The Color Workshop

Not sure

on 10/31/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Smells bad, looks bad, packaging falls apart when newly opened

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Great makeup brand so far I have had all most everything and my favorite is the eye shadow and lip gloss the lip gloss is beautiful I wish it did not crackle as bad I have to keep re doing it but the eye shadow is awesome great prices and packaging

DO NOT BUY! I bought the color workshops nail polish and it was complete garbage. It looks blobby, and literally doesn't even stay on for 2 hours. It peels off so easily you can't do anything. And for the glitter with the nail polish, they make it look like it's filled with glitter, but actually they put a big hole in the center of it to fill it up so you only have less then a pinch of glitter and it's not enough to put on all of your nails and it wouldn't come straight down, it came side ways and it wouldn't go on my nails so it would waste it. For the " glitter " eye shadow, they only sprayed the glitter on top to make it look like all of it is glitter, but it's not. The best thing from this brand is the eye shadow because it did last the day and was little bit glittery. The nail polish annoyed my skin, it felt like it was jaggy and it hurt, and when I peeled off the nail polish on my skin, it peeled some of my skin off. I'm not trying to sound dramatic, but it just was a horrible experience that I don't want anyone else to go through.

on 12/26/2014 1:43:00 PM

Complete waste of money, do not buy this brand unless you want to look like a 6 year old who got into her mom's makeup. Blushes are unnatural/garish colors, bronzers and shimmer powders have no pigment. Lipsticks are weird/unnatural shades. I was most disappointed about the eyeshadowss...they offer no pigment and all the shimmery eyeshadows werent even actually shimmery, the shimmery shades were ALL just over sprays so after you use the shade once its no longer shimmery and its just matte. Mascara was hardly usuable and the liquid liners were difficult to use and smudgy. Complete waste.

The only item that is ok is the nail polish, although it chips easily.

Never again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well for Christmas I got a color workshop set that came with about five or six eyeshadow duos blush eye pencil lipstick and makeup applicators.it was supposed to be a natural look so nude colors.well when I was opening it it fell out my hands and dropped an eyeshadow broke.there goes one.i found that the packaging was really cheap and it broke easily. The blush wasn't very pigmented so I used it as eyeshadow.i haven't tried the lipstick but I would not recommend it
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT

on 9/11/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So, i got a gift set for Christmas last year. I always was interested in makeup a i little bit but at the Tim's i got this kit, i was realty into makeup. So i got this large kit that came with four pallets that contain 30-40 colors that were in small pans, 1 blush each, and four lip glosses. Next in the kit, there were about four shimmer powders, a couple of mini lion brushes, sponged applicators, a black and a shimmery purple liner, a blush brush, black and brown pencil liners and two lip liners. I've used all of them.

The shadows aren't that great. Some of them take a lot of packing on to get the color show up well. Some of them just need some water. I still use some of the neutrals everyday
They acrually show up well when they are paired with primer. There are some really nice colors and some just take some effort.

The liners aren't foot. The black liquid liner isn't that dark but i guess its good if you. Don't want it to look too harsh. The purple one isn't bad. It doesn't last very long but the color is nice. The pencil liners are terrible. They don't last me thirty minutes.

The shimmers are alright, but the colors are weird. They're pink and purple? I don't use them all. They're messy too.

Thevlip glosses are drying burglary very pigmented. I used a lip blame before i use the lip close because the pigments are nice. The blushes are ok. There is this one coral-ish blush that i really love. It goes nicelyvwith my yellowish skin tone and it stays on all day shockingly. Its the last step in my routine and it lasts me hours.

I'm trying to find good use for this gift and i have to admit some products shocked me on their alright quality compared to the terrible quality of their other productsn this is good for younger makeup newbies

on 9/9/2012 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When I first started out with makeup, this brand was my go to. I've had several palettes by them, and I'll review each of them seperately:

.The first palette I got for my thirteenth birthday. It had about ten individually potted eyeshadows, three blushes, four lipsticks, five eyeshadows, eyeliners, a lip liner and a mascara. The eyeshadows were okay for a sheer wash of color, the mascara didn't do much in the way of volume but didn't clump, the eyeliner and lip liner didn't last very long, the lip and cheek colors were a bit bright and old fashioned but okay for play makeup, overall a gem for a thirteen year old just starting out with makeup.

When I was fourteen I picked up another kit. This one had the eyeshadow, blush and lip colors in complementary colored palettes. The pigmentation was worse then the last palette, but once again suitable for a young girl. I got a lot of wear out of the neutral colors, and even wore then wet for a more natural look.

I then bought a kit with a shimmery bronzer, what was supposed to be a highlighter (but used them as eyeshadows) two blushes and a cream bronzer. The only downfall were the blushes that were a bit garish, but the bronzer and eyeshadows worked well.

Summing it all up, this is a great buy for beginners, people who want a very sheer wash of color on their eyes, and for teenagers. For an adult who is experienced with makeup I wouldn't reccomend this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm going to start off with naming the positive:
first off, the nail-polishes are AMAZING. I'm currently wearing this shimmery pink and it's so Barbie Doll chic. Totally in love. The cream eye-shadows are nice, too.

now everything else is complete and utter garbage, in my opinion--but because I am smitten with their nail-polishes, this brand definitely deserves a 4.

on 12/15/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm... I almost don't know what to say about this brand. A few months back I bought a huge TCW kit from Shoppers Drugmart on sale for about $25 CDN. It has about 80 eyeshadows (approx), 20 blushes/contours (approx), 30 lipglosses (approx), 2 lip liners, 4 lipgloss tubes, 4 lipsticks, 2 eyeliners, 1 mascara and a few brushes. So yes, a lot of stuff for the price I paid.
I found everything was pretty well pigmented which was a plus, but after a day or two of wearing the blush, I started breaking out. Nothing is worth that. Also, they are pretty hard to blend. Wherever you first put it, it pretty much stays there. Major con. The lipglosses in the pallatte were a bit drying and didn't stay put for long. The lipsticks and lipgloss tubes were alright, but I wans't crazy about any of the colours...they were all a little too flamboyant, nothing natural for everyday wear. The mascara was okay, nothing special and the eyeliners pretty much sucked.
Now I find I resort to this pallatte only for the huge variety of eyeshadows, but not often because I worry about what the crappy quality will do to my skin. I love having lots of eyeshadow colour options, but I'll probably go for ELF next time if I want something cheap. Wouldn't buy again.

Popular Other Products