Chanel Infrarouge Lipstick in Scarlet

No Image

4.5

on 2/3/2008 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After reading in several books and magazines that every woman should own a Chanel red lipstick, I decided to indulge myself. This is a wonderful colour, which makes me feel instantly more glamorous and sophisticated. It slides on easily, but don't forget to wear a good moisturizing lip balm underneath to make it slide on easier. If I don't feel like going all out, I blot a little of this on, just to add some colour to my lips. Otherwise, it's a Marilyn Monroesque pout and an extra sway to my hips.
So, this colour is for the brave - don't buy Scarlet unless if you can't handle a little extra attention. This lipstick is for those who can carry it off with confidence and pizzazz.

UPDATE: I've decided that this is too dry in the end. Needs a more moisturizing formula.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick so much, it's very nearly my HG red: a spectacular true intense scarlet that turns heads; I always feel instantly glamorous when I wear this lipstick! I cannot understand why Chanel are (allegedly) discontinuing the Infrarouge line—it's a beautiful beautiful formula: deeply pigmented with great lasting power and an even fadeout, scentless and tasteless and extremely light and comfortable, with a flattering satin finish that neither feathers nor bleeds. I've repurchased this time and again, and wonder if I should snaffle a back-up as I've yet to find another red lipstick that approximates this unique shade and perfect texture.

on 2/17/2006 11:58:00 PM

I loved this. But my mother loved it too so I gave it to her. It is a LE but it did look better on her than me and I have other lovely lipsticks to play with :)

on 5/8/2004 12:39:00 PM

The little black dress of red lipsticks. This is a matte finish bright true red, not cool, not warm, not muted, as perfect with a bare face as it is with a classic glamour look. The densely-pigmented color seems to sink into the lips rather than sitting in a layer on the top. It's not entirely durable - what lipstick is? - but it has excellent staying power for a product that's not marketed as long-lasting. Reminds me why I keep coming back to Chanel despite the prices.

on 1/4/2004 8:41:00 AM

This is a perfect true red. For me this is far better than "Matador red" because this is much warmer and not metallic. It is pretty bright but as it is matte I think you can use it on the daytime as well. This does not turn fuchsia on me. The staying power is awesome. Love it. And I would repurchase this shade.

on 9/18/2003 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I saw this color on display at a store and had to buy it. It's a gorgeous true red that leans towards the brighter side, which is perfect for me. The formula is lightweight and matte; another plus. And on a purely visual note, the case it comes in is stunning. It reflects light in an almost holographic way! Love this!

on 7/26/2003 4:54:00 PM

This is such a classic, true red shade. The texture is matte and drying, like all of Chanel's other matte lipsticks... but that's not a bad thing. The dry matte texture actually helps the lipstick adhere to your lips better, thus resulting in a longer lasting lip colour! Anyhow, this shade is *way* up there with my other Holy Grail reds, and I adore it so! It might be a bit much for daytime wear in some peoples eyes, but I actually like my lips entering the room before I do :-D

on 3/2/2003 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a true red color. It is Hollywood Glam. It's bright, kind of a lead with your lips type of color. I like to wear a Mac Lacquer over it. It's something that I only wear on occasion. Not for the faint of heart.

Popular Lipsticks