Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by age: 30-35
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a very nice curler. It fits the shape of my eyes very well. I have deep set, heavy-lidded almond shaped eyes. With the Shu curler, I wasn't able to get the outer edges of my lashes, but I can pretty much get my entire lashline with this curler. It takes about 10 seconds of clamping for me to get a nice curl. I also love the red strip - it looks great and makes it easier to see my black lashes. I also think $21 is a very reasonable price for this curler.

on 8/20/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the Shu Uemura curler for so many years but after I had Lasik several months ago I found myself struggling to curl my lashes. The shape of the curler no longer fit flush against my eye, so the center area of my lashes would curl but not the inner and outer areas. I was always having to curl my lashes in sections to try and get everything curled. It never occurred to me that my eye might not be fitting with the curve of the Shu curler anymore. So I tried several different curlers (Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Le Metier, Shiseido) until I finally found this one.

The curve is more pronounced than the curve of the Shu and fits against my eye perfectly. I can get all the way to the base of my lashes without any pinching or discomfort. Usually I curl the base and the middle and hold for about ten seconds each and the pinching mechanism moves smoothly without sticking. The pad is a little wider and feels thicker than the traditional pad and it seems to help create a more consistent curl. I love that it's red too. It's kind of retro looking and pretty, and I can see my lashes against it more easily. I think my favorite detail about this curler is how wide it opens up (about twice as wide as any of my other curlers) so I don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers to get all my lashes inside of it.

The replacement pad isn't wrapped in the little sealed plastic square like most replacement pads are (Shu, Armani). It's just thrown in the box along with the curler, which means I usually end up keeping the box just to house the replacement pad, or I have to put it in a tiny ziploc to keep it sanitary. Not a big deal but if I'm using something on my eye area everyday I want it to be as clean as possible. Other than that it's a great curler and I'm relieved that I finally found a replacement for my Shu.

on 11/17/2011 10:38:00 AM

Effective and pinch-free curlers for my short, spare, straight Asian lashes. These fit perfectly against my face, allowing the curlers to grip the base of my lashes for a full doll-like curl, without pinching (which happens with my Shiseidos). Shu does a great curler, of course, but the Kevin Aucoin is just as effective for me and much easier to buy here in New York. My lashes don't hold any curl whatsoever without mascara, so using these curlers alone (or any curler in the world) isn't enough. But these curl my lashes quickly and painlessly, holding gently for 5-4-3-2-1 and I slap a coat of Lashblash Length and voila, curled, black lashes for 8-hours.

on 7/25/2011 3:23:00 PM

Love Love Love my KA.I felt lost when I tried to buy another(mine was stolen from gym bag grrr) from Sephora n was told they no longer carry the brand boy was i disappointed,I found a new store that carries my fav eyelash curler of all curlers.Big plus no shipping YAY!!!Can't wait

on 7/8/2008 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have both the Shu Uemura and the Kevyn aucoin eyelash curler -- and for me, the Shu Uemeura just worked a bit better -- my lashes stayed up longer. Although I would recommend both to anyone looking for a great curlers :)

on 5/18/2007 9:10:00 AM

I really love the way this curls and the red pad makes it easier to see your lashes but, after using this curler for a couple of weeks it started causing some of my lashes to fall out. This curler wasn't cheap so I probably wouldn't purchase it again. I think next time I might try the shisiedo.

Oh, eyelash curler, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Yes, I'm being goofy, but I have finally found THE eyelash curler for me! I've been on a search, trying various ones, and this is simply the best. Easy to use, no pinching, just everything you want & nothing you don't. Thanks to the lovely swapper who sent this to me!

on 2/2/2006 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This eyelasher curler is nearly identical to my Revlon one (silver with a white pad - I think it's the Professional for about $4). I compared them very carefully and the KA one isn't any wider or curvier - same shape. The pad in my Revlon is stiffer than the silicone KA one, but I actually found this gave a curvier curve to the right-angle one the soft KA silicone produced. I used one for each eye and both hold the curl about the same (no mascara)!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really works great! I have tried alot of curlers and this one is the best. It works best on the first pad though. I had to use the replacement pad and it only worked really good for awhile (does this happen to anyone else but me?). Anyway I have bought two revlons and spent about $12, when I should have bought another of these!

on 6/8/2005 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this curler. I was using Shu and Sheseido and then I saw this one at Neimans and bought it. So glad I did. Nothing ever curled my lashes the way this curler does. Worth the bucks.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools