Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

Smell is amazing, texture is unique, moisturizes really well but PRICEY!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OK, so let's forget the fact that this product is actually great in every sense. We need to talk about the smell, first. Because it's amazing. Like, really amazing. Like stick-your-nose-in-the-jar-and-inhale-it-into-your-soul amazing. I'd say that it is an exact cross between marzipan, vanilla, almonds, honey, beeswax, milk, and shea butter. It's sweet but not sweet-sweet. It's creamy but not bland. It's bitter but not rancid. It's just the perfect smell, basically. OK, scent-fangirling session over.
Now, moving on to the actual properties of the stuff.
The formula is perfect. You only need a pea-sized bobble of it to cover your hands, nails and wrists in order to massage it in comfortably without leaving a greasy 'glaze'. I also find that it sinks in without evaporating and keeps my skin soft for several hours afterwards - and that's a miracle, really, because I wash my hands all the time - without making my hands feel coated or heavy. Not only that, but the ambrosia-heaven-smell remains long after I've applied the cream, too!
Over time, this product has made my skin very soft even when I skip a dose or too, which would not have happened with any other creams. This could be due to the fact that it's a buttery, ointment-type texture, rather than a mousse-like cream. It has also made my cuticles softer and more pliable.
I will certainly buy this again...and again. Even if it is a little pricey.

on 11/21/2016 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a HUGE old school Burt's Bees products fan - I know they were taken over by Clorox and while are supposed to have kept their no-animal-testing stance, which is huge, you can absolutely tell the new Clorox-led products from the old, original ones. Thankfully this is one product that has stayed OG, and is full of ingredients you can (mostly) recognize. This is a THICK, rich, paste of a cream. It is phenomenal at moisturizing - I find this is better than their Hand Salve at healing seriously messed up hands. -- The Salve is excellent and I use that for a ton of different things - but for hands, this is probably my favorite hand cream, I'm on my ....5th jar? Something close to that. It's amazing for cuticles, it saturates like crazy, and the ultimate test? It is impossible to wash off. Like soap just doesn't get it off you, which means it's occlusive (sealing) on your skin to a great extent. I love the smell, and I wish it came in a larger jar. Can't recommend this enough. Wish they hadn't disco'ed the baby cream that was almost identical in ingredients. The price is great too, around $10 USD for 2 ounces.

on 9/3/2016 12:24:00 AM

I love this stuff! It is a little thick but I just put it on at night.

on 7/10/2016 11:54:00 AM

This product leaves my hands / cuticles SO moisturised and I love the smell! Also really like the pretty little pot. But...as others have said this is a very greasy product and I therefore don't feel it's practical for daytime use. However it's great to use at bedtime to leave on overnight. I would still buy again. A little goes a long way.

on 5/14/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a nurse practitioner in direct contact with patients, and I wash my hands at least 50-60 times a day. Regular hand cream just doesn't cut it, but this stuff is amazing. Feels great on rough, dry, over-worked hands that don't get a break. I love it so much I want to buy it in bulk. The only thing I don't like is the glass pot it comes in - it's too heavy to carry around, and it's not hygienic. Other than that this product gets 10 stars from me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I understand why they added clay (kaolin) but I don't like it. In theory, it should help with any residual greasiness. However, kaolin is not a clay that can be finely milled so it really just mixes with the oils and sits on top of hands making them feel like you've rubbed mud all over your hands. For me, my hands end up feeling paper (like another reviewer mentioned). Clay is very drying and absorbs oils. I don't get it. This is one of those situations where a natural brand should look to other ingredients that may be a little less natural to help with the formulation. Or try something else like arrowroot powder.

I always hate jar packaging and this is no exception. I can't get past the fact that it's so unhygienic. Also, I really love the smell of almonds but to me this smells like almonds mixed with a strong plastic smell. This is not a win for me.

on 12/15/2015 8:16:00 AM

I have always been really digging the almond-y scent in body and hand creams and when I saw this from the Burt's Bee line I simply had to give it a try. I have been suffering from eczema on my hands during the dry Canadian winter and the texture of it looked so rich and creamy I thought it would solve my problem. After I tried it I decided I would not purchase again and here's why:

Pros:
- this smells amazing...like a thousand angels if you like the almond-y scent
- the packaging was small and compact and since it was an open jar you can scoop up every bit of product no problem
- natural-ish ingredients and all that good stuff
- a little bit goes a LONG WAY so it lasted a while

Cons:
- I mean I love a good rich and creamy moisturizer but come on...this stuff just creates a film of grease and sits on top of your hands instead of being absorbed into your skin. My hands felt so greasy
- I wouldn't have minded the greasiness if it had actually worked, but it didn't nothing for my eczema
- for CAD$20 (it is probably more now I'm not sure) this stuff is pricy!

All in all really disappointed...really wanted it to work :(

on 11/5/2015 12:45:00 PM

This product is really rich and smells really good. But it can be sticky. Which is why I put it on before going to bed. It helps with cuticles.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought it because the ingredients list look so good. But I won't repurchase it again. The texture is very thick, I found it is hard to spread evenly. Even after I put it on my hand, it doesn't absorb and leave a film on my skin. This is not good especially if I need to do house works. It leave stain on my plates , glass and phone screen. The smell is too string for my liking too. I think the price is steep for a drugstore product. Another thing that discouraged me is the jar packaging, I need to use spatula to scoop the cream out because if I use my finger to scoop it then it will just stick under my nail. Another work for me to get them out from my finger nail.