no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

Jul/18/2009

I will not repurchase this gel. I ended up returning it because I found that it was too heavy for my hair and weighed it down, making my hair droopy and stringy. The good thing is that it did not make my hair hard or crunchy though.I also did not like the scent. Overall, this is better than Tresemme, Aussie, Dep, Dippity do, etc., but not the right gel for me. Will not r/p.

About reviewer (471 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

Jan/30/2009

My only complaint with this gel is that it smells unpleasant. Otherwise it's pretty basic and does it's job. I apply it out of the shower while my hair is still damp and then blowdry it and get pretty good results.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

Jun/12/2007

I just re-discovered this in the back shelf of my bathroom closet. This stuff works great on my curly hair keeping the fullness and curl formation all day. I will repurchase because with Joico gel I only need this along with my Potion 9 leave-in. Usually I can use up to 4 or 5 products on my hair after washing it (kind of defeats the purpose) !The combination of these two products works great!

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

Oct/28/2006

I've been using this for years and I love it. I take a pea sized amount and rub it along my hairline to help my hair stay away from my face. I still end up wrapping my hair around my ears, but this gel helps reduce my hair from hanging in my face constantly. I also comb this gel through my fine textured hair when using hot rollers and my hair keeps some curl. It lasts forever because you …Read more

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

Oct/27/2006

My brother <i>loves</i> this - it holds his hair like no other, whether he wears it slightly spiked or smoothed down. For me, though, it's much too crunchy and weighs my long hair down.

About reviewer (1606 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0
fromcrabu

Oct/27/2006

I dont know why they discontinued the sculpting lotion.Ive been using it for about 20 years and always return to this for my hair.Nothing else compares to it.Leaves my hair feel light and non greasy.The only place I can find it still is London drugs.But once they run out who knows where to buy it?

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (193 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

Mar/24/2004

I was sad about this...I like the ICE sculping lotion...so I thought the gel would be similiar...it isn't. When I use the sculption lotion with my hair wet, then let it dry down (it's hard and crunchy)and kinda work my fingers through, I get nice soft curls...the gel weighed down my hair and just left it limp and blah...oh well, back to the store!!

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

Mar/08/2004

Well this stuff is ok i got it for free in a joico pack and i used it a few times before straightening my hair and its already as good as a gel can get but i donno makes my hair feel kinda heavy and icky i prefer to use styling creams..

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

Nov/15/2003

It's got great hold and keeps my hair in place, but the next day, my hair is so heavy and weighed down it feels like I haven't washed it in days. Still looking for the HG of hair gel.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

Jan/26/2003

My husband uses this, and it must be good because he's rarely ever used hair styling products. It provides just enough control to tame his hair and prevent flyaways and isn't stiff or sticky.

About reviewer (1546 reviews)

Age