The Color Workshop

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I just wanted to warn others. I decided to give this eye shadow a chance because I've been having good luck with low costing eye shadows lately. (L.A. Girl beauty brick is great!) Anyways, went to Burlington coat factory today and saw The Color Workshop eye shadow palette.Three of the colors were glittery and similar to the colors I like in a Too Faced palette. So I bought the palette because the price was $3.99. Got home only to discover the colors I liked were actually matte under the light coating of glitter. If I wanted matte, I would have bought matte!!! Grrr, now I'm upset I wasted $3.99 on this product! I made an account on here just to write this review.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It isn't good quality makeup but surprisingly you don't really need good quality makeup to get beautiful results. I think with skincare, money matters, but apart from foundation and concealer, with makeup it doesn't. Can you really tell an expensive lip gloss from an inexpensive one on another woman? I like the looks I get from this better than the looks I've gotten from higher end products. I got a palette with eyeshadows, blushes and lip sticks. The lip sticks are super long wearing and you can make them as sheer or opaque as you like. The blushes are very pretty. One of them looks better on me than NARS orgasm, easily. The eyeshadows come in lots of nice colours and will take you from day to night. Two of the golden shades are so insanely pretty I will have to rebuy them when I run out somehow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a palette for $1.50 from walmart that had 6 shadows, 2 cream shadows and a few brushes. It was the smokey eye palette I believe. I use mostly higher end makeup but I have the say the shadows in this palette hold their own when it comes to pigmentation. I was quite surprised when I tried the black out and didn't have to use hardly any product to get a true black shade. The cream shadows however had pretty much no color payoff (which in all honesty is why I bought the palette to begin with). But the grey/black/white shades are awesome, i'm actually using them to go out to the bar tonight!