OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.7

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

To be honest with you, I don't really think base Coats really range in quality. I think the topcoat is what really makes the difference in how long polish lasts. I'd always make sure to wear a base coat though to prevent staining and so ur polish has a base.

on 4/21/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product on Amazon because it came in a bundle with OPI top coat and base coat. Compared to Essie's base coat, this stinks. It's very thin and does not protect your natural nail. My nails stained.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/24/2016 12:00:00 PM

I have no use for this base coat. It is a fine, very basic product. I suppose it puts a layer between your nail and color but that's it. I used Essie's base coat before and LOVED it. I couldn't find it in a pinch and got this about 6 months ago. If it cost $1.99 I wouldn't knock it so much but it is high-priced with very little value. There is absolutely NO ridge-filling at all. Not that it is supposed to fill ridges but just saying that every ridge will absolutely show. It did not prevent staining when wearing dark polish.
There is nothing horrible about this product. There is also nothing great about this product. It is "meh" and costs a lot for something "meh". DIsappointed.

on 12/10/2015 2:16:00 AM

I have finished the bottle and have to say in retrospect this is a great little Basecoat. While I was using it I didn't think it did that much, but it did. Firstly it have me 67 manis (yes, OCD me keeps a count of the number of uses per product) which is about double any other Basecoat gave me. It prevented staining, the new nail growth was not stained and remained that way until I finished this Basecoat and changed products, and the bottle was useable until the last drop with only 1 or 2 additions of OPI thinner to the very end. At the time i didn't think it was anything special but now that I've moved to another product I realise what a gem it is.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I never have much to say about base coats, my focus is always on my polish and top coat.
I do think this base coat is alright. I've found my polish takes longer to chip with it but I do get tip wear after a day. I used it on my friend who's a welder and used her hands a lot. It took a week before she had any major chips and before I started using it her polish would only last two days
It doesn't prevent staining which is a shame. If I wear certain polishes my nails pick up a weird yellow tinge when I remove them.
Someone else said their polish streaks when applying it over this base but I find that I need to leave the base to dry for a bit before applying my polish.

I don't really have any opinion on this base coat besides that, as I've only ever used opi nail envy and this base coat

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this basecoat! I am using this one for years now, and I have obviously repurchased it multiple times. The substance is very thin - which I like for a basecoat - and there is no staining at all, in contrast to other reviews I see here. The only downside is that it's too thin to wear it on it's own; it won't last long without another coat of colour or top.

on 3/14/2015 7:33:00 PM

I was really disappointed in this product. I got it hoping it would help prevent staining from a teal nail polish I'd bought, but it didn't. The staining was just as bad as without. So I decided to try it just as a regular base coat in the hopes it would make my manicure last longer. It didn't. What's worse is it made painting my nails much harder than usual. The polish went on streaky, and these were polishes I'd used recently without this base and without streaking.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like I have seen on other reviews this stains my nails also! I had no idea as to why my nails were getting stained. I thought I was doing the right thing by using a base coat...well, after using the OPI natural nail base coat they were always stained! I tried a different base coat and voila, no staining. I am so disappointed as I love OPI top coat and their polishes are the best! Stay away from this base coat :(

on 1/3/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is a pretty decent base coat. I do not necessarily think that this makes my nail polish last forever, but it does help fill in ridges in my nail bed. I do not think this product is essential, but it is nice to have around to get a smoother finish.

on 9/8/2014 1:17:00 AM

I love this base coat. The large brush makes it easy to apply in 1-2 swipes and it protects my nails from staining. I'm surprised to hear others have had problems with staining, not sure why? I ran put of this recently and bought the orly base coat because the shops had run out of the opi one... It's pretty good too but I still prefer my opi.