LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo

LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo

3.8

on 1/13/2017 6:06:00 PM

This was okay on my fine, wavy hair. Cleans my hair and rinses out just fine. Doesn't dry out or tangle my hair. You only need a little. It didn't "wow" me though, especially considering it cost $10 for the small 3 ounce bottle. The scent is very strong, cognac, and I also get a patchouli note from this. Some reviewers said they could smell it all day, but I don't think it lingers for too long after your hair is dry. I finished the bottle, but I probably wouldn't buy it again. As far as beer shampoos, I like Orzene better.

I have long, thick, course, curly hair that has been tortured by dyes and heat styling for years....I get greasy roots and dry as straw ends which no shampoo has ever been very good for....until now...I moment I lather this into my hair it feels softer and easy to run my fingers through. My roots are squeaky clean and the rest of my hair is softer and more manageable...I love it so much i use it before and after my deep conditioner (another lush product) and I love how my hair smells like herbal tea for days after. HG status for me

on 9/2/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty good stuff. Cleans better than a sulfate-free but leaves my hair nice and shiny. I use this as my "deep clean" after I've used hairspray and siliconey products for a couple days. I bought it for the lemon tea smell but it definitely is nicer to my hair than other Lush shampoos, which I find generally drying. I use it in conjunction with the fantastic Retread conditioner and my hair is really nice and healthy.

I don't use this every day, or even every wash, but I took off a lippie because it will strip color after frequent use. I've noticed a distinct difference in how fast my color fades since I've started using it in addition to my usual shampoo. But then again, I didn't feel like my regular non-foaming shampoo was getting my hair "clean" enough after multiple hairspray applications, so I don't really mind. I'll just keep using it as a bimonthly clarifier. I'm going back to my natural black hair so once the highlights I'm trying to cover up with dye grow out, I will probably use this more often.

on 8/19/2015 12:34:00 AM

Typically I'm not a big fan of Lush shampoos, but thought I'd give this a try as I needed a clarifying shampoo and I found the 500ml bottle for $25 Sing dollars which to me is quite cheap for Lush.

Well, consider me now a convert!

I have super fine 2a/2b curly hair, which I colour every 6 - 8 weeks. It's not really 'dry' except for an inch or so at the ends, but the Singapore climate is humid, so I usually end up a frizzy mess by midday.

I was my hair every 2nd day, alternating with this shampoo and Curls Coconut Sublime shampoo. When using this shampoo I find I don't need a conditioner - which is pretty much unheard of for me!!! - and only use a little of the Curls Curl Milk on the ends before combing through.

I don't have issue with tangles, and my hair once dried is soft and shiny. The only downside I find it that for me, this doesn't give volume and if I don't use a curl cream or gel my hair ends up pretty flat. It does stip colour, but I use a semi-permanent, so every shampoo does that! lol

That said, I still love this shampoo, My hair looks and feels healthy, I love the lemony scent and a little really does go a long way

on 6/3/2016 5:30:00 AM

And I asked them for something that won't rip away my hair's oils. I already have dry hair.
And this...
This...
Cleared my hair like you have no idea
It cleared the grease

-until I found the Grow and Restore shampoo by Shea Moisture-

on 5/17/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I did really like this, I felt it worked well with my wavy to curly hair

on 1/27/2015 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this shampoo.
I have somewhat curly hair (more wavy than curly), can be a bit oily.
I cannot explain what this shampoo does to my hair. It makes my hair clean, nice, shiny, soft, my waves are well defined AND I wash my hair every 3 days. I used to wash my hair every day. Winner here!
I used it with American Cream conditioner, perfect combo.

The price is a bit heavy but a big bottle can last me more than 7 months so thats not a problem for me!

on 3/17/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this and ended up buying it. I cant believe I like another LUSH product, especially a hair product! My hair is something I pride on and receive many compliments from so I'm usually a snob when it comes to hair products which I normally buy from Redken, Matrix... I may step down a notch and use John Freida(uh oh a drugstore brand!) but using hippie green all natural products?! No way! Now im eating my words because this is actually pretty good.

Reasons: Volume, shine, bounce, cleans, and smells like iced lemon tea! My hair is very long, thick, and gently colored. My roots get oily in no time while my ends are parched. I wouldn't use this shampoo everyday but a once every 3 days/once a week shampoo to remove everything(without over-drying!) and give me a fresh and happy start. I would use a moisturizing/repairing conditioner afterwards; I always use a hair mask every time I condition my hair rather than a regular conditioner. I did not have to use much to get it to clean my hair. Could I find something similar like this elsewhere? Yes, but this is, to me, unique, and being all-natural or mostly all natural, why not?! I never thought Id say that.

I don't like the bottle for both appearance and functionality. It's also not a cheap shampoo considering its made from things you can whip up in the kitchen.

overall, will buy and it's a great product.

on 11/21/2014 7:43:00 AM

I've always prided myself on big, fluffy yet shiny, low maintenance hair. That probably sounds ridiculous coming from a grown woman and engineer, but my hair is a big deal to me. I decided to try no-poo after my stylist said I was washing it too much. No-poo DESTROYED my hair! Even after going back to shampoo, my hair was dry on the bottom and greasy on top, and worst of all, it was so limp. My precious volume was all in the now straw-like ends. (I only used baking soda and ACV like twice over a 2 1/2 - 3 week period)

Desperate, I went to Lush for the first time and explained my situation. After assuring me that I was being dramatic and that my hair didn't look THAT bad, the very funny and friendly sales lady recommended this shampoo (which I bought) and Veganese conditioner (which she was sweet enough to give me a sample of). I tried them last night, did my usual thing and slept in a sock bun, and wow! Today my hair looks like its old self. Its big, bouncy, wavy and shiny, and has a very nice, natural scent.

The shampoo bubbled up nicely, and I didn't need to use very much to lather up my long (mid-back) hair. I'd recommend shaking it a few times before use, as it has some natural sediment at the bottom of the bottle if its been sitting still for awhile (probably the yeast).

I do plan on updating this review after a few weeks of use (I'm only not giving 5 stars because I've only used it once and want to be sure its the real deal). I'm excited to try more hair products from Lush (who by the way, do not advertise - a visit is highly recommended if you've got one in your area).

on 2/23/2015 8:49:00 AM

Excellent shampoo to use after H'suan Wen Hua treatment, to boost the results but definitely not an everyday shampoo if you have dry hair. Also strips out any hair color you might have applied. Bad smell on bottle but it gets much better when apllying at shower cause the lemon scent comes out.

Popular Shampoos