The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter
Blueberry Body ButterBlueberry Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/15/2017 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is one of the better fruity scents from The Body Shop. Like the reviewer below said, it's not as intense as the classic strawberry one, nor as sickly sweet. It's a tarte berry scent that reminds me slightly of Lush's The Comforter scent. It feels very nice on the skin - rich and moisturizing but not overly so. Probably best for skin on the drier side. My skin feels very smooth and nourished when it's all the way absorbed. Not completely sure how long it takes so sink into the skin, as I only use body butters in the evenings before bed. Despite it being quite rich I find that I somehow go through it relatively quickly. I picked this up on sale, and I would repurchase if it went on sale again. I do find it slightly overpriced with the regular price tag, though. (Or maybe I'm just more of a Lush fangirl and will rather splurge on their body products than The Body Shop's..)

+ Cruelty free (and as of this week no longer owned by L'Oreal but cruelty free company Natura Brasil!!)
+ Vegetarian (contains beeswax)
+ Nice, tarte berry scent
+ Skin feels smooth after use (thanks Shea butter!)

- Though I have no better solution for packaging body butter, I'm not a huge fan of the bulky tub
- Not quite worth the pricetag in my opinion - it's not THAT superior to cheaper body butters

on 3/9/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was initially apprehensive about purchasing The Body Shop's Blueberry Body Butter, because I just gave away a tub of their Shea Intensely Moisturizing for Severly Dry Skin Body Cream due to fact that it contained parabens, and I looked at an ingredient list of and older formulation of the Blueberry Body Butter, and it ALSO contained parabens. Fortunately, the new formula does not list parabens on the label, so I took a chance and picked up a tub of Blueberry at TJ Maxx for about $5- extremely discounted from the normal price of $21 in store.

The scent is strong but not nearly as overwhelming as the Strawberry Body Butter. It's more tart than sweet and a little creamy, like Blueberry muffin mix with cold milk. Not a blueberry candle or a sweetened blueberry compote. Not really fresh whole blueberries either. I get a muffin mix and milk feeling but that's just my perception.

The product moisturizes very well and though it goes on greasy it does eventually absorb completely into my skin, and a little goes a long way which makes this product a great investment. Unlike the Shea Intensely Moisturizing body butter for severely dry skin, Blueberry does not crumble and flake off of me in little waxy particles when applied generously, but stays creamy and shiny until it absorbs.

This is very important to me in a body butter, because some products intended for very dry skin leave a waxy coating on my skin which never disappears and rubs off on clothing which is pretty gross. I would buy Blueberry again for the scent and for its solid moisturizing properties. I used it on my wrists because they have become super dry from spraying so much perfume. I also use it on my legs. Cute and effective product! The scent won't be for everyone but fruit lovers and bakery scent lovers will likely enjoy it.

on 5/13/2015 1:09:00 AM

I got this blueberry body butter on sale. It doesn't smell like blueberries; I don't like the smell.

on 6/22/2014 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I wish so badly that the Body Shop would make this body butter permanent. I love blueberries and anything blueberry flavoured so I just had to pick this up when it was on sale (for $10CDN around Christmas time). The price on these body butters don't really bother me as The Body Shop has 50% off sales quite often.

The scent of this body butter is heavenly. Very sweet and juicy with a soft powdery note near the end. The scent is moderately strong; it'll scent the room and your skin while you apply it but it slowly fades on your skin throughout the day.

Usually the body butters are tinted to match the shade (ex; the pink grapefruit body butter is pink, the olive is green, the Satsuma is orange etc) but this body butter is a stark white shade.

The texture of this butter is super stiff and just the slightest bit malleable, really like cold butter. It does warm up in your hands and sinks into your skin quite easily though.

The moisture on this stuff is incredible. I can apply it at 7:00pm at night after a shower and then when I bathe the next day I can still feel the way my skin is slick and moisturized with the body butter. So the claims about 24 hour moisture is indeed valid.

