Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy

Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy
Midnight CowboyMidnight Cowboy

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/8/2017 2:05:00 PM

This is nice. I had this in a palette a very long time ago and remember it basically being kind of like a cream/nude type color with silvery glitter. I think it has changed as it is more satiny pink ish nude with silver glitter. I got a full size of this for my bday gift at Ulta and definitely didn't complain about it. There is fall out and the glitter can get onto your lashes/liner but idk, it's just so pretty as a lid color or even put into the crease lightly. It'll last a long time since I don't use it that often, but i'm glad to have it. Would I repurchase? Maybe, but probably not since it's $19 and I don't use it a ton. Don't buy if you don't like glitter.

on 2/8/2017 11:58:00 AM

Immediate glitter fallout. Poor staying power, lots of fading and creasing. And the shade itself (shimmery, beigey, champagne) was chalky-looking and unflattering on my lids.

I was unimpressed and I wouldn't buy it again.

I received this as a free gift from Ulta, as much as I love the color,,, the glitter Fallout is too much for me. The couple time's I wore this it was like my personal all day laser light show with the glitter in my eye's, lashes, and contacts. The more I rubbed the worse it got.

on 1/20/2017 12:52:00 PM

I actually got this from Ulta as a birthday gift. I absolutely love it because it brightens up the eye area like nothing I currently own. You will look more awake! I don't find that it ages me. I found that if you use your finger instead of a brush you will pick up less glitter making it more work appropriate.

on 9/29/2016 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this free from Ulta as my birthday gift for being a rewards member. The color itself is a really pretty neutral champagne shade (not too yellow, white or pink). It is great for that clean eye, wide eyed, awake look. However, I am 42 years old and I will wear some shimmer on my lids, but this is glitter, not shimmer. And inevitably I always end up with a stray glitter or two on my cheek. It makes me feel like I just woke up from an all nighter at a rave (but I am a stay at home mom). So if the glitter doesn't bother you, have at it and enjoy...fun shade. But for me there are a million comparable shades sans glitter.

I will say the birthday gift came in this cute purple metallic token packaging instead of the regular silver. It is quit pretty.

on 9/29/2016 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I also got this for my Birthday day gift and can I say the purpley package is way cute. That said, I can't say this is a 'glitter' alone, not compared to their moondusts. It *is* glittery though, yes, and does have some fall out, but not anywhere as bad as some other shades or brands. The reason I say it's not a "glitter" alone is because it actually has pigment underneath. That color is what many would consider flesh tone, but it is there. What I like about this other than highlighting the brow bone or inner corner, is that it's such a quick and easy "I'm awake, I swear!" all over lid color. Like for a ten second routine, this works. I had previously had Cover Girls "Bedazzled Biscotti" for that which was absolute crap and it broke and I wasn't sorry. At least this actually works. However, if you're looking for shimmer or are anti glitter, then might want to avoid.

But for me, it has a use. Plus; it was free. I can't complain. Though of course I wouldn't pay full price for it, that's crazy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would describe this as a frosty base with glitter, a pale champagne type of shade, and yes, there is a touch of fallout (though very minimal, for the glitter imo). Applies smooth like butter and very nicely pigmented for a glittery shadow. Not too many sparkles, not too few..'just right'..

Totally adds some fun, subtle, classy-looking sparkle (I think this is something Jlo might wear), and 'something special' without being garish nor too glittery. Oftentimes if I put on an eyeshadow w/glitter or frost I feel like I should be in a Burlesque show. I do not get that overly glittery look with this. This also does not do any of the ugly things for me that pretty much most shimmer/glitter/frost shadows do for me, very nice...Quite pleased.

I typically shy away from frosty and glittery eyeshadows, but this one is very nice and can definitely serve a purpose. Again, not an everyday thing for me, but nice for nights out, late-day weddings, evening events, etc.. Pretty shade and will definitely get some (unexpected) use out of. I must say, although I shy away from frosty and glittery eyeshadows (my 46 year old eyelids do not work well with most), this one works fine for my eyelids, no issues. So I feel like I can have some fun with this eyeshadow for special events and nights out.

The sparkle and glitter are definitely cool/silver tones. But the champagne gives a nice warmth, keeping it from being too cool or too frosty-looking. I get no fallout into my eyes from this (thank goodness) like I do similar glittery/shimmer eyeshadows, so I am grateful for that. There is just some very minimal fallout on my cheek, which is really not even detectable unless you look for it. The 'bang/wow' factor for me overrides the very minimal fallout on my cheeks.

on 8/17/2016 11:05:00 AM

So yeah, this is 100% a sparkle bomb. The fallout is *b-a-d* but there are ways to get around it. I don't really care though haha, I probably should? Whatever. This eyeshadow is a pale champagne color with a hint of pink but performs like a neutral on me, She Who Cannot Wear Anything with Pink In It. It's incredible pigmented, not sheer at all you guys (maybe it has been reformulated? I have a new one). The base powder is very frosty, and there is also glitter suspended throughout. Have I told you it's glittery?

Anyway, it's a quality eye shadow. Even with the glitter, it's buttery and blendable and lasts all day. However, the shade itself is not ideal for me, as it's really icy-pale on my olive skin tone, making me look like I have beady snake eyes. I have to be careful to use it as an accent/highlight/liner-if-I'm-feeling-lucky or else it's blah. But if you're the kinda person looking for the perfect early 2000s (not in a bad way) frosty champagne shadow this is IT my friends.

Side note, I got a full size (!) Midnight Cowboy free from Ulta as this year's bday gift - which is a totally awesome free thingy to get.

on 8/9/2016 6:21:00 PM

I was given this for my birthday. The shimmer is unreal. The color is like a pearly champagne. The pigment is wonderful! You really get your money's worth. You get a great amount of product for $19!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This shadow was given to me as a gift from someone who presumably couldn't handle the glitter and I admit, I wouldn't want to have this much sparkle every day and will probably not purchase this again when I run out. It's still a pretty great shadow nonetheless. The color itself is a cool champagne that nearly matches the color of the skin on my eyelids and makes for a great base. I've found that spritzing a brush or applicator with MAC Fix+ or something similar and pressing the shadow onto your eyelids really locks the glitter on and prevents it from falling all over your face. The cool part is that when I applied a darker shade to my crease after using this with Fix+, the glitter didn't even budge! A dark purple or navy in the crease with this reminds me of a starry night sky. Great blendability and staying power as well!