Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

Fantastic concealer! For once, there is a concealer that matches my skin tone. I use the concealer to cover a small scar on my neck and the occasional zits I get around my chin and neckline, so the color cannot stand out from my neck. I use the concealer in Light 1C. For reference, I'm 1N1 in Estee Lauder's foundations, NC15 and 0 in Sisley.

The concealer is liquid, but it's surprisingly long-lasting. I've tried many concealers, but the redness of my scar starts to show at some point during the day. However, Double Wear actually hides the scar for 10 hours. It also doesn't transfer, so you can wear white shirts without worrying about stains. You can build the color to get better coverage, DW covers my red scar well. Once you have applied the concealer to skin, it blends and settles fast.

You can use this concealer for covering dark circles, but I don't (I use Cle de Peau around eyes). The main reason is hygiene. I have to admit that I sometimes apply the concealer to my zits with the brush, so I wouldn't be comfortable using the same concealer near my eyes. The brush packaging is a bit of a dilemma. It's not very hygienic, but if you use it, applying concealer is very fast.

All in all, I love this concealer. If you find a color match, the concealer will deliver!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in warm/medium 3W. It doesn't wow me. It's good packaging because I like concealer that applies on a spatula rather than finger/brush. But I find it hard to blend because it moves too much as opposed to sinking into the skin. Now I do have some lines around my eyes and this does crease, possibly because it dries hard & fast and think a concealer with more slip & moisture tends to not crease as badly. So you don't have a huge amount of work time with this. It's not a bad price (£20 approx) for the amount you get & it being an Estée Lauder product but I consider there are better concealer out there, I'd probably say the collection 2000 long lasting one is better, not because it's cheaper but just easier to work with. The EL in 3W is very yellow which would normally be a win for me but I think like the foundations, their interpretation of yellow isn't great. They don't do it well, not enough warmth to it, I prefer yellows to be warmer & golden. The staying power of this isn't 15hr either. It may stay on the skin that long but it doesn't conceal for the same amount of time. Tends to sheer off. I have dark blue tones in the inner corners of my eyes and the skin is ultra thin. After approx 4 hrs this starts to show the darkness. My skin is very oily there too and this concealer slides. So no, won't repurchase.

To Read all 514 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sat in all my wrinkles

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I don't know why I never hear people rave about this. It is beautiful! I love DW foundation so of course I would try the corresponding concealer. Goes on thick an opaque, covers and hilights under eye and sets well with powder. I will purchase this again and again...

Amazing! Doesn't crease and covers my dark circles. I have tried them all and this is the only one that works. Also, doesn't need setting

HG Concealer, and the only concealer I've purchased more than once! I'm extremely dry in my inner corners and underneath my eyes (even after using eye cream), and couldn't use the/everyone's beloved NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer, or any other "famous" Concealer, because they just stayed on top of my skin, and never blended in - even with pouncing my BB in with MAC Fix +! With this Concealer, I put a few dots on the inner corners, and 1-2 dots on my undereyes, and this blends in like a dream, and covers my dark circles! I always like to try new Concealers, but always go back to this one being my tried and true!

Due to the glowing reviews here in MakeupAlley and from an oily skinned YouTuber in the US, I was so excited to try these concealers. I got two in the shade: Light and Light Medium. I have tried it for 2 weeks now and I must say they are the WORST concealers I have ever tried these days (not since my high school days). Every single time I try to use it, even after moisturizing, priming my face and eye serum, this concealer manage to crease under my eyes! Light is very fair for my skin (NC35) and Light Medium is not suitable for Asian skintone (too peachy/pink undertone!) Nowadays I keep on coming back to my high coverage Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealers, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers (medium coverage) and Maybelline FIT ME concealers (light/medium coverage). I live in tropical climate and have fine lines under my eyes. No wonder this product are not sold in my country! I also hated the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.. It is too drying for my oily/combination skin.. Sinked in and emphasized my skin lines and cracks on my dry spots.. Yikes! Not recommended.

Love this concealer, medium to high coverage and long staying power. How i use it is by applying on my face directly with the brush and allow it to set awhile before blending it.

Is one of my holy grail concealer now. 😍

favourite one yet

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

best concealer ever. It covers amazing the dark circles that I have and it doesn't sit in my fine lines or wears off unless I remove it. It has a slightly peachy undertone which is why it's perfect for dark circles and not incredibly amazing with imperfections. Packaging is good but I don't recommend to use the applicator directly if you want to cover any blemishes because it will transfer germs to the product or to the rest of your face.