The Color Workshop

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

You get a lot for the price. I love the lip stick colors (I always use a lip primer to make them stay) and the blushes aren't bad. The eye shadow has the poorest quality. The last couple of years I've gotten one or two palettes to try them out, and I noticed that after you use the top layer of all of the sparkly shadows, the under layers are matte and very sheer. These are palettes you get for a teenager or a makeup beginner in my opinion. I do love the nail polishes, once again used on their own they aren't that great but if you use a top coat and a base coat they work well. I love how fast they dry, I probably have thirty colors of nail polish from this brand. I just find the eye shadow to be disappointing.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

its pretty much hit or miss with these palettes-some are good quality others aren't. I was very impressed with a light bronzer i recieved in one of these palettes, similar to NYC sunny, the eyeshadows usually aren't very pigmented, but once in a while you will get one that has some color. I found most of the blushes to be sheer, but since they are bright they will show up on most skin tones. The lipsticks are not very good, but if you dab it on lightly on top of lip balm (instead of applying it normally on lips) It looks OK. I used this brand a lot when I was younger because it was affordable, and it's great for beginners. As for someone who wants to do smoky dramatic eyes? This might not work for you, overall I prefer wet n wild.

So I got this for a gift & I thought it was going to be bad because the packaging. Its like cardboard. I was not expecting anything from the eyeshadows. There are 6 eyeshadows & 2 cream shadows. The cream shadows make good bases. I really like the shodows. It's a smokey eye palette, so there's blacks & greys & whites. Besides the packagging, it's a great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the small lip gloss palette called the "lip phone" which is about the size of an iphone and has twenty super duper small squares of different colored glosses. It comes with two mini lip brushes (completely worthless- throw them away instantly). I advise you NOT to test as the bristles are hard as a rock and stab holes into the gloss. I bought it at CVS for $3.99.

I have to say, I am quite glad that I bought this, even though it looks absolutely ridiculous and is clearly very cheap makeup. Despite the obvious drawbacks, the darker, brighter colors are actually really pigmented and true to color. The light shimmery ones all look pretty much the same, but provide a subtle frosty sparkle. They smell like cheap makeup (you know, that cheap crayon smell, gross) but for $3.99, I'm glad I bought this. It gives me at least 13 new lip colors to experiment with. Of course I would rather have something a nicer, but this gives me the opportunity to see which colors are worth the investment. Too bad it doesn't come with more!

I've uploaded a photo of the swatches up above as well as a photo with one of the colors ("Dusk") on me. :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have two lip palettes from this brand: One is a small (slightly larger than a credit card) Lucite compact with twelve shades in small, square-shaped wells, the other a large, rather ugly silver-coloured compact with eighteen larger, round wells of colour, which sort of resemble a watercolour set. Both palettes cost $3. While you do get more product and more colour variety with the larger compact, I don't recommend it, as its size makes it unwieldy and the glosses themselves are, with a few exceptions, quite sheer and a bit drying. The smaller compact is a very good value for the money, though, as the glosses are fairly highly-pigmented, feel creamy and silky on the lips, and come in more "wearable" colours, at least in my opinion. (The larger compact features a very bright neon pink and several shades of orange, which I suspect would be pretty ugly if the colours actually showed up on one's lips.) I would definitely buy the smaller one again.

*edit* I recently also bought the small eyeshadow palette mentioned below and have been pretty unimpressed so far. The shadows are creamy and have a pretty shimmer, but are very lightly pigmented, so the shimmer is really all that shows up. Still, it was only $3. continued >>