Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy

Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy
Midnight CowboyMidnight Cowboy

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Lovely product! Even more so that I received this as a free birthday gift from Ulta. (This retails for $19) I'd never tried Urban Decay shadows before, so trying this out was a first for me. I love the champagne/nude/pearlescent/pale pink shade it gives me lids. This is the perfect inner eye corner shade or, as I use it, as an all over lid color.

The pigmentation is good. It does fade in depth after about, oh.. Four hours or so on it's own. Using a setting spray, it lasts a bit longer. There is some shimmer to it but I haven't found it to be chunky or overwhelming - it doesn't get into my eyes. There is usually a dusting of sparkle on my cheek bones after application. To be honest, I'm happy with that! I'm a shimmer demon and would probably bathe in the stuff if it were socially acceptable.

Five lipsticks go to Urban Decay for the packaging! It's perfect for travel & absolutely adorable in my make up bag ^.^ Unlike other eyeshadow singles I own, the packaging doesn't open under light duress. It stays secure. My make up bag and my overall sanity appreciate that.

All in all, I love it. This product is a staple in my make up bag. I incorporate it into my looks nearly every day. It's such a flexible shade! And again, I love the shimmer. ♡♡ I'm unsure as to whether or not I would repurchase. A solid maybe. It's hard to justify a costly $19 for a single eyeshadow, even using it as much as I do.

on 3/18/2017 10:22:00 PM

This color is absolutely stunning .. unfortunately the fall out of large silver glitter chunks is so severe it left my face looking like a disco ball after applied . Even after adding additional powder to try and remove it ! After an hour or so the glitter started falling into my eyes. Very dissatisfied

on 2/8/2017 2:05:00 PM

This is nice. I had this in a palette a very long time ago and remember it basically being kind of like a cream/nude type color with silvery glitter. I think it has changed as it is more satiny pink ish nude with silver glitter. I got a full size of this for my bday gift at Ulta and definitely didn't complain about it. There is fall out and the glitter can get onto your lashes/liner but idk, it's just so pretty as a lid color or even put into the crease lightly. It'll last a long time since I don't use it that often, but i'm glad to have it. Would I repurchase? Maybe, but probably not since it's $19 and I don't use it a ton. Don't buy if you don't like glitter.

on 2/8/2017 11:58:00 AM

Immediate glitter fallout. Poor staying power, lots of fading and creasing. And the shade itself (shimmery, beigey, champagne) was chalky-looking and unflattering on my lids.

I was unimpressed and I wouldn't buy it again.

I received this as a free gift from Ulta, as much as I love the color,,, the glitter Fallout is too much for me. The couple time's I wore this it was like my personal all day laser light show with the glitter in my eye's, lashes, and contacts. The more I rubbed the worse it got.

on 1/20/2017 12:52:00 PM

I actually got this from Ulta as a birthday gift. I absolutely love it because it brightens up the eye area like nothing I currently own. You will look more awake! I don't find that it ages me. I found that if you use your finger instead of a brush you will pick up less glitter making it more work appropriate.

on 9/29/2016 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this free from Ulta as my birthday gift for being a rewards member. The color itself is a really pretty neutral champagne shade (not too yellow, white or pink). It is great for that clean eye, wide eyed, awake look. However, I am 42 years old and I will wear some shimmer on my lids, but this is glitter, not shimmer. And inevitably I always end up with a stray glitter or two on my cheek. So if the glitter doesn't bother you, have at it and enjoy...fun shade. But for me there are a million comparable shades sans glitter.

I will say the birthday gift came in this cute purple metallic token packaging instead of the regular silver. It is quit pretty.

on 9/29/2016 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I also got this for my Birthday day gift and can I say the purpley package is way cute. That said, I can't say this is a 'glitter' alone, not compared to their moondusts. It *is* glittery though, yes, and does have some fall out, but not anywhere as bad as some other shades or brands. The reason I say it's not a "glitter" alone is because it actually has pigment underneath. That color is what many would consider flesh tone, but it is there. What I like about this other than highlighting the brow bone or inner corner, is that it's such a quick and easy "I'm awake, I swear!" all over lid color. Like for a ten second routine, this works. I had previously had Cover Girls "Bedazzled Biscotti" for that which was absolute crap and it broke and I wasn't sorry. At least this actually works. However, if you're looking for shimmer or are anti glitter, then might want to avoid.

But for me, it has a use. Plus; it was free. I can't complain. Though of course I wouldn't pay full price for it, that's crazy.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would describe this as a frosty base with glitter, a pale champagne type of shade, and yes, there is a touch of fallout (though very minimal, for the glitter imo). Applies smooth like butter and very nicely pigmented for a glittery shadow. Not too many sparkles, not too few..'just right'..

Totally adds some fun, subtle, classy-looking sparkle (I think this is something Jlo might wear), and 'something special' without being garish nor too glittery. Oftentimes if I put on an eyeshadow w/glitter or frost I feel like I should be in a Burlesque show. I do not get that overly glittery look with this. This also does not do any of the ugly things for me that pretty much most shimmer/glitter/frost shadows do for me, very nice...Quite pleased.

I typically shy away from frosty and glittery eyeshadows, but this one is very nice and can definitely serve a purpose. Again, not an everyday thing for me, but nice for nights out, late-day weddings, evening events, etc.. Pretty shade and will definitely get some (unexpected) use out of. I must say, although I shy away from frosty and glittery eyeshadows (my 46 year old eyelids do not work well with most), this one works fine for my eyelids, no issues. So I feel like I can have some fun with this eyeshadow for special events and nights out.

The sparkle and glitter are definitely cool/silver tones. But the champagne gives a nice warmth, keeping it from being too cool or too frosty-looking. I get no fallout into my eyes from this (thank goodness) like I do similar glittery/shimmer eyeshadows, so I am grateful for that. There is just some very minimal fallout on my cheek, which is really not even detectable unless you look for it. The 'bang/wow' factor for me overrides the very minimal fallout on my cheeks.

on 8/17/2016 11:05:00 AM

So yeah, this is 100% a sparkle bomb. The fallout is *b-a-d* but there are ways to get around it. I don't really care though haha, I probably should? Whatever. This eyeshadow is a pale champagne color with a hint of pink but performs like a neutral on me, She Who Cannot Wear Anything with Pink In It. It's incredible pigmented, not sheer at all you guys (maybe it has been reformulated? I have a new one). The base powder is very frosty, and there is also glitter suspended throughout. Have I told you it's glittery?

Anyway, it's a quality eye shadow. Even with the glitter, it's buttery and blendable and lasts all day. However, the shade itself is not ideal for me, as it's really icy-pale on my olive skin tone, making me look like I have beady snake eyes. I have to be careful to use it as an accent/highlight/liner-if-I'm-feeling-lucky or else it's blah. But if you're the kinda person looking for the perfect early 2000s (not in a bad way) frosty champagne shadow this is IT my friends.

Side note, I got a full size (!) Midnight Cowboy free from Ulta as this year's bday gift - which is a totally awesome free thingy to get.