NARS Artist Palette - Emotional Rescue

4.2

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Funny i'm reviewing this after i swapped it LOL, anyway it's a great palette i didn't keep because i didn't get to use any of the l/s's and neither the multiple (too dry imo); but the e/s quad and the blush are awesome! I almost cried for those eh eh eh; i ordered Orgasm blush even before i shipped the palette ;-)
The e/s gives an amazing amd dramatic look if you're into purples, they last pretty well too, i may even get some of them individually if they're available.

continued >>

This is a great palette for anybody with my skin coloring (neutral PPP/LLL, green/blue eyes). I'm assuming that previous reviewers have already described all the colors in this so I won't go over that again, except to say that the shades are wonderfully coordinated and can create a myriad of looks from subdued daytime one to pure night-time drama. My favorite part of the palette have to be the lipstics especially Dolce Vita and Captiva--great shades, great quality, long-lasting. I also love Cannes multiple- a pinkish rosy color. I am not crazy about the eye shadows. The colors are great for bringing out green in my eyes, but the formulas are little dry and difficult to apply. Himalayas, a winter white shade, is especially chalky. One more thing, as much as I love palettes and can't stand when they get messy. This one makes it practically impossible to apply the blush without it getting all over the lipsticks and the multiple which is right below it. I hate that. Overall though, this is a beautiful palette and i always get compliments on my makeup when I use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LippyLoo below basically said everything for me - i was inderimpressed with this, my first NARS product. At least I got it for free!! Orgasm doesn't show up, but I LOVE Cannes (multiple). The eyeshadows do not have enough pigmentation for me, I like an easy swipe of color, but the dark purple one (lulu) is a nice eyeliner when applied wet. The l/s's are very nice, but still not enough pigmentation. the palette itself is beyond gorgeous. I would just buy the multiple if I chose to buy another NARS product.

Another beautiful NARS palette. It includes pretty e/s (although Himalayas won't show up on me at all... big dissapointment), including night fairy, a lilac with tons of silver sparkles, which is perfect for a night look. I also love the sheer pigeon-grey e/s, which can also be used for an everyday look.

As for the blushes, you've got Orgasm (again.... but it's a pretty shade, let's face it) and Cannes Multiple (which color reminds me of Sin, which I luuuuuuurv, so I also enjoy it).

Lipsticks are sheer and include my all time favorite Dolce Vita.

I think I'll have this palette a long time but I'd repurchase (either for myself or as a present for a friend or one of my sisters)

RAVE for Emotional Rescue! I am GGG NC42 and was very pleasantly surprised by this palette. I had read the reviews here and was a little skeptical. I also wondered if the colors would be too cool for me. Boy was I wrong! I like all the shadows, even Night Fairy, which many people seem to dislike. I love that Night Fairy has large gold sparkles in it. I feel that gold is really flattering to GGG skintones. Lulu, the deep purple shadow, is not that dramatic on my naturally tanned skin. I mean it is, but not nearly as much as it looks on paler complexions. I'm very satisfied with the Orgasm blush and Cannes multiple. I thought the dark berry colored lipsticks would be too dark for my liking, however, they remind of MAC Sophisto in that they are fairly sheer. I did sense the waxy smell on the lipsticks, but the scent disappeared once I put them on. I'm very satisfied with this palette and love the sophisticated "gorgeous" look that this palette creates. Highly recommeded for my fellow tanned ladies!! Think this will work for CCCs and DDDs as well.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful palette! I love the sheer lavender/grey eyeshadows! I use the dark purple eyeshadow as a liner. I am a fair PPP brunette/brown eyes and I think the lavender eyeshadows are very flattering for my brown eyes ... they really bring a colorful sparkle to my eyes ... makes them "pop"! I love the Orgasm blush (of course! It's a classic!). The Cannes Multiple is a *BEAUTIFUL* rosy-golden color and since I do NOT use cream blushes (because I have oily skin), I use Cannes as a soft and pretty lipstick. I add a bit of lipgloss on top (Smiths Rosebud Salve) and Cannes becomes the most beautiful, moist, soft color on my lips! *Love it*! Also, the rest of the lipsticks are varying shades of berry and I use them quite a bit too. I like to mix them together to create different shades. I really like this palette! The Orgasm blush and Cannes Multiple make this palette a great "everyday" palette for me!

I am really obsessed with this palette. I have fair skin, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, and the colors just look amazing on me. I do not like overly heavy eyeshadows, so the sheerness of these is perfect for me. I really like the bright purple shade as eyeliner. The biggest discovery for me, however, was the pairing of the Cannes multiple and the Orgasm blush. I apply the Cannes first (lightly) and dust the Orgasm over it (also lightly) and it just gives the most amazing summery glow. The lipsticks are beautiful rosy neutrals, and include my favorite Nars lipstick, Tobago. This palette is going everywhere with me this summer!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My first NARS palette and I am very impressed. I love the Cannes multiple and Orgasm together. So I think its worth the price just because of these two blush colors. I hardly use the lipsticks in this palette at all, they are all very sheer and hardly show up on my lips at all. I think MAC does a better job with their lipsticks. However, I love the e/s combo. The colors look so elegant together. Very subdued. Not sure if I would purchase this palette again but I would definitely buy more of the Cannes multiple. This multiple is amazing!!!

One of my personal favorite NARS Palettes. Definitely IMO for those who like cool vs. warm shades. Orgasm blush is obviously a nice peachy addition, but Cannes multiple is great too! The only let down in this palette is the Night Fairy eyeshadow, which shows as just sparkle and has NO pigment.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this free from my mother-in-law, who works at a department store. She's got the NARS hook-up, so I've gotten quite a few of ol' Francois' products this year. Overall, I'm not that impressed with NARS (great colors, sucky formulas) and this palette is no exception. The vivid violet/mauve shades of e/s, blush, and l/s are stunning in the pan, but the shadows apply like chalk and the lippies are waxy and hard to get out of the pan. Also, since this comes with no applicators, you have to tote them along in a separate bag. I do like the Cannes and Orgasm blushes, but not any more than drugstore products. I think NARS is overrated and mega-marketed. (BTW, this palette comes with the celebrated "Dolce Vita" YLBB lipstick, which I found to be an unremarkable brownish mauve.)