The Body Shop Japanese Washing Grain

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Works well enough as a scrub. I mixed it with my cleanser so it sticks to my face, otherwise it is all over the place. I think it was clogging my sink up a bit too. Bobbi Brown has a version that sells for $50. Perhaps it is milled finer than this one. It is too fussy for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It gave me a bad breakout and I thought it was too coarse.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

Works great on my skin. It is the perfect scrub for the face. Can use it alone or mix it in with a regular face wash. Smells a little funny though, so I took off one lippie. I wish it smelled pretty, like lavender or something.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The worst exfoliant I've ever used!!! Hate the smell & rough particles too!!! Its too dry for my skin despite reassurance from the SA at The Body Shop. I developed an allergy too!!!

Anyone out there who is considering this should check out Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant instead which I remember is also rice grain. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really did like this product but it was to rough on my skin. I ended up using it on my body. Nice clean feel afterwards.

Any idea where i can buy this product again?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff...it smells not THAT great but i think this is the only product that ever helped get rid of blackheads for real...nice scrub, not too harsh not too gentle..but i haven't seen it around in awhile...they might have stopped selling it!
Oh well, still the best exfoliator i ever used.

I ADORE this and will work to find it, as it's becoming scarce in the US. I find the grains, made from Azuki beans, to be wonderful as a daily scrub. Very gentle and non-abrasive with great cleansing power. I even like the scent, which leaves no doubt that this is indeed made from real ground beans. I have used it on its own, mixed into creamy cleansers, and mixed into shower gels for an all-over body exfoliation. Love it, love it. I do wish the packaging was a bit better, as the top can get dusty if kept dry and very icky if allowed to get wet. But the wonderful product is worth the packaging. Highly recommended.

Didn't like the packaging too much as it gets 'dusty' after a while. I used this together with massage cream and it brightens up my skin. THough using it almost every day , it didn't cause any breakout. Effective as a scrub.

Popular Face Skincare Products