Jojoba Oil

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Cleanser & Spa Jojoba Oil

4.2

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been using the Trader Joe's Brand recently but I also like NOW brand and many of the dropper style glass bottle organic brands that are sold on amazon. I think for travel the glass bottles are best because they don't leak. I use jojoba oil for everything, my hair...as a leave in after washing, for my scalp, adding to shampoos and conditioners, everything. I use on my skin as a oil cleanser, moisturizer, makeup remover, on top of overnight masks, you name it. It makes my skin glow, it evens it out, and it plumps it up. I also like that it can be used around the eyes (I use grapeseed oil for all the same purposes and I find that it dries out my eye area). I think this is a good all around beauty product and it's very inexpensive compared to "beauty oils" that tend to have a lot of fillers. I did not experience any breakouts upon including this in my daily routine, however I usually do not have issues with liquid oils on this skin, only things like coconut oil. I highly recommend if you are dealing with hyper pigmentation, it has completely removed all marks from my face. I use the peter Thomas Roth rose face mask at night, I apply as a heavy moisturizer and let it sit for 5 min, then add this oil on top....and it has completely changed the quality of my skin.

on 3/2/2017 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

To start off, if you have a negative review on this, please listen closely. If your skin isn't reacting positively at first, that's okay. The first 3-8 days can be tricky. Because of the sebum-like substance, it tricks you natural sebum & oils into thinking it already produced it, so it stops producing it. Yet, the pimples that were already on your face are of course gonna pop because your putting "your natural" oil back on your face. Then, in 1-2 weeks your face should be clear and this should just be a nightly moisturizer.
Now, I love this product. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and it has been working so well. I'm only in the "purging" part of the treatment but it's working. I use a gentle cleanser, rose water, and then rub a little oil on my face and leave it overnight. It works wonders. It is a bit on the pricy side, but if clear skin is worth it, I'll pay.

on 1/28/2017 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combo skin, and occasional breakouts if I am using the wrong products or if it is ~that time of the month~, i mainly get blackheads and a lot of shine. a few months ago i was going through a bad patch with my skin after using too many products and a few hormonal ups and downs. because of my tendency to become extremely shiny in my t-zone i tend to stay away from oils, but i must say that jojoba oil has been a skin-saver for me! I usually use a couple of drops after face masks and in the morning before a light moisturizer and after a couple of months of use i can definitely see a change! My skin looks a lot healthier and feels softer and just a lot happier than it ever was! Quite surprised to see so many divided reviews to be honest, jojoba has been adopted by the majority of my relatives, men and women, aged between 20 (me) and 55 (my dad, who has eczema on his cheeks and around his eyes is a recent convert to jojoba, and loves it)!

on 1/10/2017 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FYI I used this on my face, so I don't know how it performs on other parts of the body.

I bought this so I could mix it in with a light moisturizer and create something a bite more hydrating, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me. It seems to be a real hit or miss for those with acne-prone skin - it either helps heal and hydrate, or it breaks you out.

I broke out from this, although originally (within the first few days) I thought it was actually helping control my skins natural oils, and clear my skin. But it seems to turn after 3 days of using it, and I felt like I was just breaking out a lot more and my skin wasn't happy.

I bought NOW Organics Jojoba Oil, and I recommend getting a 100% organic version if you plan on using this on your face. Ultimately, it works for some but not others - the benefit when it DOES work, seems to make it worth the risk of breaking out.

Proceed with caution. I used this as a makeup remover for 5 days. Brand was desert essence. I applied to dry skin and removed with a warm, wet washcloth. After 5 days three new cystic pimples showed up on my face. My skin does not like this product. If you have suffered from cystic pimples in the past, you might want to skip this product. Not worth the risk. Test patch first if you decide to try this product.

on 11/20/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I mainly use this for my hair but I have used it on my face as well and it works great for both. I don't use it on my face anymore because I'm currently trying out a different oil but if that won't work in the end I will most likely go back to jojoba. My thirsty hair loves it; if I apply 3-4 drops my hair will look healthy, strong and shiny and it gets so easy to comb, it's like a dream. It also makes my ends look so much healthier and less dry and sad. My face liked it, but only if I applied very little, I think 1-2 drops would be enough for me to apply after washing my face, if I used more than that it just made my skin oily. I also found it to be an oil that my face had to get used to, it broke me out a little in the beginning but that was also while I was experimenting with the amount, I think. However, when I used the right amount I definitely think it had a balancing effect on my skin and it gave my skin a soft glow that I adored, too. The price is great, I can get a bottle of 100 ml here in Sweden for about 9 dollars and that will last me for more than a year even though I use it every day, sometimes even multiple times throughout the day. The brand did not do well on the packaging part, which makes me want to purchase a bottle from a different brand next time, with a glass dropper that would control the amount better. A bonus is that this oil is great for the eczema that I sometimes get on my legs and arms from the cold here. I highly recommend this oil if you have oily skin, kind of thick hair but not super thick that is dry and neglected and if your skin is dry and itching somewhere on your body.

on 8/28/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use The Jojoba Company brand oil, it's from Australia and it a bit pricey. It's bright golden yellow and their refining process is tightly controlled and minimal.

My skin responds well, I just pat and lightly rub in a few drops when I need a moisture pick me up. This wax ester is very compatible with the skin, and is able to penetrate. It's not quite as 'dry' or quick to absorb as Argan oil, I find myself rotating between the two, they're both great. They are the lightest, fastest absorbing oils I've ever tried, so I can use them under make up or even on bare skin and don't worry about looking shiny or losing my make up. I know that putting an oil on skin is repulsive to many people, but I've been a convert since 2002.

Jojoba doesn't penetrate the hair cuticle, so it's best used as a sealant rather than a treatment. I'll use coconut oil all over as a pre-wash treatment or additive in my conditioner when I need deep moisturization. But Jojoba is what I use as a leave in on *damp* hair. For me it seals in moisture very well, and when just a few drops are used I don't get a greasy, built up look. (I prefer it to coconut oil as a leave in) Of course if it's it overdone, it'll look greasy. But when I get it just right, my hair is softer and more shiny, and poofiness or frizz is well controlled. Just maybe 4 or 5 drops. The best leave-in anything I've ever used.

I also use it on my toddlers skin if he gets any dry patches.

on 8/4/2016 1:30:00 PM

I was in Europe for almost a month, and despite the lack of pollution in Scandinavia, my skin was absolutely disgusting and terrible. I rarely wore any makeup, except once in Paris, and felt gross all the time in natural lighting. note, I never get pimples ANYWHERE else apart from mostly my forehead and my chin sometimes. so during that time, my forehead was extremely bumpy and marks from former blemishes were very distinguishable. after my trip, I had access to my Cetaphil moisturiser which I couldn't bring to Europe and slathered it over my face. I didn't think it was enough and purchased a bottle of jojoba oil since I read that it doesn't clog pores and is good for acne-prone skin. I couldn't be bothered to purchase a bottle from acne.org and pay for shipping and so got a 200ml bottle from a health shop (from the jojoba company - Australian company) at a very reasonable price. I have been using it for both my face and my hair. I love the fact that my skin absorbs it very well and it doesn't end up like an oily mess. my skin has been so smooth and I haven't got any developing pimples yet, except a few which I pray to god will not erupt and ruin my life again. in lightings, my skin looks wonderful and radiant!!! however, it is a different story for my hair.

in the past, I tried to slather swisse argan oil on my hair because it was recommended, except it never works for me. AT ALL. it completely weighs down my hair and makes it look greasy and my strands clump together. i thought this time it was going to be different and added jojoba oil to my shampoo. i don't think i felt any difference. however after my shower when my hair was slightly damp i tried to distribute a little jojoba oil through my hair and not a lot like last time as i had learnt my lesson. but still it weighs it down until i was able to wash my hair again.

UPDATE 18/01/2017

So I have had the jojoba oil for a while now, since august and now its mid-January. i use it mostly as a makeup remover, in collaboration with my simple makeup wipes. but i still use it sometimes as a deep moisturise (i have a tendency to go overboard with my facial oils)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this in two ways at night. I first use it as a makeup remover, by rubbing it on dry skin for a few minutes then wash it off with purpose cleanser. I then dry my face and put 4 drops in my hand and rub it all over my face and neck. I used to have super oily skin and breakouts. Within the first few days of using jojoba oil I noticed my skin changing and becoming less oily. After I apply it as a moisturizer, I wait 20-25 min then apply my retina cream .05. I had been using retin a year and a half and benzaclin for 3 months before trying jojoba oil and I was still oily with acne and my skin tone was so uneven, not to mention very sensitive skin. I have now stopped benzaclin and only use the retin a and jojoba oil. I am far less oily in the daytime now, I have 0 breakouts, and my skin tone is looking more even in just 2 weeks of use. I think it makes the retin a work even better. I don't use it in the daytime because I find it's a little heavy for me. My daytime routine consists of purpose cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth oil free moisturizer, and Hourglass primer before makeup. I will never stop using jojoba oil. Oily skin is absolutely the worst. Thank goodness for jojoba oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Jojoba Oil is a staple for me. It has never broken me out, not even once and that's saying something because literally every oil I've ever used has caused me break outs. It probably doesn't break me out because it's actually not an oil, it's a wax that is most similar to human sebum. It also doesn't oxidize like oils can. I use it as a makeup remover followed by Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water (LOVE). I add it to my moisturizers and hair treatments. I mix it into my night cream and wake up with soft, dewy skin. It's not a stand alone product for me but it's a must have addition to my skin care routine. Organic Jojoba Oil is best and I personally wouldn't recommend conventional as you wouldn't be sure of how it was extracted or if there was any pesticide residue. You never know, so I buy certified USDA organic.

Popular Face Skincare Products