AHAVA Body Lotion

AHAVA Body Lotion

3.5

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Has a strong floral scent. This is the same ingredients as the hand lotion. The only difference is the hand lotion contains witch hazel. Ahava MIneral Body lotion is below average lotion for me. Cheaper, drugstore lotions such as Eucerin, SkinFix and Aveeno Daily Naturals are much better than this.

on 7/10/2016 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My eczema body won't allow me to use any of Ahava's lotion. I've tried them all and it itches even more!

When my eczema was not serious, the lotion is a dream to use... All of them. But not anymore...

Then again, my eczema got really serious for 3 years and I was with a lot of open wounds.
I have another bottle of velvet body lotion (Hibiscus & Fig) which I will try again when I'm all healed.

on 11/1/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a free sample of the "Water" lotion - which smelled minerally but pleasant enough. Very effective on hands, arms and legs. A runny/watery lotion.

This lotion does the trick on dry skin, as it is ment for women who live in a very dry desert climate. The products are from Israel and are very high quality.
I love the neutral scent and package, just like what a high quality product used in a beauty spa should be.
The price isn't cheap, I get my products straight from Israel, but here in Belgium (where I live) they are extremely expensive.

I've used Ahava body lotions and hand creams on and off for about 4 years now. I like the fragrance and have found that even friends with sensitive skin can use this body lotion and nothing else. I like the fact that the the lotion absorbs well and has a low "rub-off" factor on clothing. I do agree with those who say this lotion may not provide enough moisture, but if you're looking for something that absorbs well, smells fresh, and allows you to dress quickly, this is a good choice.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for Dead Sea Essentials by Ahava body lotion in "Aloe Vera".

Quick Review:

Pros- smells fresh (not overpowering), fast absorbing, not greasy, softens skin

Cons- somewhat pricey, inconvenient bottle

Overall: I would love to give this product 5 stars BUT it is pretty pricey IMO, and the bottle is a little awkward to use, especially when your hands are covered in lotion

Complete Review:

I am very picky about body/hand lotions, because I don't want to "feel" the lotion and don't want to smell as if I doused myself in perfume... and I think I have found "the one" lol. I bought the Dead Sea Essentials by Ahava body lotion in "Aloe Vera" from Target, though I am sure there are other places to find this product.

When applying the lotion, move quickly because it does absorb faster than most (which is mentioned on the back of the bottle), so be warned if you are the type that likes to "rub in" their lotions, which I am not, I typically don't allow myself that much time in the mornings to get ready. My skin seems to love this lotion, it feels very soft, even hours later, especially the backs of my arms. I have keratosis pilaris which leaves my arms somewhat dry, bumpy and red/pink, and this product appears to have helped :)

The scent "seems" strong when you first smell it in/out of the bottle, but once you apply it, the scent starts to dissipate. It smells very fresh, not very floral nor powdery, it's hard to describe. Long after application, you can still smell a hint of the lotion, which I find very nice, especially if you have a "special" person nuzzling your neck ;)

Unfortunately there are a couple downfalls. First, it is quite pricey IMO. It was $18 for a 17 ounce bottle!!! This may not seem like much, except for the fact that I am almost 1/3 through the bottle and I've only had it for a week and a half and have used it just a little more than every other day. Second, the bottle is a pain in the rear. It is rectangular shaped and bulky, which wouldn't be a concern of mine, if it had a pump, which it doesn't... you have so squeeze the product out which can prove difficult with a smooth bottle and slick hands.

So overall, I am really enjoying this lotion and definitely will be buying it again (unless of course I find something that tops this lol)... The only things I would change about this product is the price (who wouldn't?) and the bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Buy the mineral hand lotion and use it as a body lotion. For some reason it's not quite the same formula and feels thinner. Doesn't refresh my skin the same way, though the smell is the same. I prefer other body lotions, jergens works just as well.

on 6/6/2010 7:02:00 PM

I really wanted to like this and bought 2 big bottles of this at a deep discount at Winner's. Definitely would not pay the full price for this product. I find that I need a lot to moisturize. Very average moistuizer. I don't find the scent particularly strong.

on 12/22/2008 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I found this lotion at my local Ulta store and I love it BUT...the smell is so overpowering. It doesn't smell bad but it is SO strong and the scent lasts all day and night. What's the point of wearing expensive perfume if all you can smell is the lotion. I won't be purchasing it again.

I love everything that I have used from AHAVA. The mineral body lotion is no exception. It has a light texture and it smooths into my skin nicely. I enjoy the fresh fragrance- sort of an aloe, cucumber-ish salty scent. The fragrance isn't cloying at all. This lotion leaves my skin feeling soft and silky, never sticky. Two thumbs up!

Popular Lotions / Creams