GloMinerals Pressed Base

GloMinerals Pressed Base
Pressed BasePressed Base

Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Nylon – 12, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopentyldiol, Water (Aqua), MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 7/29/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is not a bad product, I wouldn't rave about it. Generally, powder fdn does not offer much coverage, including this one. I can barely use it on my dry skin since it is summer. It gives a skin-like finish, not flat matte & no shimmer. The colour runs light, I picked golden medium for my NC 30-35, but this looks like more suitable for NC 20-25.

on 5/19/2016 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sigh. I think I'll be buying this again. (sigh because of the price)
One compact lasted just over four months. That's OK, I guess.

Look. Powder foundations are awesome. They're quick (biggest plus), they're easy to apply, and they're great for touch-ups. Unfortunately it's SO difficult to find a good one. This is definitely one of the better ones.

Reference: NC30, olive undertones. Bought this in honey light. Decent match.

- No breakouts
- Decent colour match for me (please go in store and get samples. Honey medium was "matched" to me by a sales lady. Instead of buying it, I took a sample and found it was wayy too dark in daylight. Honey light was fine, tested that too. It has olive undertones which is perfect for me).
- Decent longevity
- Natural, glowy finish...if you don't over-apply

- Cakey if you try to build your whole face to full coverage. I would use a separate concealer for under-eye circles and zits. Or 'pinpoint' the coverage in some areas while keeping it sheer in others. There was one awful day---probably the first week I purchased this---that I just caked layers and layers of this on because i had a hormonal breakout and was too lazy to use concealer. My boyfriend commented on the cakeyness. This absolutely doesn't happen if you just use a layer or two, lol.
- No oil control. I usually use a setting powder anyway.
- Bad color selection for some people. These expensive brands should have WAY more colors!
- ...Expensive. :|

I'm out of powder now and I'm missing this. I was using Lucy Minerals too, but as soon as I ran out of this I realized I really liked it (you know when you don't realize how much you like an item until it's gone? lol). I've tried everyday minerals, lucy, alima, mac studio fix, marcelle powders, lise watier powders, bla bla bla.

Unfortunately, this is the best, so far. Lucy is second-best, IMO, but it doesn't have the same longevity and isn't as finely milled. I also think the magnesium stearate might be breaking me out from Lucy Minerals, so Glominerals wins...

Well...I'd better go repurchase it tomorrow. My poor bank account.

To Read all 194 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/16/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm giving this three stars because I have mixed feelings about this.

Good range of shades available but colour selection is difficult. Don't even think about trying to match yourself using swatches online - I wasted a whole lot of money by doing that. For reference, I bought the shade Honey Medium based on descriptions, but it was too dark for me. I have Asian medium-tan skin with olive undertone, and I wear Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer in Ginger, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC35 (slightly too dark/yellow but fine under powder), and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in 6 (summer).

I decided to try this foundation because I'd heard good reviews and I wanted to see if I could find a better colour match. I'm loyal to Jane Iredale's purepressed base, in which I wear Latte, which has yellow-brown undertones, but it can look a little dark on me in winter. If you're like me and need something between JI Golden Glow and Latte, maybe try the Glo Minerals in Honey Light? Or Golden Dark, which is apparently the same level of depth but slightly less warm. Hopefully this helps someone.

Another thing is that I couldn't find a way to apply this foundation nicely. A sponge made my face look heavy, powdery and mask like. My EcoTools kabuki couldn't really grab it properly so it looked too sheer. My large animal hair power brush (Models Prefer) and my smaller flat top goat hair brush (JI Handi Brush) both seemed to be too dense for the powder - powder flew all over my table, and when i applied it to my face, it looked powdery and fake and uneven by the time I applied enough to get decent coverage.

I suspect that this foundation, like the JI pure pressed base, needs to be applied with a matching GloMinerals brush in order to achieve a flawless look, so perhaps budget for that. I'd be willing to try this one again if I could get matched instore and have a salesperson demonstrate how to apply it properly. While I'm not impressed by how dull and powdery the finish of this foundation appeared, maybe I was just using the wrong brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It looks really good and lasts a long time without retouching. Also it didn't cause me to breakout like other powders usually do. I love it (:

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite powder foundation. Its stupid expensive (about $45 almost i think), but it completely evens out my skin which has lots of discolorations and scars. I hate when powder foundations say "build able" and its not, but with this you can really do a light dusting to full coverage. I have extremely oily skin so this is not going to keep the oilies away, but i have never used anything that has. It can gather in fine lines so I'm careful not to put too much near laugh lines and don't use this under my eyes, which i never do with powder foundation anyway. I used Golden Dark, which is not dark at all but my summer color. Im Golden Medium the rest of the year. This is the only foundation I've found that matches my light/medum olive skin!! I initially began using this because it is not tested on animals. I had been a big fan of Lancome and Estee Lauders powder foundations, but couldn't stand the thought of it being tested on a little animal. This foundation is better than both of those and i don't feel guilty.

on 10/8/2015 7:07:00 AM

This is a really good mineral foundation. I've tried Lily Lolo, which started to itch on my skin and looked cakey after a little while.

This hasn't broken me out or caused blackheads! I've used it full on as a foundation and also as a light coverage powder. It looks really nice on the skin! Although the color range is good, the natural fair shade, is a little bit dark on me (i'm paler than NC15 in MAC). But as a lighter coverage it is suitable :-)

I would buy it again - and since may i have yet to finish it!
Definitely recommend.

on 9/25/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Oh I so wanted this powder to work but me and mineral based products just do not get along!

To clarify I have very oily skin (after cleansing is oily in about an hour).

This seemed like it would be a good product for oily skin which I'm sure for some as per the reviews it is but for me it gets a thumbs down.

The colour I purchased was Golden Light (my perfect match is Revlon Colorstay Buff for ref) the colour is light enough but is very yellow so can look quite 'sickly', the texture is fine if buffed in lightly... however this makes me oily quicker than without a product on my face and the foundation itself starts to break down / go splotchy rather than fade away.

Also due to the expense of this product I definitely won't purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Yes, full coverage. Kind of. But it's very cakey. Even after I spray my face with a setting spray. Also, it makes my skin oily (as any other foundation, no surprise there.) It's OKAY.

on 8/15/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this!! It's easy to apply. Does NOTbreak me out like everything else. And makes my skin look a lot healthier than it is!

on 6/26/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

makes my skin look beautiful ( i have very bad acne and scars) this covers it completely and beautiful colors to match the skin tone