Love this stuff so much! I've bought three tubs and I'm dreading the day I'm done! Hopefully The Body Shop brings this lovely flavour back around at Christmas time!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a special edition body butter which only seems to be available during the summer months in the UK. It's definitely a more summery scent to me - quite sweet, but with an underlying and very subtle sourness to it - which I prefer in summertime when the days are warmer and you don't necessarily want something on your skin which is strongly scented and which might clash with your summertime perfume of choice.

As with most of the other TBS body butters, this has quite a thick consistency to it and a little goes a long way. The tub I had easily lasted me 2+ months when using it once a day, most days. It moisturised my skin really well, but I did avoid using it on hotter days as I felt it was a little too moisturising then, making me feel like my skin couldn't 'breathe' properly.

I personally love TBS body butters, especially during the colder months when more often than not, they're the ONLY moisturising product I can use on my very dry skin which actually soothes it and stops it from itching.

If you prefer your body products to have a sweeter scent to them, then I would definitely recommended giving this one a try. It's not as sweet as something like LUSH's 'Rock Star' soap, but it's definitely sweeter in nature than some of the more popular TBS body butters like their Olive and/or Aloe ones.

on 6/8/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This was released in Singapore recently as a special edition range. I got a sample of the body butter and loved the scent. It is my first time using this product and I have always wanted to try it but feared it would not suit my skin as I have eczema and the weather, Singapore is very humid. It did make my skin soft and the smell was so yummy. I applied it to my legs only. I got the full size and have been using for a few weeks now. Word of caution, best not to apply onto areas with open skin like sores.

on 4/10/2013 3:05:00 AM

Price: You won't find the blueberry version in store most of the time but they seem to bring it out every now and then when they have sales on body butter or when they want to get rid of the seasonal products. When it goes on sale you can get it for $10, which while still expensive is half price of what their body butters sell for.

Texture/performance: All the body butters have varying consistencies depending on the version. The blueberry has the thickest consistency of all the ones I've used and tested. It's like shortening, it does not move around in the container at all, even through the hot summers. This makes it nice for putting into smaller containers for your bag. The downside is that it also takes longer for it to fully absorb into your skin. Whether if it says it's for normal or dry skin all the body butters from The Body Shop all seem to perform the same in the end to me. It's decent as a moisturizer but there's probably better lotions out there for way cheaper than these butters.

Smell: The big selling point for most of The Body Shop's non-skincare products is the smell. The blueberry is pleasant and does not smell fake as they use real fruit oils and extracts. It smells like sweetened real blueberries. The smell is not obnoxiously overpowering and people will not smell it on you from a meter away unlike their grapefruit or satsuma butters(I've heard of people complain of the scents from the grapefruit one setting off some people's asthma before much like perfume). What I particularly like about the blueberry butter is that it doesn't go rancid even after a long time. All of the other butters I've had or gifted went rancid (from the oils in the butter no doubt) after a little over 6 months. I even had a bit of the grapefruit butter leftover that melted and separated in the hot summer, afterwards which it smelled like cheap old lotion. That said, it may not be a good idea to stock up on the other body butters if you won't be using it up quickly enough. They always have sales anyway.

on 4/9/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a sale because I was looking for a body butter for dry winter skin and loved the scent. Now I am fan, went back and bought another 3 more so I would have for enough to make it through to spring. I completely plan on repurchasing next winter, probably too thick for summer, but exactly the texture I love for winter and the texture I look for in the winter. I normally purchase either unscented or light scented body because too much fragance gives me headaches. This smells great without being too strong and lingers midly only which I love. The only thing I don't like is that the regular price is expensive for how long it lasts for me (about 4 weeks w being used 2 twice a day) but it is worth it.

on 3/12/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It smells great and is a good moisturizer for the skin like any other Body Shop body butter.

This body butter is really rich and better suited to very dry skin(it actually says that on the container but I just love the smell!) It is too greasy for me, even for my feet if im honest and pricey but does smell delicious! The pots take up a lot of room which is a downside.