3.7

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've used this basecoat for a long time now, and don't plan on using a different one any time soon. This is a good product, it does the job that it needs to do - and I do think this performs better than cheaper basecoats I have tried in the past. It has a thin formula which is easy to apply and dries fairly quickly. It prevents my nails from draining, doesn't cause my polish to peel or flake off and keeps my manicures on my nails for a decent amount of time. When I use this base coat, my nails are protected from staining - even when I wear very dark nail polish. This is a good base coat - it's not fancy and has no bells and whistles but it is what it needs to be. I really like it and will continue to use it until my bottle is empty. I would likely repurchase this in the future - if I were to try a different basecoat it would be an Essie one, but this OPI basecoat has really shown me why a good quality basecoat is an important step in a nail routine.

on 5/3/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dont know if its the same product but im reviewing for opi natural nail base coat in a clear mini glass bottle. Its a good base coat that does its job well in providing a base coat for your nail polishes. It has a glossy finish, and doesnt chip off easily. I love it.

Meh. Basic, no frills base coat to prep the nailbed for polish. Not a ridge filler, not a peel-off for glitter or textured polish, not even particularly chip-resistant, not stain proof. You can do a lot better than this for $10.

To be honest with you, I don't really think base Coats really range in quality. I think the topcoat is what really makes the difference in how long polish lasts. I'd always make sure to wear a base coat though to prevent staining and so ur polish has a base.

on 4/21/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product on Amazon because it came in a bundle with OPI top coat and base coat. Compared to Essie's base coat, this stinks. It's very thin and does not protect your natural nail. My nails stained.

on 8/21/2016 2:24:00 PM

It's a great product but it works more as a peel off base coat because my mani doesn't last more than 48 hours with this base coat. It makes me really sad because I have to keep wasting my polish on a product that won't last like it should. Very disappointed.

on 12/10/2015 2:16:00 AM

I have finished the bottle and have to say in retrospect this is a great little Basecoat. While I was using it I didn't think it did that much, but it did. Firstly it have me 67 manis (yes, OCD me keeps a count of the number of uses per product) which is about double any other Basecoat gave me. It prevented staining, the new nail growth was not stained and remained that way until I finished this Basecoat and changed products, and the bottle was useable until the last drop with only 1 or 2 additions of OPI thinner to the very end. At the time i didn't think it was anything special but now that I've moved to another product I realise what a gem it is.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this basecoat! I am using this one for years now, and I have obviously repurchased it multiple times. The substance is very thin - which I like for a basecoat - and there is no staining at all, in contrast to other reviews I see here. The only downside is that it's too thin to wear it on it's own; it won't last long without another coat of colour or top.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have no use for this base coat. It is a fine, very basic product. I suppose it puts a layer between your nail and color but that's it. I used Essie's base coat before and LOVED it. I couldn't find it in a pinch and got this about 6 months ago. If it cost $1.99 I wouldn't knock it so much but it is high-priced with very little value. There is absolutely NO ridge-filling at all. Not that it is supposed to fill ridges but just saying that every ridge will absolutely show. It did not prevent staining when wearing dark polish.
There is nothing horrible about this product. There is also nothing great about this product. It is "meh" and costs a lot for something "meh". DIsappointed.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I never have much to say about base coats, my focus is always on my polish and top coat.
I do think this base coat is alright. I've found my polish takes longer to chip with it but I do get tip wear after a day. I used it on my friend who's a welder and used her hands a lot. It took a week before she had any major chips and before I started using it her polish would only last two days
It doesn't prevent staining which is a shame. If I wear certain polishes my nails pick up a weird yellow tinge when I remove them.
Someone else said their polish streaks when applying it over this base but I find that I need to leave the base to dry for a bit before applying my polish.

I don't really have any opinion on this base coat besides that, as I've only ever used opi nail envy and this base coat