Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

If you think this foundation will help you control the oil on your face, think again. This foundation goes on pretty normal coverage but dries very cakey if you don't put only a very small amount on. I'm still in school and this foundation lasts 3 out of the 6 hours I'm there and then shows my oil the rest of the day. The packaging is dumb like really a glass bottle who is that good for? When I run out of it I'm not buying this foundation again. I don't know about the other options of this foundation like not the oily skin version but this one is terrible for oily skin and combination skin like mine.

I bought this product for the first time to use in a production that I was in. It was long lasting, had nice coverage, and it didn't break me out. It was very hard to get out of the bottle, but I chose to credit that to the fact it was being stored in a cold and damp dressing room. I decided to repurchase, and it is still impossible to get out of the bottle. I can really only put on minimal amounts, and it feels very cakey on my skin. If this came with a pump, I might be able to reevaluate this product, since it kept my skin pretty clear. However, until then I won't be repurchasing because it is just too much of a hassle to use.

To Read all 538 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so disappointed with this foundation.
It was recommended to me to control oil on my skin, and boy did it do the complete opposite. I was looking for a replacement foundation for less money (I usually use Kat Von D's Lock-It Liquid Foundation) and thought this might be a good alternative.
When I tried to apply this foundation, it was streaky and did not blend nicely. The shade matched my skin tone well, I will say that, but after only 2 hours of sitting at home doing nothing, my face was shine central. I repowdered it, and an hour later I was shiny again. I had high hopes for this product after reading reviews but it did not work for me at all.

The bottle is also an inconvenient shape and it is very difficult to get the product out of the bottle. I would recommend this foundation to someone looking for light coverage with combination skin, but for us full coverage seeking, oily skinned gals, do not use this!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This foundation is so bad I want to slap myself silly for having bought it. I just always saw it in the store and decided to try it -shame on me.
I got the shade 'Soft Honey' because all the other ones looked too pink. I have very yellow undertones. The entire shade selection sucks. This turns orange so bad. It looks really harsh in natural lighting. So embarrassing.
The finish is sort of matte but it doesn't control oil well at all. Coverage is really light & it's just impossible to build up especially when it oxidizes into that horrible orange hue.
I wouldn't even recommend this to beginners. There are a lot of better options at the drugstore like Maybelline's Fit Me matte + poreless foundation. That one is around the same price and is a lot better.
I just don't know why I even wanted to try this. All my experiences with covergirl foundations have left me very disappointed. If you're thinking of purchasing this please skip it. You'd be very lucky if this foundation works for you. This was a straight up miss for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First of all, the bottle says the formula is oil control but I don't find it oil-controlling and it looks like grease was splattered all over my face within an hour of applying it. Second, the consistency is pretty lame, it feels lightweight though. Third, the coverage is not that good, light to medium. And to top it of, you'll literally have to scratch the liquid out of the bottle for it doesn't have a pump.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I will be ranting about the CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Foundation in the colour Tawny. This is the second foundation that I purchase when I begin my makeup obsession. I chose the darkest colour and hoped for the best not knowing it was going to match or not and if it did not match, I will still rock it. Now, the reason why I got this foundation was because it says friggin' OIL CONTROL on the bottle and having combo/oily skin loved that. Well, wearing this foundation I never applied a primer because I wanted to see the wear of the foundation without primer and I did not own one. I applied this foundation to my face with my E.L.F Powder Brush and I really like how it looked. But I swear, I got oily in the next 10 to 20 minutes. On top of that, the foundation came with no pump and you literally have to hit it at the back of your hand to get some product out. I was so mad about this because I had spent $10 or over on this crap and it was not even oil controlling. When I was applying to my face, I noticed that it was not even a matte or semi matte finish, it literally look like grease was slathered all over my face because my face was so shiny. Another thing, the bottle was friggin' heavy, like Covergirl why is the bottle so damn heavy for a crappy foundation. You are probably wondering why I didn't return is because one I threw out the receipt and two they didn't take back open cosmetics so I was screwed. I wore this foundation until it was done and never ever purchase it again. I would never recommend this to my family and friends who has oily skin, because they will truly hate this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. This was my first liquid foundation that I bought as a young teen and used it throughout high school and my early 20s. It seemed to work find back then and my skin looked pretty flawless. I guess my skin has changed since, as I feel like it doesn't do much for my skin anymore. It feels very heavy and thick but I do like the shade "Buff Beige". I find it also now accentuates my fine lines and dry patches throughout my face. Since this foundation doesn't seem to do the trick anymore I have been on search for the next best thing, but I keep going back to it since I havent found anything better.

Overall, I'd say this is a great foundation for a young girl just starting to wear makeup and wants good coverage for acne. Its pretty cheap compared to most Liquid foundations now a days, perfect for a tight budget aka a high school girl.

I'd say its worth a try.

on 12/26/2015 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this foundation served me well during year 7- back in the days when i had nothing to bloody cover.
good color choices, especially if you are fair skinned.
price is a bit iffy in Australia... you could get more for your money.
never gave me a single breakout but the smell is putrid... talk about 1970's perfume.
overall its good apart from the shit ass coverage!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you’re thinking about buying this foundation, just don’t.

I bought Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control in the shade porcelain ivory. I bought it because it was for oily and sensitive skin so thought it was the best of both worlds.

First of all, the packaging. It took me close to twenty minutes to get a usable amount of foundation out. The makeup its self is much too thick to be in a bottle without a pump.
I usually like to apply my foundation with a disposable sponge, after I have moisturized. I began to apply it an I began to notice how white it looked. I am quite pale and the color it displayed in the bottle matched but not when it applied on my skin. It looked horrible! On top of that it was so streaky. I just dabbed with the sponge and it was so streaky. I was expecting a medium coverage, and I did not get that. It put on super thin and had to be built up. I also applied the coordinating pressed powder on my t-zone to help with my problem area.

The makeup did not last a full 4 hours. The makeup had practically slide off my face. I was shinny and not only that, the foundation had oxidized and I looked orange. I blotted with toilet paper at least 4 times that day to make myself look half decent.

But I thought it was it was just a bad day and that I should at least try it for a couple of weeks before I gave up completely.

After my first full week in, I began to notice my face was itchy and flaking, but I just contributed that to the changing weather. By my second week in, I could have ripped my face off because it was so itchy, flaky and red and swollen.

I had a severe allergic reaction to this makeup, I particular, the high levels of perfume found in the makeup and other harmful chemicals. Generally, makeup that is suitable for sensitive skin doesn’t have such horrible ingredients in it and such high levels of perfume. I stopped using it immediately.

My face got so bad because of this makeup, that now I have eczema on my face. I was put on medicated creams and serious allergy medications by my doctor to help with the itching, flaking and redness. That was two months ago, and I am still dealing with the repercussions of this foundation. Only now is it starting to get better, and since then, I have not been able to use any makeup.

Overall, the packaging sucks, it is NOT for sensitive or oily skin, does not have a good color to it and is extremely streaky. Please if you have sensitive skin don’t use this.

First time use and I already love it. My face is really oily in the t-zone, and this has taken away the oil, and i feel as if I won't need to blot for the rest of the day. I didn't have to use a lot to get a natural finish or to cover up my acne scars.
paired it with my Rimmel Stay matte Pressed powder