Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by age: 36-43
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 10/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

feels exactly like the cheap ones, it's not sturdy at all and the very first time i tried it made the one eye look with different bad and uneven curl. i had way cheaper curlers that felt and perfomed better. definitely not worth the 17£. i already regret i cave in and bought it.

on 4/6/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a solid eyelash curler and was my first foray into the high end lash curlers. Prior to buying this one I always used Revlon, ELF or whatever brand caught my eye at the drugstore or grocery store. While I wouldn't call this a game changing curler, I will say it's better than drugstore brands. I find it helpful to follow Wayne Goss' technique for lash curling by holding and pressing it for 30-60 seconds and lifting it a bit. My problem is that my lashes initially curl really well but a couple of hours later, not so much. This curler didn't really make a difference on that score.

on 1/7/2017 1:52:00 PM

I recently noticed that the pad on my trusty Revlon red curler was split in two. Having been down that road before and having no desire to accidentally snip off my eyelashes again, I quickly went on the hunt for a new eyelash curler. After doing minimal research and reading reviews, I picked up a Shiseido curler at Ulta. While it gave a great curl, it was too flat for my eye shape and didn't reach my lashes the way the Revlon did and the way I want it to, especially for a higher end curler. I went back to the Internet and scoured reviews and read Reddit tutorials. I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin curler based on my rudimentary eye measurements and the fact that it has similar measurements to the Revlon curler, which worked very well for me in the past. (I couldn't find the Revlon curler and figured I'd try higher end anyway.) I'm very happy with the decision. The KA curler fits my eye shape beautifully (for the most part because apparently my eyes have subtle shape differences) and gives a fantastic curl that can almost be TOO much curl if I'm not careful. It's a bit expensive; however, it's easy to find at Sephora or other higher end retailers. The mechanism is very basic and smooth and does exactly what I want it to do. I'm a bit disappointed that replacement pads aren't available after the extra one provided with the curler is gone, but I understand the company recommends replacing the whole curler at that point. I like the actual pad better than the Revlon pad and find it to be firmer, hence giving a better curl with less effort. I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 5/18/2016 10:59:00 AM

This curler is definitely not for me. I've only ever used cheap drugstore curlers in the past; it never occurred to me to spend more on one until I started to do some research when the Revlon I've been using for 5-plus years began to wear out. After reading so many glowing reviews for the Kevyn Aucoin, I decided to splurge and see what all the fuss is about. Ouch! No matter how many different angles I tried when using this curler, it never failed to pinch the outer and inner corners of my eyes. And even when I did manage to get a good grip without my eyes watering in pain, I was disappointed in the curl: I mainly just got a crimping effect - my cheap curler gives me much better results. Maybe this curler is not made for someone with small to medium sized eyes like me, because so many others seem to love it. But as for me, I will be returning this curler and picking up another cheap one. And maybe do some more research to see if there's a HG curler out there for small-eyed gals such as myself.

on 11/13/2015 8:19:00 PM

I used Shiseido eyelash curler for over 7 years before I finally decided to switch to another new HG which is this Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler. Price point, it is slightly more expensive than Shiseido but it works better. For instance, Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler is noticeably much wider and curved in both corners so that when I crimp my lashes, it catches every lash on the corners of my eye. Since the curler has wider opening, I could actually see where I am placing my curler before I crimp, something I could never do with Shiseido eyelash curler. With the previous one, I had to do two step curling process: one with the Shiseido to curl most of the central parts of my lashes and then a Shu Uemura mini curler to catch the missed corner lashes. But with Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler, it's just one step and I'm done. I also notice Kevyn Aucoin produce a much natural and more fanned out eyelash curl. No pinching experience. I definitely recommend this curler for those with deep inset wide shaped eyes.

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this is better than my old Shu one. Somehow the shape of this allows me to get all of my eyelashes in comfortably - it opens more - and it makes the lashes look more lifted and longer. The Shu one was a bit crimpy for me, even though everyone swears by it. This one has a larger, more rounded pad, and I prefer the result. The lashes are actually curled as opposed to bent.

On a whim, I bought this to replace a Shu Uemera curler and I LOVE IT! It curls more gently than SU and the red pad lets you see your lashes more clearly (and make sure the curler is positioned corrrectly) than a traditional black pad.

Shu was THE Standard for eyelash curlers for years - until this one came out. Kevyn (RIP) had his team develop this one... based on the Japanese model, and this surpasses..... Maybe it's the red pad, I don't know. :-) But this curler never pinches, and I don't even have particularly large eyes.

on 3/20/2008 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really good curler. Curls the lashes brilliantly and it lasts. I like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this eyelash curler for years...I love it and as soon as I got it, it replaced my Shu curler...I just love it...only problem...how do I know when I need to replace the liners and they look brand new years later? I have no idea if another curler is better...in highschool and college I use Revlon, then Shu, then this for 15 years and am only on my second pad....wonderful curler in my opinion...worth every penny.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools