COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Makeup Oil Control

COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Makeup Oil Control
Clean Matte Liquid Makeup Oil ControlCoverGirl Clean Makeup Oil ControlClean Matte Liquid Makeup Oil ControlClean Matte Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 4/4/2018 8:42:00 PM

My skin type: combo but mostly oily, especially in my T-zone. Very pale with mostly a pink undertone in the winter, a little less pale with more of a yellow undertone in the summer.

Okay so I’ve been using this foundation for probably about 7 years now. Throughout the years, I’ve tried many other foundations & bb creams, thinking that maybe I’d find something better. But so far, I haven’t. It seems like all other foundations I’ve tried either end up being too cakey, too oily, not blendable, not lasting long, not the right color, becoming darker as they oxidize, or a combination of any of those qualities. I always go back to this one. This foundation doesn’t have any of those issues!
In the winter, I wear the 505 ivory shade, & in the summer, I go a little darker with the 510 classic ivory. Despite having combo skin, I always stick with the oil control matte ones.

First of all, my skin breaks out sometimes, & this is one of the only foundations that rarely ever breaks me out. Even if I fall asleep wearing it, it doesn’t seem to cause problems.
Second of all, this foundation lasts all day!!! Like I said, I’ve been using it for many years. One of those years, I was a senior in high school with 3 P.E. (Physical Education) classes. The coaches didn’t allow us to use the showers after class because those were for the other kids doing actual sports. That meant that I’d show up to my next class super sweaty. But somehow, my foundation wouldn’t budge, & so kids would always ask how my makeup was still so perfect even after running laps around the school in the brutal Texas heat.

What I do is I apply this foundation with my fingers. No beauty blender or brush. I just blend it in. Then I set it with covergirl’s trublend pressed powder #1. To give my face a little more color, I go over my neck, forehead, chin, & nose with the covergirl trublend pressed powder #4. Then I add some blush to add even more color/depth.

I’m sure there are other powders you can set it with, but these seem to work for me without getting too oily throughout the day or being too cakey. It actually looks very natural.

Pros:
Lasts all day (I mean ALL day)
Full coverage
Easy to apply & blend
Not thick & cakey
Good for oily or combo skin
Good for sensitive skin
Good price

Cons:
Each bottle starts out being more liquidy/runny the first few uses - I recommend shaking well before the first few uses
To get the most use out of it, I also recommend leaving it upside down wherever you keep your makeup

on 4/4/2018 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Lately almost everything, including my ride or die bb cream has been breaking me out or irritating me. I decided to try this on a whim since it was only $6. I specifically wanted something lightweight, light coverage (but it's buildable to medium), and water based. This just works. The matte version I have doesn't have any scent and isn't so mattifying that I look like a caked up raisin. It leaves a smooth natural finish and evens oit my skin tone. It legit looks like I have no foundation on. I have sensitive, rosacea and eczema prone skin amd this doesn't irritate it. I'm ~ NC20 and 535 Buff Beige matches pretty well

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this foundation! Haven't tried drugstore in years because they never really worked for me, broke me out or I couldn't find my match. I stuck to Urban Decay Naked Skin for years.

Then I stumbled upon a peronal blog by a gorgeous girl I know and she recommended this foundation and said she's been using it for years. Next time I was at CVS, I thought, why not try it? It was about $7 and I could always return it.

My skin: Break out prone, clog prone, sensitive, oily in t zone and kinda dry everywhere else. I'm on Retin A now, beginning stages so it's totally out of whack at the moment.

This foundation applies beautifully. I always apply with clean fingers and blend it. Medium coverage, looks very natural. Lasts a good amount of time on me as well, 8+ hours before shine shows through and I don't even apply powder over it. All in all, I'm so happy I took the advice of that awesome girl!

One negative thing is the bottle. It needs a pump. Currently I use a q tip to scoop some out. But that's the only thing I can think of to complain about. Another thing I'm worried about is breakouts, since my skin breaks out from EVERYTHING, no joke. So far, so good *knocks on wood*

Will update if anything changes!!

Update: 11/6/17 Wow! Had to update this after a couple of months and upgrade to five lippies. This foundation is amazing!! Since I started wearing this foundation, my skin has cleared up a lot. I wore Urban Decay Naked Skin for years and always had little bumps but nothing too crazy but since only using this, the bumps are gone. Can't believe I like this foundation sooo much better! That's about $32 savings for me :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love this foundation. I have a few different brands of foundations for a couple different skin type combinations, but I find myself reaching for this one more often than not.

