The Color Workshop

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

I just wanted to warn others. I decided to give this eye shadow a chance because I've been having good luck with low costing eye shadows lately. (L.A. Girl beauty brick is great!) Anyways, went to Burlington coat factory today and saw The Color Workshop eye shadow palette.Three of the colors were glittery and similar to the colors I like in a Too Faced palette. So I bought the palette because the price was $3.99. Got home only to discover the colors I liked were actually matte under the light coating of glitter. If I wanted matte, I would have bought matte!!! Grrr, now I'm upset I wasted $3.99 on this product! I made an account on here just to write this review.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

You get a lot for the price. I love the lip stick colors (I always use a lip primer to make them stay) and the blushes aren't bad. The eye shadow has the poorest quality. The last couple of years I've gotten one or two palettes to try them out, and I noticed that after you use the top layer of all of the sparkly shadows, the under layers are matte and very sheer. These are palettes you get for a teenager or a makeup beginner in my opinion. I do love the nail polishes, once again used on their own they aren't that great but if you use a top coat and a base coat they work well. I love how fast they dry, I probably have thirty colors of nail polish from this brand. I just find the eye shadow to be disappointing.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

its pretty much hit or miss with these palettes-some are good quality others aren't. I was very impressed with a light bronzer i recieved in one of these palettes, similar to NYC sunny, the eyeshadows usually aren't very pigmented, but once in a while you will get one that has some color. I found most of the blushes to be sheer, but since they are bright they will show up on most skin tones. The lipsticks are not very good, but if you dab it on lightly on top of lip balm (instead of applying it normally on lips) It looks OK. I used this brand a lot when I was younger because it was affordable, and it's great for beginners. As for someone who wants to do smoky dramatic eyes? This might not work for you, overall I prefer wet n wild.

I bought the 48 eyeshadow kit for $9.50. it came with 6 blushes, 6 eye highlights, 6 lip glosses, 4 eyeliners and, 4 lipsticks, some cheap make up brushes, 4 nail polishes, a mirror and pressed powder which im guessing is a bronzer. I have to say i'm pretty pleased with my purchase. I have green eyes and the green eye shadow is really pretty and compliments my eyes. Along with the gold, brown and blue shades. The only problem is the eyeshadow colours don't show up unless you add water to it. But hey, it looks nicer anyway, and lasts longer too. The blush is really messy, but goes on nicely and look good on. Lip gloss is ok, I'd rather use the ones I own.

Things I like: Visually appealing, colours look nice on, have a nice sparkle, most shades compliment skin tone and eyes, worth my money, looks good on, lots of variety.

Things I don't like: Makeup has no cover, blush is really messy, colour only stays on with water, comes off easily, can't sharpen eye liner because body is plastic, nail polish bristles leave streaks.

Overall i think this palette is well worth my money eye shadow wise. I don't really care about the rest of the stuff in this kit because I already own it.

But yeah, if its on sale I say why not?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I get these palettes every year for the holidays from my aunt for some reason lol, So i have 3 of these huge sets. I must say the quality of the products depends on which set you buy. On one hand, the set that came with the little eyeshadow palettes that are 5 different shadows--the pigmentation on these aren't great. But, the sets that have little round eyeshadow duos work just fine. I have tried a variety of different brands so I know what's workable and what isn't, and if you're willing to give some of these eyeshadows a chance they will do just fine. One of the people who reviewed said you don't need high quality makeup to do alot of good looks and in this case it's very true. The blushes in either kit aren't my favorite, the lipsticks are fine. As for the brushes I don't bother with them, and the nail polishes are fine too. All in all if I had the option in a drugstore to buy these sets or individual products from a brand of the same prices like NYC or WnW, I would go with the other brands but I DO keep these around and have no shame in saying I use them, and I can get great looks from some of the Color workshop products!

I gotten one of these for christmas one year and i have to say they are pretty good. They have so many pretty colors in the eyeshadows. But as far as the nail polishes and blushes goes i didnt like them. The eyeshadows were pretty chalky and some i had to rub and rub and rub and still nothing really came off . They also dont last that long either. I applied maybe around 7 in the morning and went to school. At about 9 am there was nothing left but in the crease. And since these pallets are so bulky i could carry them around with me. So i wound up just using these to put makeup on my step sister and her cousin when they begged me to do their makeup which i never minded doing. Or if they wanted to put makeup on me i let them use these kits to do so.
Overall i would buy theze kits for tweens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It isn't good quality makeup but surprisingly you don't really need good quality makeup to get beautiful results. I think with skincare, money matters, but apart from foundation and concealer, with makeup it doesn't. Can you really tell an expensive lip gloss from an inexpensive one on another woman? I like the looks I get from this better than the looks I've gotten from higher end products. I got a palette with eyeshadows, blushes and lip sticks. The lip sticks are super long wearing and you can make them as sheer or opaque as you like. The blushes are very pretty. One of them looks better on me than NARS orgasm, easily. The eyeshadows come in lots of nice colours and will take you from day to night. Two of the golden shades are so insanely pretty I will have to rebuy them when I run out somehow.

So I got this for a gift & I thought it was going to be bad because the packaging. Its like cardboard. I was not expecting anything from the eyeshadows. There are 6 eyeshadows & 2 cream shadows. The cream shadows make good bases. I really like the shodows. It's a smokey eye palette, so there's blacks & greys & whites. Besides the packagging, it's a great product!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

These eyeshadows and blushes are not the pick of the litter. The color does not stay on the brushes or my face and apparently its not just my face because they don't hold all that well in the pallets either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this huge case with 6 blushes, 48 eyeshadows, 4 lipsticks, and much more and i absoulutely love this product. the only bad thing is that the eye shadows are very messy.