no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Edit: April 2017 - I'm changing my review to 5 stars as I've bought this product countless times now.. it's an excellent product between paste and gel if you have hard to manage hair! I use it by squeezing the water out my hair then putting this in directly, I do not comb it through cause my hair would get too frizzy. I pretty much just smooth it through my hair and then put it in the towel then diffuse with the dryer. Sometimes I mix it with oil before I put it through my hair. (mix the oil into the paste) Original 8/13 I've been using this for about six months now and I've repurchased several times. I have coarse curly hair and this definitely tames it nicely. It would likely be too much hold for folks with finer hair or less 'texture' (craziness).

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

3.0

7 years ago

The smell. Uck, I really can't get over the smell. This stuff stinks like straight up alcohol, and it does not fade. I continue to get whiffs of it throughout the day anytime this is in my hair. I've had this product sitting around for about a year, as I'm at a bit of a loss with how to make it work best in my hair. I picked this up hoping for a stronger hold curl cream, as my curl pattern is weak and needs some extra oomph to hold a curl and not turn into a puff ball. While it does do this, I'm not in love with the results it achieves. It leaves my hair a bit greasy. I can feel the product coming off on my hands if I touch my hair. I enjoy my curl pattern with this, as it's looser than when I use gel but better held than using a regular curl cream. I apply this on wet hair over leave in conditioner. I comb it all in then tie my hair up into a top knot and let it air dry. Taking my hair down leaves nice, loose, curls...but they're short lived. I've also tried scrunching this into my hair alone and with gel. I'll continue to experiment with this product till it's all gone, since it wasn't cheap. I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Awesome to use for a finishing cream. Very thick but just what I need to get some texture after I have already blown dry my hair. I kinda like this better than B&B styling cream!

About reviewer (260 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

This has been a staple for me for many years! My hair is short and tends to dry out, but this thick cream does an amazing job at making it silky smooth! Only draw back is when my hair gets a little longer, because it's so thick (my hair) , this product tends to weigh it down, leaving it with no movement, and look dirty or greasy if I'm not careful and use too much product... At that point I will just use on my dry ends to help further protect and smooth while styling. Over all though this is one of my "must have" products that I couldn't live without!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

1.0

8 years ago

*Update* The use of this product dried my hair out badly, I have stopped using it in favor of a natural oil product. I think I will have to throw the rest of the tube away! Since I stopped using it, my hair has stopped being see-through blonde on the ends and has stopped breaking off. Funny how we don't notice longterm damage until we stop using a daily product. I have baby fine, shoulder length hair that I spiral perm twice a year. I have no frizz issues, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of Wired on frizz. My problem is usually flatness on top, and a general lack of body, especially when my perms are grown out a few inches. Wired adds tremendous body and separates my curls really well. I use a dab with about twice as much water, then sort of scrunch it into the ends when my hair is air-dry. The hold lasts all day when I use a bit of hairspray.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This stuff is THE STUFF. I used to have shoulder-length thick, wavy hair. I used Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier on it, exclusively. The Curls Rock made my curls pop and look amazing 24/7. I recently cut my hair to a shorter cut, chin length. The new style doesn't respond as well to the Curls Rock. It's too much, or not enough, and I've tried to vary the amount I use to a great degree with limited success. After trying every other product in my cabinet, I bought Rusk Wired on a whim. SUCCESS! I can use Curls Rock when my hair is wet, let air dry, and finish with a tiny bit of Wired. OR, I can use a small amount of Wired when wet, and smooth my hair with Wired when dry. The trick is to put a small amount in your palms and really spread it out thinly on your hands when working through your hair. A little goes a LONG WAY. This reminds me of Oaul Mitchell's Foaming Pommade (which I adore), but even more versatile.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I took my chance with this product after reading mixed reviews. I love it! I have a peicey inverted bob with lots of layers in the front. A small amount emulsified in my hands with a tiny squirt of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny before blow drying works great for me! After drying/a lil flat ironing, I use the tiniest bit to slick over my sideswept bangs to keep in place, and on the ends to texurize. The result is great volume, texture, shine and softness. When using just enough, this is not greasy or dulling at all, but not overdoing it is key! I knocked a lippie off for smell. It has a strong cologne smell that isn't horrible, but I just don't care for it. I like fresh scented products and this doesn't meld well with anything else I put in my hair. The smell is somewhat long lasting too. The packaging is good, and the amount for the price is reasonable. Since you only need a pea sized amount, 8oz for $12 is worth it IMO.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

Great product! I took a shot in the dark with this, not knowing too much about Rusk products. I was looking for something to 1. Enhance waves. 2. Tame frizz. 3. Moderate soft hold. 4 Not greasy or way hair down. Wired is WINNING! If I'm being lazy, I let my hair air dry, it is naturally wavy but it is also very frizzy and out of control. In the past, I've used Bed Head After Party and my only problem with that product is it left my hair greasy if you apply too much and can way hair down. Wired is unique because hair doesn't feel coated with something, I can't feel tell there is product in my hair! Wired does a fantastic job taming frizz and providing soft flexible hold while enhancing natural waves. I have long thick hair and only use about a pea sized amount to accomplish great results. The smell of this product is strong yet feminine (mix of foral and citrus). It may be a problem for people who are sensitive to scents. Price wise, this is a professional grade product and it's expensive @ $14.99.

About reviewer (360 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

9 years ago

I've been using this for years and love it. I don't get the reviews about the smell. I can hardly smell mine. Guess you all got a bad batch!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

9 years ago

A local store has had some higher end hair care products on buy one get one specials. I kept looking at this and a couple other products but was unsure about what exactly Rusk Wired would be best for. I looked up reviews this evening and decided to go see if they still had this on special, which they did and I got the two for one. While I was in the store I tried on some tops. It's the end of the day anyway and my hair had been wind blown and then with trying on clothes it got very static electricity and fly away. I have fine hair but a lot of it, shag cut, just down to my shoulders. And it's color treated. So, I came home, went to brush my hair and it was all over the place, dry and flyaway. What better time to try this stuff. So I used a pea size, rubbed it into my hands good and then lightly through my hair. It's too easy for products to weigh my hair down, so I was sure to go lightly on it. Seems like my hair drank it in. All of a sudden it was smooth, shiny, it even looked darker! And the Wired didn't make it all fall flat. I'm very pleased. I watched a little TV and thought, what if I curled it again now? So I plugged in my curling iron and curled my hair like I usually do. And it's like it was this morning after I got done styling it. My hair is beautiful and I'm very pleased with the product. With all the comments on the scent, I have to say, I didn't even notice it that much. Seems like it dissipated quickly anyway. It doesn't bother me at all. Tomorrow I'll try it on damp hair and then blow dry it. I have to say, I really missed the old Humectress from Nexxus which I used as a hair dressing. But this Wired is even better! Thanks to all who left reviews, especially letting us all know what type hair you have. It was a big help in determining if I wanted to try this product.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55