Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy

Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

it's more of a glitter, not much pigment or opacity.

I use this on top of an existing eyeshadow, or to finish with a glittered / shimmered look.

one can use it as shimmer wash, but it's too sheer to use it alone.

i tend to pick up this color the most as compared to other moondust shades.

there's still fallout, but this is easier and quicker to use than the regular glitter and glitter glue method.

on 7/15/2016 5:27:00 PM

This isn't a bad color, but the glitter fallout, as with all Urban Decay shadows, is ridiculous. I seriously look like I got face-raped by a glitter pixie. I have glitter shadows from other brands that I can w/out them raining glitter over my entire under-eye area. I've even tried using TF's Glitter Glue & nothing seems to stop UD shadows from raining glitter on the rest of my face.

To Read all 359 Reviews, Login or Join

This has been my signature shadow for over a decade. The color is a gorgeous, rosy champagne with silver glitter.

I have to roll my eyes when people complain about the glitter in this product - no one should even consider this if they hate glitter/shimmer. When applied wet and packed on with a brush or even a fingertip, I experience very minimal fallout. If I apply this carefully and use a setting spray, there's basicslly no fallout to speak of.

The best advice I can give when it comes to MC is to apply it wet to get the best color and help control fallout, and don't be afraid to use your finger to apply this one - I feel it gives the best results. When MC is used as an all over shade on the lid with a white highlight under the brow, it looks gorgeous.

on 2/16/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful color, beautiful packaging, but had to return it because of the glitter fallout which I found to be completely irritating. I tried wearing as an everyday shadow but had glitter all over my cheeks and even my forehead, which I'm not sure how it traveled upward but whatever! For an $18 eyeshadow I'd say this is very unacceptable, which is ashame because if it weren't for the huge chunks of flying glitter, it would be a perfect, luminous shadow in the most gorgeous champagne color with a slight tinge of pink. I even love the name. Oh well, gonna try Stila in Kitten instead!

The pinkish tones complement my eyes well. I love this color as is, but then again I love glitter and shimmer. I wanted a nude w only silver glitter in it. It's harder to wear bc of the glitter factor, but life without glitter? Ew.

Wanted an inkigayo inspired color and realized I had it already w this color. (The glitter made me retire it) So I found an inspiration for this gorgeous yet high maintenance color. Grow up? Me yes, my makeup no.

on 10/1/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ugh. I bought this full well knowing it would be a glitter bomb, yet I am still disappointed. After eyeing it up for months, I finally caved & bought this from the UD website for $6 (I never would have even considered it had it been full price). I love champagne shadows (Stila Kitten being my all-time favorite), so I was hoping this would be similar with just a touch of silver glitter for some added ‘pizzazz’. Sadly, this shadow is dry, chalky and has no pigment whatsoever. All that shows up on me is silver glitter, that flies all over my face. My husband even commented that I looked ‘sparkly’. Unfortunately though, I find sparkle inappropriate for the work and casual looks that make up the majority of my makeup looks. This is only ‘ok’ as a base shadow, I had to layer several other shadows overtop to ‘cut’ the glitter a bit so at least it was wearable. It doesn’t crease or fade over a primer, and those darn sparkles last forever. This one I’ll be passing along to the teenage daughter of a friend, who will hopefully get more use out of it than I will. I’ve tried (and liked) several ‘vintage’ UD eyeshadows now that they’re marked down for $6, but unfortunately this has been one of the ‘misses’ for me.

I rated the product well but I would not buy again as I ordered one and i have one in the Feminine palette doy!!!! Hopefully another glitter junky will swap with me. To the review.

I do like the color though and I don't know maybe because I love glitter can work with this color quite well with minimal sparkles. I never pack this shadow on and I do use UDPP I love it and for me it holds my eyeshadow well. For this color the primer works well with it but I tap my brush before I apply it. I also do light sweeps from the pan then you don't pick up to much of the glitter.

I find then if I apply it like you would a wash of color you only get a speckle or 3 and that's pretty easy to repair. I just use a makeup remover cloth gently under my eye and it's gone. I do prefer UD's eyeshadow with micro glitter over the bigger pieces but the color is very versatile.

I can use it in the corner or highlight the brow bone. I also use it to tame down color or add a touch in the middle of my eye color which opens the eye more. One thing is for sure the glitter is a pain but if you have mastered this shadow the looks are endless and playing with urban Decay eyeshadow is just plain fun!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Okay, so I bought the Midnight Emergency pallete, but since I can't find that on here, I'll just review each one individually. So this color is my least favorite! I am a huge fan of Urban Decay, but they always include one glittery highlight color in their palletes that I don't like. Yes, it stays on, but I hate this color and it has no use for me.

Midnight Cowboy is a light champagne colour with a ton of silver glitter. I really like this colour as a wash over the whole eye, but the disappointing fact is the fallout of glitter all over my face. But this is only (to me) a minor set back as I can just do my face last if I know I'm going to be using this shade. It lasts well (with primer) and looks great on pretty much any skin tone, just swatch it before you buy it, as you might not like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with y'all on the issue of the glitters--it goes everywhere but the eyelid.poor design.it came in the NYC palette, which I have to say, has a very poor packaging, since no one likes carrying a eyeshadow palette bulky as a dictionary around, especially not makeup junkies who have a lot of stash to assort.
then again, the color itself is pretty.just wish it didn't come together with the stupid glitters.