The Color Workshop

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

its pretty much hit or miss with these palettes-some are good quality others aren't. I was very impressed with a light bronzer i recieved in one of these palettes, similar to NYC sunny, the eyeshadows usually aren't very pigmented, but once in a while you will get one that has some color. I found most of the blushes to be sheer, but since they are bright they will show up on most skin tones. The lipsticks are not very good, but if you dab it on lightly on top of lip balm (instead of applying it normally on lips) It looks OK. I used this brand a lot when I was younger because it was affordable, and it's great for beginners. As for someone who wants to do smoky dramatic eyes? This might not work for you, overall I prefer wet n wild.

I bought the 48 eyeshadow kit for $9.50. it came with 6 blushes, 6 eye highlights, 6 lip glosses, 4 eyeliners and, 4 lipsticks, some cheap make up brushes, 4 nail polishes, a mirror and pressed powder which im guessing is a bronzer. I have to say i'm pretty pleased with my purchase. I have green eyes and the green eye shadow is really pretty and compliments my eyes. Along with the gold, brown and blue shades. The only problem is the eyeshadow colours don't show up unless you add water to it. But hey, it looks nicer anyway, and lasts longer too. The blush is really messy, but goes on nicely and look good on. Lip gloss is ok, I'd rather use the ones I own.

Things I like: Visually appealing, colours look nice on, have a nice sparkle, most shades compliment skin tone and eyes, worth my money, looks good on, lots of variety.

Things I don't like: Makeup has no cover, blush is really messy, colour only stays on with water, comes off easily, can't sharpen eye liner because body is plastic, nail polish bristles leave streaks.

Overall i think this palette is well worth my money eye shadow wise. I don't really care about the rest of the stuff in this kit because I already own it.

But yeah, if its on sale I say why not?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the small lip gloss palette called the "lip phone" which is about the size of an iphone and has twenty super duper small squares of different colored glosses. It comes with two mini lip brushes (completely worthless- throw them away instantly). I advise you NOT to test as the bristles are hard as a rock and stab holes into the gloss. I bought it at CVS for $3.99.

I have to say, I am quite glad that I bought this, even though it looks absolutely ridiculous and is clearly very cheap makeup. Despite the obvious drawbacks, the darker, brighter colors are actually really pigmented and true to color. The light shimmery ones all look pretty much the same, but provide a subtle frosty sparkle. They smell like cheap makeup (you know, that cheap crayon smell, gross) but for $3.99, I'm glad I bought this. It gives me at least 13 new lip colors to experiment with. Of course I would rather have something a nicer, but this gives me the opportunity to see which colors are worth the investment. Too bad it doesn't come with more!

I've uploaded a photo of the swatches up above as well as a photo with one of the colors ("Dusk") on me. :)