencil). I'm knocking off a lippie for that alone, but otherwise, it's a really solid curler.

on 4/23/2008 1:14:00 AM

This is my favorite curler, I prefer this to the curlers by Shu (runner up fave) and Shiseido (didn't like). The pads last a long time, and I use it every day! I have repurchased, because I needed a "buy up" item on drugstore.com to qualify for a minimum purchase/discount and I don't mind having an extra one!

on 10/14/2006 12:52:00 AM

I believe this curler is for males. The eye curler width is bit too large for women's eyes. I believe he fashioned it for men due to larger eyes than women. I was not happy with it. Pinched my eyelids due to size. I guess men need eyelash curlers as well. oh well.

on 2/2/2006 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This eyelasher curler is nearly identical to my Revlon one (silver with a white pad - I think it's the Professional for about $4). I compared them very carefully and the KA one isn't any wider or curvier - same shape. The pad in my Revlon is stiffer than the silicone KA one, but I actually found this gave a curvier curve to the right-angle one the soft KA silicone produced. I used one for each eye and both hold the curl about the same (no mascara)!

on 4/25/2005 3:59:00 PM

I used the Shu Uemura lash curler for 3 years and hated it every day. I must have strangely shaped eyes because no matter how I held it the thing always crimped my bottom lashes along with my top ones. And it HURT. I think it has a tight curve that digs into some eye shapes.

Kevyn Aucoin's (God bless his dear soul) is absolutely perfect for me. The curve is much wider, and as other reviewers have said, it allows you to get very close to the lash roots. The hinge or open/shut function is very easy, so you have lots of control.

It's totally comfortable, curls beautifully and I really love the little red rubber strip.

IMO it just can't be improved upon. continued >>

on 9/26/2004 5:55:00 PM

I love this curler! I just had to buy it after hearing how great it was, and I found out that it really is.

on 3/16/2004 10:55:00 AM

I've tried just about everything to curl my lashes and this is THE ONE. The pads seem to last forever and I have never been able to achieve such a natural curl with any other eyelash curler.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools