Kérastase Ciment Anti-Usure

Kérastase Ciment Anti-Usure
Ciment Anti-UsureCiment Anti-UsureCiment Anti-UsureKerastase Resistance - Ciment Anti-Usure

2014 Ciment Cylane Advance: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-180, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Amodimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Hydroxyethylcellulose , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Citric Acid, Arginine, Glutamic Acid, Trideceth-6, Limonene, Linalool, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Hydroxycitronellal, Serine, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dodecane, Polaxamer 407. Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Otcadecanediol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzl Salicylate, Parfum/Fragrance C162466/2 2012-2014 Ciment Cylane Complex: AQUA, CETERAYL ALCOHOL, AMINOPROPYL TRIETHOXYSILANE, POLYQUATERNUIM-37, PEG-150/STEARYL ALCOHOL/SMDI COPOLYMER, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, LACTIC ACID, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, MALTODEXTRIN, PPG-1TRIDECETH-6, ARGININE, GLUTAMIC ACID, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SERINE, HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, GERANIOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZL SALICYLATE, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OTCADECANEDIOL, CI 19140/YELLOW5, CI 42090/BLUE , PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, C48150/1.OLD FORMULA: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-180, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lanolin, Laurylmethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Esters, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lactic Acid, Quaternium-87, 2-Oleamido-1,3, Octadecanediol, Tricontanyl PVP, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 6/10/2018 11:23:00 AM

Just want to clarify my stance over repurchasing this - I would, provided my hair is bleached and/or very damaged, but as my hair is no longer coloured I don't use it any more.

Around 5 years ago, I had my hair lightened from my natural level 4 dark brown to a level 8 honey blonde at a hair salon apparently specialising in colour services. In fairness, the colour ended up lovely but as my hair is fine, it ended up brittle and damaged. I was always careful to have my roots done at a salon, avoided heat and hot styling tools as much as I could (just blowdrying my fringe straight only), used protein treatments and deep conditioning - but it was to no avail, when my hair was wet it was stretchy and a little gummy, i.e. beyond saving.

I went to a different salon wanting to return to my natural colour, and this was the conditioner used after dyeing it. The stylist strongly recommended I use it at home so I bought it alongside the corresponding shampoo, though my bank balance didn't thank me for it. Anyway, this wasn't a miracle worker but given the level of damage in my hair I knew I had to be realistic about my expectations. It was dry, straw-like and frazzled at the ends with little natural shine or lustre left. This conditioner made it so that instead of snapping half my hair off brushing it, the brush was able to detangle and neaten my hair with ~80% less breakage. It was also more manageable putting it into styles like plaits, ponytail etc. I didn't notice much effect in the way of restoring shine, and as my hair grew there was a noticeable boundary between dyed and natural hair because my natural hair was shiny and the damaged hair wasn't even though the colour match was very close.

It is expensive so after I ran out of the first bottle, I bought a cheaper conditioner for damaged hair but it wasn't even close. I also tried coconut oil overnight masks and as a leave-in conditioner on the ends, no joy there either. I bought this stuff again and after the first use the difference in manageability was obvious. I continued to use this until the last parts of bleached hair were cut off, around a year for shoulder-length natural hair.

If your hair is not damaged, you won't really see any benefits. On the healthier parts of my hair, it did nothing to boost glossiness or smoothness and considering its price, that's a lot of money to drop on a conditioner with minimal visible effects. However, for damaged hair, this is amazing helping to manage it until you can cut all of the damaged parts off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used to use this conditioner with Bain de force shampoo but somehow it didn’t leave much of an impression on me that I stopped using it. The Bain de force shampoo was like clarifying shampoo, left my hair clean. I liked it but not enough for the price as joico does the same thing too for less. Didn’t see any strengthening on my damaged color treated hair. Then recently I used the conditioner again with a L’Oreal anti hair fall shampoo and I put on my cheap garnier sleek serum on my toweled dried hair and to my surprise I had a very good hair day, this lasted for 5 days (I mean I could’ve washed my hair again on day 3 or 4 like per usual but it wasn’t unbearable enough and I’ve been busy with work). My hair is much less frizzy and the conditioner felt light too which is strange as I used a heavier conditioner or mask and my hair was still frizz city after fully dry (even after I put on anti-freeze serum). So this is the only thing I’ve changed. I haven’t tried it without anti frizz serum to see if it does the job on its own. But so far so good.

Update 2-1-18
I’m sold. I’ve used this without even using hair serum and my hair still looks glossy without frizz! I’ve been using it with a cheap drugstore L’Oréal anti hair fall shampoo and it works well. Btw I'm reviewing the old formulation (picture with 1L bottle) - 5 out of 5.

