The Color Workshop

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I get these palettes every year for the holidays from my aunt for some reason lol, So i have 3 of these huge sets. I must say the quality of the products depends on which set you buy. On one hand, the set that came with the little eyeshadow palettes that are 5 different shadows--the pigmentation on these aren't great. But, the sets that have little round eyeshadow duos work just fine. I have tried a variety of different brands so I know what's workable and what isn't, and if you're willing to give some of these eyeshadows a chance they will do just fine. One of the people who reviewed said you don't need high quality makeup to do alot of good looks and in this case it's very true. The blushes in either kit aren't my favorite, the lipsticks are fine. As for the brushes I don't bother with them, and the nail polishes are fine too. All in all if I had the option in a drugstore to buy these sets or individual products from a brand of the same prices like NYC or WnW, I would go with the other brands but I DO keep these around and have no shame in saying I use them, and I can get great looks from some of the Color workshop products!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It isn't good quality makeup but surprisingly you don't really need good quality makeup to get beautiful results. I think with skincare, money matters, but apart from foundation and concealer, with makeup it doesn't. Can you really tell an expensive lip gloss from an inexpensive one on another woman? I like the looks I get from this better than the looks I've gotten from higher end products. I got a palette with eyeshadows, blushes and lip sticks. The lip sticks are super long wearing and you can make them as sheer or opaque as you like. The blushes are very pretty. One of them looks better on me than NARS orgasm, easily. The eyeshadows come in lots of nice colours and will take you from day to night. Two of the golden shades are so insanely pretty I will have to rebuy them when I run out somehow.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I got a HUMONGOUS palette for around $10, and some of the shadows are surprisingly well-pigmented, blendable, last long with primer, etc. BUT (and this is a big but) the ones that are not feel like chalk, have no staying power whatsoever, and little pigmentation. In my experience, it's the neutrals/glitters (silver, white, brown, tan, etc.) that are the best quality of the lot. Personally I wouldn't buy it again if only half of the shadow are usable.