Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy- Ylang-ylang and Myrrh Sugar Scrub

3.6

on 9/28/2005 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the Bath and Body Works line of aromatherapy scrubs! This one has a very sensual fragrance, rich and a bit floral, and very extravagant. (However, my husband will even use it on his hands, when he's in the right mood! He loves the aromatherapy scrubs!) The fragrance lingers on the skin without being overpowering, and scents the air to create a very aromatic bathroom!

I usually use it on my hands or feet, though I will occasionally use it as a body scrub. If you use too much, it will leave a greasy feeling, but I just massage it in if that happens, or lightly wash my hands. I'm an artist, so I wash my hands a LOT, which means dry skin. But leaves even my horrible hands softer and smoother, which is saying a lot. I am convinced that, without my Bath and Body Works scrubs, my hands (and feet-I go barefoot whenever possible) would be beyond hope!

My favorite, by the way, is the Bergamot Corriander. I also use Jasmine Vanilla and Orange Ginger.

on 8/5/2005 12:28:00 PM

I got a tub of this at the semi-annual sale for $3 (hence my "dirt cheap" rating) and didn't get around to trying it until the other night. I agree with everything the other reviewers have said, to a point: It is very odd that the sugar sits on the bottom while this layer of oil floats on top. It felt weird (and a little icky) to just have to stick my fingers down in there and scoop it out (reminded me of playing in the mud as a kid). The scent in the jar is really strange -- it's almost, almost disgusting, but not quite. It smells sort of damp (I agree with the reviewer who likened it to a swampy smell!), but you can catch notes of the ylang-ylang myrrh fragrance in it. It did leave my skin surprisingly moist (or oily, if you put a negative spin on it). I didn't mind that so much, because it saved me a step (skipped the lotion). The scent did really linger on my skin (and my towel, and my nightgown, and my husband, and my dogs -- anything I touched, I think), but thankfully, it was more of the sweet smell than the swampy one. That said, I used this at night, and I cannot imagine (and wouldn't recommend) using it in the morning before putting on clothes and leaving the house. I can imagine that the lingering scent might get too cloying by the end of the day.

on 11/17/2003 5:17:00 PM

Smells soooo wonderful and heals my dry skin. I use this as a feet scrub and soak. This product made my scaly, rough feet soft and smooth.

on 9/17/2004 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! First of all, the smell of this is just ick and it lasts all day with you. Secondly, I wanted to feel like I had clean, newly scrubbed skin and all I felt was smelly and oily. The scent gave me a headache after lasting all day long! I'll stick to B&BW vanilla.

on 1/3/2004 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It is a bit strange with the oil on top and the sugar below -- I tried shaking it and nothing happened (: the oil just moved... however, the experience of using it is just awesome -- it smells wonderful, and your skin feels all pampered and glowing afterwards. Just be careful of the oil in the shower after- can get slippery- and it looks like it might be easy to spill the oil.. all in all though a very nice shower experience!

on 7/27/2004 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these BBW sugar scrubs, but this one smelled like a flowery, fragrant swamp. Hard to explain, but that's my impression of the scent.

on 1/26/2003 10:29:00 PM

Very... interesting scent. This product comes in a round jar, made of plastic and with a screw-top lid. It also comes with a lot of oil floating on top, but I think that the best way to use the scrub is to shake it up gently before scooping it out. There's a little problem with mysterious leakage of the oil... but all in all, this product is very good. It really moisturizes the skin, while at the same time exfoliating dry and flaky skin away. The fragrance is best described as -strong!- and -exotic!-... and very sensual, I'll agree. Kind of a sharp, herbal floral. A little goes a long way.