Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

This concealer has great coverage, but that doesn't make up for it's major flaws. The first one being that it is VERY drying. I have no idea why this is recommended for people with dry skin. It feels very smooth and creamy upon application but then becomes so dry and cakey. The second issue with this concealer is that is tends to be ashy. I have pale skin, and the few shades that seemingly would work on me end up drying with an ashy look. This concealer may work well on some skin types but I really would not recommend to people with dry skin.

I got this concealer as a sample size from estee lauder. I would say I will not purchase it in full size at all. When I first put on my undereye, forehead and cheeks where the redness areas are, it feels fine. But when I looked myself in the mirror a few hours later, my whole face was drying. It looked so terrible that I can see my skin peels off with the dried concealer. It feels like my skin is cracking! That makes me face look so terrible and dry. Not only didn't it cover my flaws, but also showed all of my pores on my face. I am not into this product!

Such a good concealer! Covers well, looks natural, doesn't crease and lasts all day!

I have repurchased this so many times. It works well as an addition to foundation, as as a stand alone to cancel out redness.
It is expensive, especially for how much product you get but one tube lasts me around three months, as it is very high coverage and you only need a small amount. In my opinion it is worth the price.
Very long wearing, and looks very skin-like when worn alone and blended into the skin. Fairly transfer proof, especially when set with a powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best. I have very red skin and after finding this I will probably never buy another concealer.
I don't like it with the double wear foundation tho :/

I love how this concealer stays on my face all day without melting or getting cakey but I think it is a bit heavy for younger faces.I don't have a big problem with dark circles,I only have "bags" under my eyes if I don't sleep well,so I believe a concealer with so big coverage and so heavy is not needed and the truth is that if you use a heavy concealer if you are under thirty and with no big problems of dark circles,you achieve the opposite result of looking fresh and vibrant.

Fantastic concealer! For once, there is a concealer that matches my skin tone. I use the concealer to cover a small scar on my neck and the occasional zits I get around my chin and neckline, so the color cannot stand out from my neck. I use the concealer in Light 1C. For reference, I'm 1N1 in Estee Lauder's foundations, NC15 and 0 in Sisley.

The concealer is liquid, but it's surprisingly long-lasting. I've tried many concealers, but the redness of my scar starts to show at some point during the day. However, Double Wear actually hides the scar for 10 hours. It also doesn't transfer, so you can wear white shirts without worrying about stains. You can build the color to get better coverage, DW covers my red scar well. Once you have applied the concealer to skin, it blends and settles fast.

You can use this concealer for covering dark circles, but I don't (I use Cle de Peau around eyes). The main reason is hygiene. I have to admit that I sometimes apply the concealer to my zits with the brush, so I wouldn't be comfortable using the same concealer near my eyes. The brush packaging is a bit of a dilemma. It's not very hygienic, but if you use it, applying concealer is very fast.

All in all, I love this concealer. If you find a color match, the concealer will deliver!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in warm/medium 3W. It doesn't wow me. It's good packaging because I like concealer that applies on a spatula rather than finger/brush. But I find it hard to blend because it moves too much as opposed to sinking into the skin. Now I do have some lines around my eyes and this does crease, possibly because it dries hard & fast and think a concealer with more slip & moisture tends to not crease as badly. So you don't have a huge amount of work time with this. It's not a bad price (£20 approx) for the amount you get & it being an Estée Lauder product but I consider there are better concealer out there, I'd probably say the collection 2000 long lasting one is better, not because it's cheaper but just easier to work with. The EL in 3W is very yellow which would normally be a win for me but I think like the foundations, their interpretation of yellow isn't great. They don't do it well, not enough warmth to it, I prefer yellows to be warmer & golden. The staying power of this isn't 15hr either. It may stay on the skin that long but it doesn't conceal for the same amount of time. Tends to sheer off. I have dark blue tones in the inner corners of my eyes and the skin is ultra thin. After approx 4 hrs this starts to show the darkness. My skin is very oily there too and this concealer slides. So no, won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sat in all my wrinkles

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I don't know why I never hear people rave about this. It is beautiful! I love DW foundation so of course I would try the corresponding concealer. Goes on thick an opaque, covers and hilights under eye and sets well with powder. I will purchase this again and again...