Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy

Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy
Midnight CowboyMidnight Cowboy

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2016 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this free from Ulta as my birthday gift for being a rewards member. The color itself is a really pretty neutral champagne shade (not too yellow, white or pink). It is great for that clean eye, wide eyed, awake look. However, I am 42 years old and I will wear some shimmer on my lids, but this is glitter, not shimmer. And inevitably I always end up with a stray glitter or two on my cheek. It makes me feel like I just woke up from an all nighter at a rave (but I am a stay at home mom). So if the glitter doesn't bother you, have at it and enjoy...fun shade. But for me there are a million comparable shades sans glitter.

I will say the birthday gift came in this cute purple metallic token packaging instead of the regular silver. It is quit pretty.

on 9/29/2016 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I also got this for my Birthday day gift and can I say the purpley package is way cute. That said, I can't say this is a 'glitter' alone, not compared to their moondusts. It *is* glittery though, yes, and does have some fall out, but not anywhere as bad as some other shades or brands. The reason I say it's not a "glitter" alone is because it actually has pigment underneath. That color is what many would consider flesh tone, but it is there. What I like about this other than highlighting the brow bone or inner corner, is that it's such a quick and easy "I'm awake, I swear!" all over lid color. Like for a ten second routine, this works. I had previously had Cover Girls "Bedazzled Biscotti" for that which was absolute crap and it broke and I wasn't sorry. At least this actually works. However, if you're looking for shimmer or are anti glitter, then might want to avoid.

But for me, it has a use. Plus; it was free. I can't complain. Though of course I wouldn't pay full price for it, that's crazy.

To Read all 365 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would describe this as a frosty base with glitter, a pale champagne type of shade, and yes, there is a touch of fallout (though very minimal, for the glitter imo). Applies smooth like butter and very nicely pigmented for a glittery shadow. Not too many sparkles, not too few..'just right'..

Totally adds some fun, subtle, classy-looking sparkle (I think this is something Jlo might wear), and 'something special' without being garish nor too glittery. Oftentimes if I put on an eyeshadow w/glitter or frost I feel like I should be in a Burlesque show. I do not get that overly glittery look with this. This also does not do any of the ugly things for me that pretty much most shimmer/glitter/frost shadows do for me, very nice...Quite pleased.

I typically shy away from frosty and glittery eyeshadows, but this one is very nice and can definitely serve a purpose. Again, not an everyday thing for me, but nice for nights out, late-day weddings, evening events, etc.. Pretty shade and will definitely get some (unexpected) use out of. I must say, although I shy away from frosty and glittery eyeshadows (my 46 year old eyelids do not work well with most), this one works fine for my eyelids, no issues. So I feel like I can have some fun with this eyeshadow for special events and nights out.

The sparkle and glitter are definitely cool/silver tones. But the champagne gives a nice warmth, keeping it from being too cool or too frosty-looking. I get no fallout into my eyes from this (thank goodness) like I do similar glittery/shimmer eyeshadows, so I am grateful for that. There is just some very minimal fallout on my cheek, which is really not even detectable unless you look for it. The 'bang/wow' factor for me overrides the very minimal fallout on my cheeks.

on 8/17/2016 11:05:00 AM

So yeah, this is 100% a sparkle bomb. The fallout is *b-a-d* but there are ways to get around it. I don't really care though haha, I probably should? Whatever. This eyeshadow is a pale champagne color with a hint of pink but performs like a neutral on me, She Who Cannot Wear Anything with Pink In It. It's incredible pigmented, not sheer at all you guys (maybe it has been reformulated? I have a new one). The base powder is very frosty, and there is also glitter suspended throughout. Have I told you it's glittery?

Anyway, it's a quality eye shadow. Even with the glitter, it's buttery and blendable and lasts all day. However, the shade itself is not ideal for me, as it's really icy-pale on my olive skin tone, making me look like I have beady snake eyes. I have to be careful to use it as an accent/highlight/liner-if-I'm-feeling-lucky or else it's blah. But if you're the kinda person looking for the perfect early 2000s (not in a bad way) frosty champagne shadow this is IT my friends.

Side note, I got a full size (!) Midnight Cowboy free from Ulta as this year's bday gift - which is a totally awesome free thingy to get.

on 8/9/2016 6:21:00 PM

I was given this for my birthday. The shimmer is unreal. The color is like a pearly champagne. The pigment is wonderful! You really get your money's worth. You get a great amount of product for $19!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This shadow was given to me as a gift from someone who presumably couldn't handle the glitter and I admit, I wouldn't want to have this much sparkle every day and will probably not purchase this again when I run out. It's still a pretty great shadow nonetheless. The color itself is a cool champagne that nearly matches the color of the skin on my eyelids and makes for a great base. I've found that spritzing a brush or applicator with MAC Fix+ or something similar and pressing the shadow onto your eyelids really locks the glitter on and prevents it from falling all over your face. The cool part is that when I applied a darker shade to my crease after using this with Fix+, the glitter didn't even budge! A dark purple or navy in the crease with this reminds me of a starry night sky. Great blendability and staying power as well!

it's more of a glitter, not much pigment or opacity.

I use this on top of an existing eyeshadow, or to finish with a glittered / shimmered look.

one can use it as shimmer wash, but it's too sheer to use it alone.

i tend to pick up this color the most as compared to other moondust shades.

there's still fallout, but this is easier and quicker to use than the regular glitter and glitter glue method.

on 7/15/2016 5:27:00 PM

This isn't a bad color, but the glitter fallout, as with all Urban Decay shadows, is ridiculous. I seriously look like I got face-raped by a glitter pixie. I have glitter shadows from other brands that I can wear w/out them raining glitter over my entire under-eye area. I've even tried using TooFaced Glitter Glue primer & nothing seems to stop UD shadows from raining glitter on the rest of my face.
I also want to add that I don't hate glitter/shimmer shadows, I just hate Urban Decay glitter shadows. This was my third try with their glitter/shimmer formulas. I do not like them in the Naked pallets, I do not like them in the regular pallets, & I do not like them as stand alone shadows. I have lots of other shimmer & glitter shades from brands like IT Cosmetics, Too Faced, BareMinerals, & L'Oreal that don't have anywhere near the fallout that Urban Decay does.

This has been my signature shadow for over a decade. The color is a gorgeous, rosy champagne with silver glitter.

I have to roll my eyes when people complain about the glitter in this product - no one should even consider this if they hate glitter/shimmer. When applied wet and packed on with a brush or even a fingertip, I experience very minimal fallout. If I apply this carefully and use a setting spray, there's basicslly no fallout to speak of.

The best advice I can give when it comes to MC is to apply it wet to get the best color and help control fallout, and don't be afraid to use your finger to apply this one - I feel it gives the best results. When MC is used as an all over shade on the lid with a white highlight under the brow, it looks gorgeous.

on 2/16/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful color, beautiful packaging, but had to return it because of the glitter fallout which I found to be completely irritating. I tried wearing as an everyday shadow but had glitter all over my cheeks and even my forehead, which I'm not sure how it traveled upward but whatever! For an $18 eyeshadow I'd say this is very unacceptable, which is ashame because if it weren't for the huge chunks of flying glitter, it would be a perfect, luminous shadow in the most gorgeous champagne color with a slight tinge of pink. I even love the name. Oh well, gonna try Stila in Kitten instead!