The Color Workshop

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It isn't good quality makeup but surprisingly you don't really need good quality makeup to get beautiful results. I think with skincare, money matters, but apart from foundation and concealer, with makeup it doesn't. Can you really tell an expensive lip gloss from an inexpensive one on another woman? I like the looks I get from this better than the looks I've gotten from higher end products. I got a palette with eyeshadows, blushes and lip sticks. The lip sticks are super long wearing and you can make them as sheer or opaque as you like. The blushes are very pretty. One of them looks better on me than NARS orgasm, easily. The eyeshadows come in lots of nice colours and will take you from day to night. Two of the golden shades are so insanely pretty I will have to rebuy them when I run out somehow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a palette for $1.50 from walmart that had 6 shadows, 2 cream shadows and a few brushes. It was the smokey eye palette I believe. I use mostly higher end makeup but I have the say the shadows in this palette hold their own when it comes to pigmentation. I was quite surprised when I tried the black out and didn't have to use hardly any product to get a true black shade. The cream shadows however had pretty much no color payoff (which in all honesty is why I bought the palette to begin with). But the grey/black/white shades are awesome, i'm actually using them to go out to the bar tonight!

I bought the 48 eyeshadow kit for $9.50. it came with 6 blushes, 6 eye highlights, 6 lip glosses, 4 eyeliners and, 4 lipsticks, some cheap make up brushes, 4 nail polishes, a mirror and pressed powder which im guessing is a bronzer. I have to say i'm pretty pleased with my purchase. I have green eyes and the green eye shadow is really pretty and compliments my eyes. Along with the gold, brown and blue shades. The only problem is the eyeshadow colours don't show up unless you add water to it. But hey, it looks nicer anyway, and lasts longer too. The blush is really messy, but goes on nicely and look good on. Lip gloss is ok, I'd rather use the ones I own.

Things I like: Visually appealing, colours look nice on, have a nice sparkle, most shades compliment skin tone and eyes, worth my money, looks good on, lots of variety.

Things I don't like: Makeup has no cover, blush is really messy, colour only stays on with water, comes off easily, can't sharpen eye liner because body is plastic, nail polish bristles leave streaks.

Overall i think this palette is well worth my money eye shadow wise. I don't really care about the rest of the stuff in this kit because I already own it.

But yeah, if its on sale I say why not?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this huge case with 6 blushes, 48 eyeshadows, 4 lipsticks, and much more and i absoulutely love this product. the only bad thing is that the eye shadows are very messy.

So I got this for a gift & I thought it was going to be bad because the packaging. Its like cardboard. I was not expecting anything from the eyeshadows. There are 6 eyeshadows & 2 cream shadows. The cream shadows make good bases. I really like the shodows. It's a smokey eye palette, so there's blacks & greys & whites. Besides the packagging, it's a great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the small lip gloss palette called the "lip phone" which is about the size of an iphone and has twenty super duper small squares of different colored glosses. It comes with two mini lip brushes (completely worthless- throw them away instantly). I advise you NOT to test as the bristles are hard as a rock and stab holes into the gloss. I bought it at CVS for $3.99.

I have to say, I am quite glad that I bought this, even though it looks absolutely ridiculous and is clearly very cheap makeup. Despite the obvious drawbacks, the darker, brighter colors are actually really pigmented and true to color. The light shimmery ones all look pretty much the same, but provide a subtle frosty sparkle. They smell like cheap makeup (you know, that cheap crayon smell, gross) but for $3.99, I'm glad I bought this. It gives me at least 13 new lip colors to experiment with. Of course I would rather have something a nicer, but this gives me the opportunity to see which colors are worth the investment. Too bad it doesn't come with more!

I've uploaded a photo of the swatches up above as well as a photo with one of the colors ("Dusk") on me. :)

I have two of these palettes and must say that I find them to be quite good, BUT:

The trick to making the eyeshadows work is to apply them wet. I find this way they last an 8 hour shift, show a beautiful pearlescent shimmer and are totally easy to blend... wet only, though. The blusher works the same way as a shadow (I don't wear cheek blush but the colours look neat with my hazel eyes). I found if applied dry the shadows and blushers don't stick at all.

I didn't even bother with the lipstuff. It's got loads of shadow powder stuck on it.

You can find these cheap after the holidays, I find. Worth $5.

I have the blush kit, where it came with two blushes, and then a blush brush. I got it from walgreens. Both of the caps on my blush are broken, but that's okay, because they are very good and last the whole day on me. I love the blush brush it came with. I really enjoy this kit, it's great if your just starting make up, as I was when I first got this, the peach blush was a HG, because I felt it made my face look more matte.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have two lip palettes from this brand: One is a small (slightly larger than a credit card) Lucite compact with twelve shades in small, square-shaped wells, the other a large, rather ugly silver-coloured compact with eighteen larger, round wells of colour, which sort of resemble a watercolour set. Both palettes cost $3. While you do get more product and more colour variety with the larger compact, I don't recommend it, as its size makes it unwieldy and the glosses themselves are, with a few exceptions, quite sheer and a bit drying. The smaller compact is a very good value for the money, though, as the glosses are fairly highly-pigmented, feel creamy and silky on the lips, and come in more "wearable" colours, at least in my opinion. (The larger compact features a very bright neon pink and several shades of orange, which I suspect would be pretty ugly if the colours actually showed up on one's lips.) I would definitely buy the smaller one again.

*edit* I recently also bought the small eyeshadow palette mentioned below and have been pretty unimpressed so far. The shadows are creamy and have a pretty shimmer, but are very lightly pigmented, so the shimmer is really all that shows up. Still, it was only $3. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

You get a lot for the price. I love the lip stick colors (I always use a lip primer to make them stay) and the blushes aren't bad. The eye shadow has the poorest quality. The last couple of years I've gotten one or two palettes to try them out, and I noticed that after you use the top layer of all of the sparkly shadows, the under layers are matte and very sheer. These are palettes you get for a teenager or a makeup beginner in my opinion. I do love the nail polishes, once again used on their own they aren't that great but if you use a top coat and a base coat they work well. I love how fast they dry, I probably have thirty colors of nail polish from this brand. I just find the eye shadow to be disappointing.