L'Oreal Glass Shine in Crystal Sparkle

No Image

3.5

on 1/4/2005 10:53:00 PM

This is my absolutely FAVORITE lipgloss. I tend to get that white line on the inside of my lips when a product contains too much petroleum and this one seems to contain none at all. There is NEVER a white line even after (no kidding) 4 hours of wear. It doesn't tend to last longer than that. It's not heavy at all I think that's why the staying power is reduced. It has a bit of 'simple girl' sparkle that just makes my lips stand out. I can't find this product anywhere anymore. I think colour juice took it's place, but if anyone has any suggestions please e mail me!! I'm desperate.

on 6/26/2003 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great gloss that goes especially well over lipstick and gives a great sparkly-shine to your lips. However there are two downsides. Firstly the packaging isn't designed too well because when you squeeze some gloss out, it keeps on comming out so u have to shove the lid back on it quickly. And secondly it can get quite stickey when you out too much of it on your lips. So BEWARE!

on 6/2/2003 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

don't really like the packing but i got this on sale 75% off! so it was only $1.99! i LOVE the way it feels. not too sticky, not too glossy, not too runny. the perfect amount of shimmer. this is a great product!

on 5/29/2003 9:32:00 AM

For the price, this is a great lip gloss. It has good lasting power, much better than other glosses in the same price range. The first tube I bought did give me a lot of trouble with oozing, but I recently bought another and the tube has been redesigned with a much smaller opening. The oozing problem seems to be solved. The sparkle in this is great as well, and isn't overwhelming or gritty. I wear it with lipliner or alone and it looks great either way.

on 3/29/2003 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I squeezed this tube out into a smaill screwtop container and apply with a lipbrush. I do like this "color" in particular. I love to wear it at clubs. I line and fill my lips with a lipliner like dark/bright red or hot pink and brush the gloss over it. I find using this over lipstick is quite slippery. This is why I apply it over lipliner.

I love this gloss. It's the perfect shiny clear w/ a hint of sparkly glitter that's not gritty or obvious. It moisturizes and stays for a decent while. The only problem I have with it is the packaging. The stiff metal tubes are hard to control...sometimes gobs ooze out or nothing comes out at all. Plus, it's really hard to get the last bits out.

Eyes: Violet

Too expensive for such a mediocre product! It's very shiny at first, but fades very quickly, leaving the glitter stuck to your lips. In my opinion, the smell of this gloss is disgusting as well. And, as everyone else has mentioned, the packaging is terrible... I think I've wasted at least 1/4 of the tube thanks to the oozing effect. I may use this every now and then over lipstick, but I will not be repurchasing. continued >>

on 2/28/2003 3:12:00 PM

This has the worst packaging of any gloss i've ever bought. It's impossible to just squeeze enough out so that it doesn't go everywhere...then there's the rush to recap it! The second time I tried to apply this stuff 1/3 of it came out! What a waste! Definitly not worth the $7-8 I paid.

on 1/27/2003 11:18:00 PM

This gloss was nice, but had too many negative points. It had no staying power, and kept oozing all over the place, especially if it gets squashed in your bag - ooze alert!!

on 1/27/2003 10:42:00 PM

I received this for free as part of a prize package I won, which has bearing on my review. Crystal Sparkle is a clear gloss with small (but not micro) rainbow glitter that would look lovely over top of lipstick. It provides a high shine, is a lot longer-lasting than I thought it would be, and has a slightly thicker consistency than most drugstore glosses. The smell is fruity but tolerable. But, as everyone else has said, the packaging just bites. At first, I didn't have too many problems with it--I unrolled the end of the tube, squeezed the sides to keep product from spilling out, and recapped the product quickly. Then, after using it a few times, I tried to push some of the gloss further down the tube so it wouldn't spurt out. Big mistake. The next time I opened it, I swear 1/3 of the product in the tube came shooting out. (It was quite comical, as I tried to apply all the gloss so none of it would go to waste.) After you've squeezed the sides to "suck" the product back in a few times, it just doesn't work anymore since the metal tube is irreversibly dented. And these are way overpriced--I think they're about $10 here in Canada. But even if I saw them on sale for $5, I wouldn't buy them, because the mess is just too much of a hassle. I suppose you could empty the tube out into another container, but it's just not worth it for me.