Avon Far Away

Avon Far Away

3.6

I do not like . it has an overpowering smell ,also the coconut notes is not for my
taste at all

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like Far Away and it really works remarkably well on my skin. It begins by smelling like a bubblegum vanilla musk and dries down to a cotton vanilla musk on my skin. It is beautiful and addicting -when I can actually smell it. I am not having the same experience as other reviewers. It is not strong at all. I wore 6 or 7 spritzes today and people could barely smell it (I asked) including me! What we could smell was absolutely gorgeous. All the notes listed make an appearance. But they are fleeting so it just makes me want MORE. Granted I paid $9.99 Canadian so it is very affordable. But reviews led me to expect a strong, lasting fragrance so I am a little disappointed. Having said that, not as disappointed as I've been recently with designer and niche fragrances costing 15-20x as much that barely last 45 minutes. I think the bottle is cute and it's so affordable. I'll use this bottle up and I'm certain I will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Cute bottle reminds of the 80s or something retro.
Scent wise I am not a fan in the least.
Not terrible but not for me.

on 11/30/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this back in the 90s..when I had gotten my first Avon brochure.....I remember I had gotten a sample of it and me and my friend loved it and couldn't stop smelling it...years later, I still love it. It's a warm, sensual scent....you only need a little! One spray and it lasts longer than perfume ten times the price. I have repurchased many times.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this fragrance! A true classic.

on 4/5/2015 3:46:00 PM

I repurchased this quite few times over the past 5 years. While wearing it, I recieved maybe 2 compliments. So last year, I went on a high end fragrance hunt. I thought perhaps I had bad taste in fragrance, as my Avon fragrances never got complimented.
Well lots of money later, I learned a few lessons. First many women do not compliment another women even if they like something she is wearing!
So needing to restock my fragrance supply, I considered returning yo Avon for daily wear. I teach and go through a bottle of fragrabce1.7 oz in about 2 months. I know the ladies here recognize how that can add up.

If you enjoy vanilla, which I love, it is a good option. Not sure if I will buy again?
Avon recommendations : Rare Gold

Edit : 6/2015
Ok I hope I can explain my reasoning, where it makes sense...
As a teacher, with 2 teen daughters, fragrance had become a large expense. We all love to wear and carry fragrance, so we go through it quickly.
In the spring, I was trying to use up old bottles of almost empty scents to clean out. I found that I got quite a few compliments on Far Away. So checking Avon.com, I found it at 9.99 a bottle, then I located a 20% coupon. This made it a deal I could not pass up. I purchased 4 bottles.
Is it my favorite, my signature, no...but it is unique, long lasting, and let's me put money into the more pressing areas of the budget!
I still will purchase bottles of High end scents, but they will not be for everyday use...
Faraway is a nice, daily, scent they smells much more expensive than it is:-)

on 1/30/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this when it 1st came out...I loved how it smelled. The main notes I pick up is the sandalwood,musk,amber,faint vanilla & ylang-ylang. I know some people say they smell coconut but not me lol not even a hint of it!!

I liked it a lot and it had really good staying power but over time I got sick of it. I used it up and never repurchased it.

on 1/8/2015 8:48:00 PM

I have the roll on purse concentrate and the pulse point roll on that resembles lip balm. I do not have the edp spray. To my nose this reminds me of bounce sheets . It really smells like clean clothes. I am going to try the lotion and see if it has less of a bounce chemical smell.

on 12/18/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Mmmm smells great like more on the sophisticated side and very feminine as well

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't been able to get this in a long time now, but if you can I would hoard it away for years to come! Scent is hard to describe but I always loved it. It had an almost 'spiritual' feel about it. It is not like you'd expect a regular typical perfume to smell. Would highly recommend. Avon is not typically something that I go out of my way for, but that scent... well worth it.

Popular Fragrances