Recently, my skin has been much more on the oily side, and despite my best efforts, I look very shiny by the end of the day. Saw a YouTube video and the girl recommended this foundation. Went to my local drug store and found it on sale. I have another foundation by CoverGirl and the colour names are the same across the brand (best thing ever!!) so I picked myself up a bottle and zipped home to test it.

My face starts matte, and by the end of a 15+ hour day, it's more of a dewy finish, but that is a far cry from oily! It is buildable, but one application does the trick. I still do need concealer for the circles under my eyes, but that's a constant requirement for me.

No scent, creamy liquid consistency, lots of applications in the bottle and regular sales on this stuff in stores.

Only downside is that this bottle does not have a pump and the foundation doesn't like to come out on its own. I end up shaking the bottle upside down for a moment, taking the lid off and scooping out a small amount with the end of a Q tip and put it on the back of my hand. I apply with a makeup brush, but have used a beauty blender and it has worked out nicely too.

Have repurchased. Will continue to repurchase.

I have combo skin and this just did work for me. It supposed to be clean feeling and help with oily skin but I did not find it did either of those things. It never really dried down and left my skin looking very wet and sticky. As for the color, I find the oily range to always go orange on me no matter what color I try to use. The clean foundation for normal skin works 100 times better for me.

on 8/28/2016 6:07:00 PM

I have the shade 105 Classic Ivory and oily - combination - acne prone skin

Pros:
Matte finish
Lasts a long time
Blends easily
Good price + availability
Covers acne well

Cons:
The products is hard to get out of the bottle, or way too much comes out at once.
The shade is on the pink side and doesn't quite match my neutral skin.
Smells strongly
Sometimes clings to dry spots around acne

If you think this foundation will help you control the oil on your face, think again. This foundation goes on pretty normal coverage but dries very cakey if you don't put only a very small amount on. I'm still in school and this foundation lasts 3 out of the 6 hours I'm there and then shows my oil the rest of the day. The packaging is dumb like really a glass bottle who is that good for? When I run out of it I'm not buying this foundation again. I don't know about the other options of this foundation like not the oily skin version but this one is terrible for oily skin and combination skin like mine.

I bought this product for the first time to use in a production that I was in. It was long lasting, had nice coverage, and it didn't break me out. It was very hard to get out of the bottle, but I chose to credit that to the fact it was being stored in a cold and damp dressing room. I decided to repurchase, and it is still impossible to get out of the bottle. I can really only put on minimal amounts, and it feels very cakey on my skin. If this came with a pump, I might be able to reevaluate this product, since it kept my skin pretty clear. However, until then I won't be repurchasing because it is just too much of a hassle to use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so disappointed with this foundation.
It was recommended to me to control oil on my skin, and boy did it do the complete opposite. I was looking for a replacement foundation for less money (I usually use Kat Von D's Lock-It Liquid Foundation) and thought this might be a good alternative.
When I tried to apply this foundation, it was streaky and did not blend nicely. The shade matched my skin tone well, I will say that, but after only 2 hours of sitting at home doing nothing, my face was shine central. I repowdered it, and an hour later I was shiny again. I had high hopes for this product after reading reviews but it did not work for me at all.

The bottle is also an inconvenient shape and it is very difficult to get the product out of the bottle. I would recommend this foundation to someone looking for light coverage with combination skin, but for us full coverage seeking, oily skinned gals, do not use this!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This foundation is so bad I want to slap myself silly for having bought it. I just always saw it in the store and decided to try it -shame on me.
I got the shade 'Soft Honey' because all the other ones looked too pink. I have very yellow undertones. The entire shade selection sucks. This turns orange so bad. It looks really harsh in natural lighting. So embarrassing.
The finish is sort of matte but it doesn't control oil well at all. Coverage is really light & it's just impossible to build up especially when it oxidizes into that horrible orange hue.
I wouldn't even recommend this to beginners. There are a lot of better options at the drugstore like Maybelline's Fit Me matte + poreless foundation. That one is around the same price and is a lot better.
I just don't know why I even wanted to try this. All my experiences with covergirl foundations have left me very disappointed. If you're thinking of purchasing this please skip it. You'd be very lucky if this foundation works for you. This was a straight up miss for me.