Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by age: 44-55
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

3.8

on 1/6/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am blessed with long lashes and rely on eyelash curlers to keep them .... curled! These did absolutely nothing. They felt like there was no "Spring" attachment and they simply clamped down. They felt really cheap and nasty tbh. My 2 favourites are Mr Mascara and Tarte eyelash curlers and both are cheaper. An expensive bin product.

on 1/5/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Kicking myself for waiting so long to venture into pricey eyelash curlers. I've owned/tried most drugstore curlers over the past 30+ years. Please don't make my mistake! Splurge on a HE curler and you won't regret it. This curler creates a curl that will last all day. I tried the Shiseido first but it didn't work with the shape of my eye. (I tried to be careful, but it still pinched my eyelid. Ouch!) The KA curler has a pronounced curve compared to Shiseido's curler. By far, this is my best beauty buy of 2016!

on 2/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I couldn't agree with more artbabe's review. This curler's performance is inconsistent, one eye can indeed look better than the other, it does need to be at just the right angle and it is just not good enough. Not awful, but I don't think it does the job.
Will go back to my trusted Shu asap!

EDIT: not only is it not great at its job, it gave my lid an allergy, I had to use cortisone to sort it out. I had heard of nickel allergy, but never imagined I'd get it :-(

on 12/25/2011 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used lots of eyelash curlers over the years-- everything from Revlon and Sonia Kashuk to Shiseido, Tarte, and Shu Uemura. Shu has long been my favorite, but I decided to try out Kevyn Aucoin's after Sephora stopped carrying Shu's.

This curler performs inconsistently for me, at best. Sometimes I need to apply more pressure than others. Often one of my eyes looks good and the other set of lashes comes out crimped. I rarely get great lashes on both eyes with a quick, gentle squeeze (which is the way the Shu Uemura curler performs). Perhaps it's something about the way the Aucoin curler is balanced or the shape of the pad. It's not a terrible curler-- it does the job, and it hasn't ripped my lashes out. But I have to put lots of effort into squeezing the curler at *just* the right angle and for *just* the right amount of time. I'll be ordering a new curler from Shu pretty soon.

on 1/12/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this to replace the cheap brands I'd been using and not having good results with. Only time will tell if it's worth the extra money. One of it's attributes is that it's extremely sturdy compared to curlers I've had in the past. I don't know that it curls any better but it does curl w/o crimping. I had a cheap ELF curler I used for years then it broke. I bought a new ELF curler and it just wasn't the same, so I moved on to a Revlon Gold and then a La Crosse which happened to be the exact same style as the Revlon but a different color (silver). I still have them, but both are flimsy compared to this one.

This is a nice curler. I like that it opens wider than most curlers.

on 4/23/2008 1:14:00 AM

This is my favorite curler, I prefer this to the curlers by Shu (runner up fave) and Shiseido (didn't like). The pads last a long time, and I use it every day! I have repurchased, because I needed a "buy up" item on drugstore.com to qualify for a minimum purchase/discount and I don't mind having an extra one!

on 10/17/2006 12:55:00 AM

This is the only eyelash curler I will use anymore. It works like a dream. 10 stars for this product!

This is my favorite curler. I've tried Shu, which I used for years, Mac, which I like better than Shu and now KA. I like the KA the best. It never pinches my eyelid, like I got with Shu sometimes and of course, the red is cute.

on 12/23/2005 4:47:00 AM

OUCH!
I know that I am in the minority here but I feel that I still must give my review.
I have rather small, almond shaped eyes and all this curler did was pinch my skin.
I am returning it to Neiman Marcus.
I really wish that it had worked for me.
I much prefer the Shu Umera lash curler for my eyes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools