Jojoba Oil

Jojoba Oil

4.2

on 7/3/2016 1:20:00 PM

Products Used Up: 0

I really wanted to like this. I first bought it because I heard about the technique of adding a drop to your foundation to make your makeup more luminous. When I tried this, I just ended up looking like an oily mess.

I then tried to used this as part of my skincare routine instead. I tried both mixing it with a moisturizer and using it on its own. It just doesn't do it for me. It never is absorbed by my skin and it just remains a layer of oiliness on my face.

I ended up throwing this out.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this in two ways at night. I first use it as a makeup remover, by rubbing it on dry skin for a few minutes then wash it off with purpose cleanser. I then dry my face and put 4 drops in my hand and rub it all over my face and neck. I used to have super oily skin and breakouts. Within the first few days of using jojoba oil I noticed my skin changing and becoming less oily. After I apply it as a moisturizer, I wait 20-25 min then apply my retina cream .05. I had been using retin a year and a half and benzaclin for 3 months before trying jojoba oil and I was still oily with acne and my skin tone was so uneven, not to mention very sensitive skin. I have now stopped benzaclin and only use the retin a and jojoba oil. I am far less oily in the daytime now, I have 0 breakouts, and my skin tone is looking more even in just 2 weeks of use. I think it makes the retin a work even better. I don't use it in the daytime because I find it's a little heavy for me. My daytime routine consists of purpose cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth oil free moisturizer, and Hourglass primer before makeup. I will never stop using jojoba oil. Oily skin is absolutely the worst. Thank goodness for jojoba oil.

To Read all 335 Reviews, Login or Join

Jojoba Oil is a staple for me. It has never broken me out, not even once and that's saying something because literally every oil I've ever used has caused me break outs. It probably doesn't break me out because it's actually not an oil, it's a wax that is most similar to human sebum. It also doesn't oxidize like oils can. I use it as a makeup remover followed by Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water (LOVE). I add it to my moisturizers and hair treatments. I mix it into my night cream and wake up with soft, dewy skin. It's not a stand alone product for me but it's a must have addition to my skin care routine. Organic Jojoba Oil is best and I personally wouldn't recommend conventional as you wouldn't be sure of how it was extracted or if there was any pesticide residue. You never know, so I buy certified USDA organic.

on 4/28/2016 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK I read so many mixed reviews...got a little saddened at how miss understood this wax is. For the most part I see people have come to Jojoba oil as a desperate blind date, hoping it will solve all their ills. So much pressure. Also your skin might not like the chemical profile that this wax provides and that is fine too as we are all different.
I do think that a well stored, recognised organic product is by far better than some you can by off a dusty shelf in the 'head' shops. Yes I have bought from somewhere as dubious as that and ended up with painful spots to prove it. A manufacture date, BBE and manufacturing process is important to know before you part with hard earned cash. I learnt the hard way. Bleh.

I have oily/combination acne prone dehydrated skin.
I have been beaten down by my skin to do the gently gently approach. No 20% AHA's or 15% Vit C's the list goes on. But a pH balanced approach to cleansing/toning/hydration/occlusives/protection. This has really helped my moisture barrier, oil water balance and essentially my worst friends ever - open and closed spots.

I treat this as the base to my own facial oil mix; although I have used this on its own when I first bought it. Just a thought, you can think of this stuff as an active ingredient you might need a little mixed with something like a lotion or oil and that might work for you. Dunno.

This wax was a beautiful golden colour, supplied in a dark bottle. with all of the information above. I added a caspsule of high strength Vit E to the bottle, mixed it up then transferred about 10ml into a sterilised bottle and put the rest in the fridge.

After hydrating my skin, on clean damp hands I would put 2-3 drops in my palm, rub hands together lightly and lightly press into my damp face. All over. Within a minute my face would've absorbed all traces and I could go on with another layer of occlusives or go straight to protection.

I have also used it on my hair, a bit expensive to use as a pre-wash but as a light conditioner or 'sealant' it is nice and doesn't tend to sit on my hair.

I wouldn't use any oil on my face as a cleanser without an emulsifier, my skin doesn't like it. OCM method left me in a hot mess. But I do use this as an eye and lip make-up remover and it is painless, I follow with a pH balanced foaming cleanser and it is totally fine.
No spots, reduced oily shine conditioned skin, and hair. I like it.

I have given this oil 5 lippy's as it has become a staple for me. HTH

on 4/1/2016 9:10:00 PM

CAUTION: I fell victim to glowing reviews about the oil cleansing method and, against my better judgement, slathered this oil all over my face. Jojoba oil broke me out in painful, marble sized cysts. I'm not talking one. I'm talking like 10, which camped out for about 3 weeks and left nasty scars I'm still dealing with 6 months later. If your instincts are telling you that "maybe putting OIL on your skin is counterintuitive"-- stick to what you know. After several years of dealing with moderate acne, I now use a bar of Cetaphil antibacterial soap and water. I try not to pick at my spots and when I do, I cover them with a Hydrocolloid Advanced Healing Blister Bandaid at night. I'm sure this has worked for some people but think twice about what will happen to your skin if you're not one of those people.

on 3/7/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I dfinitely love this stuff. I have very oily/very sensetive skin and almost every mosturizer breaks me out. Jojoba oil really did the job. I use really not much and it completely sinks in, it makes my skin soft and even though i still get oily sometimes it's really getting so much better with the oil.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my second time i tried essential oil for my face. Tea tree oil totally broke me. I read about jojoba oil and gave it a try.

my skin is normal-dry. I have redness and acne scars on my cheek and pimples. not much but quite annoying.

I tried jojoba oil for 3 days on my forehead to see how its gonna react on my skin. after 3 days i can see small pimples on my forehead. its been 2days since i stopped using it. my forehead getting better. no more new pimple.

def not gonna use it again. maybe this one not for my skin :( im glad if its work for you, but def not for me..

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought a bottle of organic jojoba oil a week ago and so far it's worked WONDERS! I use it to remove makeup and it literally just slides off my face. I can both really see and feel the difference from when I wash with some drying product and a lot of water, with the oil I don't need to rub at all, it basically just wipes the makeup off.

Sometimes I use it as a moisturiser and it doesn't look greasy at all, just glowy in a healthy way. I also put a drop in my moisturiser before sleep. I've read somewhere that you shouldn't use jojoba oil as a moisturiser because it doesn't hydrate, that it just works to lock moisture in - I don't know if I agree or if it's true. I feel that it moisturises!

Now for the best part. My face is very cheeky. Most foundations look crap on me. It looks dry and patchy and unnatural. But if I blend the foundation with some jojoba oil - VOILA! It looks amazing and totally natural. It doesn't look as if I'm wearing makeup. My redness goes away immediately and it looks and feels very fresh.

The only minus I can find is that I think I use too much, it's difficult to take only one drop and some oil always slips down the sink from the dropper...

Buy a bottle - now!

on 12/14/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I just thought I would put in my review here for jojoba oil - even though the last time I used it was about 5 years ago.

Jojoba is the first oil I tried, as I read that it is good for sensitive, clog-prone skin. Let me tell ya guys, jojoba oil clogged up my skin like nothing else ever has and gave me huge painful cystic acne.

And now, when I check comedogenic ratings charts, jojoba oil is indeed listed as comedogenic. Also, it has high oleic acid content, which isn't good for us clog-prone people. The key is to try a high linoleic oil.

Anyway, after my jojoba experience, I swore off oils, but have recently plucked up the courage to try another oil. I have also reviewed argan oil, and that didn't work out for me either.

My search for a good oil for my skin continues. I will try a high linoleic oil next. Perhaps hemp seed oil.

on 12/1/2015 3:46:00 PM

I liked the feel of this oil & how it soothed my face. My skin however did not like this oil! After the first use, I had a couple of pimples and continued to break out! Wish I had great results! I will not repurchase.

Popular Face Skincare Products