Formula bought in January 2018: Aqua / Water - Behentrimonium Chloride - Cetearyl Alcohol - Cetyl Esters - Peg-180 - Isononyl Isononanoate - Elaeis Guineensis Oil / Palm Oil - Isopropyl Alcohol - Methylparaben - Hydroxyethylcellulose - 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol - Bht - Chlorhexidine Digluconate - Butylphenyl Methylpropional - Amyl Cinnamal - Benzyl Alcohol - Citric Acid - Hexyl Cinnamal - Linalool - Benzyl Salicylate - Glycerin - Trehalose - Tamarindus Indica Seed Polysaccharide - Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 - Ci 42090 / Blue 1 - Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf Extract - Parfum / Fragrance
This new formulation is nowhere as good as the old one, hence knocking off the lippies, won't repurchase the newer version, not worth the money.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love the leave-in heat protectant that you put in after you towel dry your hair. HATE the conditioner; does not do anything for me. Would re-purchase the former, but not the latter.

on 3/22/2015 3:21:00 AM

I bought this together with the matching shampoo because I love the ciment thermique and my hair was breaking off. I got the liter size in the shampoo and the 200 ml conditioner from Nordstrom Rack but still was regular price ... no savings :(. The shampoo felt great, moisturizing (the silicone in it) so I didn't need a lot of conditioner and lasted me around 2-3 weeks. I won't buy again because I still had breakage even after I finished the conditioner bottle (still have the shampoo). I guess I had too much protein and switched to a moisturizing hydrating combo. The smell is divine though and I do recommend it if you need protein...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

HG conditioner for my highlighted blonde, fine, weak, long hair.
The first thing I will say about this product is that if your hair is not severely damaged, weakened or prone to damage you will not see any benefit using this product.
It does not make your hair feel silky and smooth after use, but it does make my hair stronger and less prone to breakage.
Also this is not a 'everytime I wash' conditioner either. I usually wash my hair every 3 days and I use this product as conditioner for two washes and then switch to a moisturising treatment the 3rd time I wash my hair. If I follow that routine and I find I don't have any issues with dryness or overuse of protein.

on 10/2/2012 6:46:00 AM

My hairdresser recommended this stuff for my long, fine, colour-treated hair. Frankly, I think it's rubbish, and I'm only using it up because it cost a fortune. I can't even get a comb through my hair after I use it. Bring back drugstore conditioner, all is forgiven! Never again.

I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny.
I don't understand why kerastase is so popular. It all seems so overpriced and average. Granted it smells sooo good, but that's really it. The cap is so annoying to take on and off. It's soo expensive and I've tried much better drugstore products.
My hair is kind of dry because I used to heat style every day. After a few weeks of using this I did notice that the heat damage had been repaired, but that's really it. I finished it up but it's so expensive. I'm only 16, so I can't afford to replace this over and over again. I've found better products for $30 less, and since the heat damage is gone, this has been rendered completely unnecessary. I'll go back to drugstore brands that work just as well, thank you very much.

on 7/17/2012 11:10:00 AM

I was recommended this by my hairdresser about 4 years ago and use it in combination with Bain de Force. I only use them a couple of times a week as they are super pricey so I alternate them with my usual (cheap) shampoo and conditioner and use a masque (Volumactif) once a week. I have fine hair that has highlights so it is prone to tangling and often looks flat as it is very thin. This product almost guarantees me a good hair day! It makes my hair really glossy and soft and it stays in style without going frizzy. It smells delicious and I don't know what I would do without it. I just wish it had a flip top lid though!

I know there are many people who swear by Kerastase products, but I don't get the hype. My hairdresser harped on me for years before I finally broke down and tried them. I have dry, coarse hair and damage from heat styling, so I alternated between the Bain de Force/Ciment Anti-Usure (to repair) and the Bain Satin 2/Masquintense (for moisture/deep conditioning), plus the Nectar Thermique before heat styling. After a few weeks the condition of my hair was worse. It felt dry, looked dry, and had more split ends than before. My hairdresser suggested that I switch to the Bain Nutri-Thermique and Fondant Nutri-Thermique, plus the Masquintense for deep conditioning. The results with that combination are a little bit better, but I'm still not sure it's worth all the hype.

Since this review is specifically for the Ciment Anti-Usure, I'll take a moment to review that. The consistency was very runny, and it did not detangle or add shine or moisture. I realize that it's supposed to repair, and not necessarily detangle or moisturize, but a product that does all of those things (or any one of those things!) would work better for me. I definitely won't repurchase.

on 6/20/2012 6:57:00 PM

The old formula was amazing. The new one is thin and not nearly as effective, not even close. I don't know why they changed from the former (most recent) formula, it was wonderful. It left the hair soft but still with volume, knot-free and stronger. This new one is not as creamy, does not leave the hair silky/shiny, does not make the hair easy to comb through, ick! They are a great company otherwise. Very disappointed I was a loyal user and consumer for years.