The Color Workshop

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a palette for $1.50 from walmart that had 6 shadows, 2 cream shadows and a few brushes. It was the smokey eye palette I believe. I use mostly higher end makeup but I have the say the shadows in this palette hold their own when it comes to pigmentation. I was quite surprised when I tried the black out and didn't have to use hardly any product to get a true black shade. The cream shadows however had pretty much no color payoff (which in all honesty is why I bought the palette to begin with). But the grey/black/white shades are awesome, i'm actually using them to go out to the bar tonight!

I have two of these palettes and must say that I find them to be quite good, BUT:

The trick to making the eyeshadows work is to apply them wet. I find this way they last an 8 hour shift, show a beautiful pearlescent shimmer and are totally easy to blend... wet only, though. The blusher works the same way as a shadow (I don't wear cheek blush but the colours look neat with my hazel eyes). I found if applied dry the shadows and blushers don't stick at all.

I didn't even bother with the lipstuff. It's got loads of shadow powder stuck on it.

You can find these cheap after the holidays, I find. Worth $5.