Hanae Mori Haute Couture EDT

3.1

Haute Couture is very different from HM's other offerings. There are no butterflies or magical moons in this one! Instead, Haute Couture is a chrysanthemum fragrance, but it wears very differently depending on its concentration.

The pink lady (EdT) is dry with a touch of green & spice; perfect for summer & long-lasting for the concentration. The blue lady (EdP) is sweet dried flowers with green; it's a 3-season fragrance. The red lady (parfum) is sweet dried flowers which dry to a syrupy muck; it's a mess on my skin, so I spray it in my hair instead.

I adore the EdT and picked up the other two concentrations based on my experience with the EdT. I much prefer the EdT over the others. Moreover, the price of the EdT is hard to beat -- under $20 for 50ml.

With the exception of rose, I find floral-dominant fragrances hard-to-wear and hard-to-like. Haute Couture is an exception. It's unique, the price is right, and I love it! Definitely in my top 10.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received Hanae Mori HM EDT as a sample from Sephora. Now I know why they are giving those away. Two words come to mind. Bug Spray! I could not wait to wash it off. I don't know how anyone can wear that fragrance in public. It is very spicy, and woody. I was hoping the dry down would be bearable, but I was wrong. There are chemical notes in there that make it very annoying and sickening. If you are in the market for a fragrance that is spicy and woody, I would highly suggest testing this one before purchasing.

An unexpected surprise that came from a sample try. Why this doesn't get higher reviews from Perfumistas I'll never know! This is almost lost in the hub bub of fragrance selection and my discovery makes it a satisfying find- a secret find. It's sort of the bastard child of bandit, mitsuoko and an unnamed soft powder from the 1980's. After the initial aldehydic blast- it dries down into a very feminine and soft old fashioned lovely powder warmth. I love it. The bottle design is tall, frosted, with haute couture in script and the outer box has one of hanae mori's original drawing fashion plates. You can find this for about $30 for 1.7 EDT which is a steal. Expect it's appeal to be lost on the younger set, as is Hanae Mori's fashions, but to those of you that love to smell soft and feminine like Hanae, you should try it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow i think i expected a lot from this after trying the butterfly..powdery and smells awful, felt like too much was going on there. It too strong for my taste :( I am giving this away after one sniff..its that bad!!

I love this sophisticated scent that has a touch more chic and elan than Butterfly (which I also love). I'd wear this on a date, absolutely, to send a message of sophisticated elegance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmmm...it's very powdery and sweet and reminds me of "White Flowers" by Keiko Mecheri, but this isn't quite as well balanced as White Flowers. It's also really quite cheap at discount online perfume stores which is a definite plus compared to the $80 one has to spend for Keiko Mecheri.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Omg, I sprayed this on myself and it smells just like Raid. I couldn't wait to rinse this off. Nothing like butterfly. This stuff is smelly and gross but would be great to kill ants with in the summer time.

NOT HM butterfly. But the other one. A powdery oriental with a floral base, not too musky. When I first put it on, I thought it was vile. 5 hours later, I couldn't stop sniffing myself. It's quite pungent, almost old-fashioned in its Opium or Poison sort of way, reminding me of the high-powered 80s. As it mellows out, it smells quite sexy, almost in a Michael Kor's kind of way. Interesting. Bottle, boring. I guess use a light hand and you'll smell good all day long, because this stuff doesn't run away quickly.

Popular Fragrances