Kanebo Kate Mini Mascara

No Image

3.6

on 11/4/2005 5:22:00 PM

This was my first black mascara so I'm not an experienced user but it was simple to apply with the brush, now that I have other mascaras I say the brush for this is quite good. Overall it does lengthen my lashes but it does flake as well, but it can be corrected with a top coat....

on 8/13/2003 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday after reading the good reviews here. I have to say, that it really is a good mascara. I'm not sure if it's just my un-experience with mascara (this is my second mascara ever) but I think that it's really good. The smell is...at best, not good, but it fades really quickly. Just make sure that you don't sniff the tube. The little applicator is nice, as is the squeeze tube instead of the normal hard shell tube. So far, it hasn't leaked in my bag or anything. Oh yes, and now the mascara benefits. It does a decent job of defining and lengthening, I didn't notice much volume though. I don't know if it's just my lack of application prowess, but when I put on a second coat, it got a little clumpy. But I think that's just me, and one coat is perfectly good for me. It holds a curl fairly well too. One tiny complaint, and again, I don't know if this is the same with all mascaras, but it leaves a kind of stiffness to lashes.

**edit. The above still applies, it defines, lengthens, but it FLAKES. oh god, the FLAKES. It completely irritated my poor contact lens wearing eyes and they hurt so much. and NO, I will definitely not be buying this again. So I guess it's into the trash can for you..unless someone wants to swap for it. I've only used it once, but I don't think it's that sanitary to swap mascara..... continued >>

on 12/20/2002 2:47:00 PM

This is the perfect color mascara. I received a tube of this in blue from a generous overseas swapper. It quickly became my holy grail blue mascara. It actually shows up a beautiful vivid blue on my lashes. No color mascara in the US has been able to achieve that on my black eyelashes. I am so impressed with this mascara that I have been on a hunt to acquire more ever since. If you have access to this line, please page me...I would swap generously for this mascara in blue and purple.

on 10/11/2002 10:27:00 AM

This is a very cute mascara from the Kanebo line Kate, which is popular among teen girls and young "office ladies". I like the mini wand since it is easier to control when applying mascara to skimpy lashes. This wears a long time and puts quite a bit of volume to weak lashes w/o clumping. Since this mascara really lasts, it is difficult to remove with just a face wash with cleanser. A separate product, cleansing oil, is recommended to use for full makeup removal before washing the face with cleanser. Using cleansing oil before face washing can be an extra step for the skincare regimen of many gals (including me), but this seems to be the most effective way to fully remove the mascara.

on 8/24/2002 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is wonderful! I have tubes in both black and purple. The formula lengthens rather than thickens, but it's quite pigmented. I have dark lashes, and even the colored mascara shows up as a true purple. It doesn't smudge, flake, nor did it unfurl my curled lashes. I also like the cute tube packaging. (It's very similar to Bobbi Brown's Lash Glamour). The tube doesn't contain a lot of product, but since you're suppose to throw out mascaras after 2-3 months of use, this mini-mascara is quite sanitary. Unfortunately, it's unavailable in the States. I picked these two up at a downtown cosmetic shop in Osan, S. Korea. I will be sure to purchase several more tubes before heading back home. (There's a pic in my profile).