4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

This is a really good sunscreen! I just wish it wasn't tinted with a sheer iridescent finish so my face doesn't look like a hologram from wearing it. BUT at least it didn't make me break out which is like impossible for my summer skin so yay for that.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

11 years ago

I use sun protection every day as I got spots during my pregnancy. This product didn't work for me. However I tried to put in on I ended up with a slightly white film on may face. I prefer the liquid UV-Plus High Screen High Protection from Clarins.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

HairBlond

EyesGreen

from

11 years ago

I a fan of Shiseido sun line, but I don't really like this. It's very easy to apply though. However, I don't find the staying power to be any match to the cream formula. I won't buy it again.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

12 years ago

I have already been in love with the 55+ liquid so I thought I'd try this. I'm totally addicted now. I love the transclucent white glow. It makes your skin look young and glowing. Unbelieveable! I use it so much now I can't live without it. No pore clogging, no stinging, and works great to go over makeup. I also use it on my hands sometimes.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

HairBlond

1.0

12 years ago

I was looking for a sun block stick to use it while driving in the car or whenever I want to reapply sunscreen without using my hands. This stick makes ur face white as snow, so you do have to find a mirror and use your hands to blend it well on ur face.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

12 years ago

This is my favorite all time facial sun block (despite the price, $23.50 for .31 oz) since I discovered this 13 years ago. I love the portability of the stick but the price is harsh when I'd like to use this everyday. The sun protection is excellent (probably the best out there, also non-stinging and non-irritating, I hate any tan on my face) but what makes this the best is that the product is completely matte, disappears into your skin, and I've never suffered a break-out from this product. There is a white-ish cast when putting this on but it is faint and when given all the other positive qualities of this sunblock, the faint cast is negligible. This SPF stick also comes in a "flesh" color. I have tried practically every brand out there to find a sunblock with this texture. The closest I found is DHC's Suncut Q10 SPF 30 (only $15 for 1 oz) however it is not quite as matte as Shiseido's. If anyone has recommendations for a matte, nonsticky block w/ SPF 30+ like Shiseido's, please let me know! ***UPDATE 4/18/08: I bought Sofina's Lucent SPF 50++ and it is amazing as most everyone writes. It leaves no film, no whitish cast, feels like nothing. I will probably use the Shiseido stick for the beach but the Sofina Lucent is a revelation for my skin that cannot stand any film, stickiness or shine in a sunscreen. I am Korean, 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: DHC, Natura Bisse, Awake, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

The stick is very convenient. The product doesn't diminish after being in the water. It does make you look whiter but that is the reason why it is such a good sunscreen. It isn't a moisturizing product. It is the best stuff out there for protection. I swim everyday in the summer in Florida so this sort of product is essential. You just have to wash your face thoroughly when you are done being outdoors.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

12 years ago

I use it every day because my dermatologist told me that at my age all I need is a good sunbock. It doesn't clog my pores like others and leaves a nice feel. Hlighly recommended!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

I only bought this for the super compact size at first, but I found that it is the perfect sunscreen for my small tattoo. It has a physical sunscreen in it so it wil definitely protect against color fading. I'll try using it around my eyes, but that will just be a secondary reason to repurchase.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

15 years ago

I'm looking for a stable sunscreen and wanted to love this product. It completely dries out my skin. But it smells nice! I use this around my eyes - other types of suncreens make my eyes sting and this one does not. But after just two days of using it, the skin on my orbital bone and under my eyes are flaking and dry. I'm so bummed. I hear it's the physical sunblocks that do it. I'll keep searching.... ++++++++++++++++++++1/17/06 My dog gets a sunburned nose. This sunblock stick belongs to him now. I apply it before he goes outside and it works! He likes it.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination