Youngblood Loose Natural Mineral Foundation

3.8

Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Hydroxide Greens (CI 77288, CI 77289).

A lot of people who are having issues with this product may not realize exactly how it should be used.

If your skin is dry or dehydrated, you need to up your skin care because yes, Youngblood will show you where the dry patches are. Think of Youngblood as the canary in the mine signalling that you need to take care of something.
Definitely use a primer (normal/dry skin) or anti-mattifier (oily skin) THEN their rice powder. If you skip these guys, they will not blend or last the way they are intended to.

If you layer the products as directed they will wear beautifully as the day goes on and NOT settle the way other foundations do.
Bonus tip for those who LOVE FULL COVERAGE makeup: After you have primed and used rice powder, you can mix the loose mineral foundation with the liquid foundation.

It's a bit of a learning curve with these guys but very much worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

All my money wasted on this product which just ended up on my reject box.

PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE, ACNE-PRONE, OILY/COMBI SKIN BEWARE!!! Do your researcher before spending $$$$$$ on products you're planning to buy!!! I actually researched about Bismuth Oxychloride and how its bad for skin BUT MY STUPID SELF CHOSE TO IGNORE IT and now im left with an empty wallet and an irritated face. I thought this was for sensitive skin? This is the first time i've had an allergic reaction to a mineral powder! You know what sucks more? Where I live you CANT return products you've bought especially makeup. You know what sucks even more? Its retails for about 59 USD here (2,750php)! Yes thats more expensive than how it should be. Welcome to my fucking country!

I am happy and jealous at the same time for the people who had no problems with this and now considers this as their HG. How I wish I could be in your place right now

To Read all 158 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to like this foundation, but unfortunately I don't. I get dry during winter and this foundation caused my nose and the area around it to start flaking. It looks great right after you've applied it but doesn't stay on, even though I used primer, their setting powder and finishing powder. I tried various combination and it never stayed on. It also separated, gathered around my porsed and looked very weird after a couple of hours and it only looked worse if I tried to apply more. For some reason it also started to itch on my face.

I'd think this would work good on oily skin, it has great coverage for those who are looking for it. I'm disappointed but I will try again in the summer when my skin is not that dry!

Gives better coverage than other mineral foundations I tried (Bare Minerals original and Loreal True Match before.)
Has a luminous finish. Very visible on my skin, emphasizes pores on and around my nose.
My biggest problem with it is, that it gave me a break out after one use, the day after. I tried it three times waiting between my skin to heal, same result every time :/
Packaging is shitty, esp. compared to bare minerals.
I used Soft Beige for my NC20-25 skin.

I have been on and off the mineral makeup wagon for years now but now that I have tried Youngblood I will be sticking with it!
Ive tried numerous MMU foundations such as Bare Minerals, Inika, Prestige, Laura Mercier etc but Youngblood is by far the best. It looks naturally FLAWLESS!!!
The biggest point of difference is application....it blends in almost instantly and easily. No more buffing your face for 20 minutes! Its not the greatest at controlling oil but its very easy to touch up and that helps dull the shine for another few hours.

The only downside ive found for myself is the colours. Im very much in between cool beige and neutral. Im currently mixing the 2. Also, in Australia this foundation is fairly pricey...but because I know it works for me Im just paying it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this loose foundation, the only one I use! Having oily skin, I find that most powder foundations tend to cake around my face by the end of the day however, this is not the case with this loose foundation. It offers medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply and blends in flawlessly. If it looks cakey when you apply it, I would recommend starting with a light coat ( making sure to tap off the excess) and then apply more coats as needed in circular motions using a buffing brush for more coverage. I also set the loose mineral foundation with a light brush of the mineral rice setting powder afterwards to keep my skin matte and not oily. It is a bit expensive but definetly well worth it for the amount of product you receive. Best of all, it is suitable for sensitive skin and does not make you break out! I have sensitive skin that causes me to break out easily however this has not happened since using this product.

On days when I want more coverage to hide imperfections such as dark marks or blemishes, I use this loose foundation over my YoungBlood Liquid Foudation in Golden Tan and my face looks flawless! It can also be used as a concealer by applying a small bit of the loose mineral foundation directly on the blemish using a concealer brush or by mixing the liquid foundation with the loose foundation for heavier coverage. For reference, I am a latina and use the loose foundation in the color warm beige.

I gave the packaging four stars because sometimes when you open the cap, some of the powder will spill out which seems to be an issue with these types of cases. When traveling or on the go, I would recommend putting tape on the holes so that the powder doesn't spill out when you open it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just switched to this foundation after using MAC ProLong Wear for many months. I work in a busy cafe and sweat a lot on top of having combination skin. I was using the MAC foundation to cover up my breakouts and their Blot powder to keep the shine down.

The downside of a liquid foundation is applying it and blending it and also having it transfer onto your clothes, phone, hands, etc. I wanted something easy, fast, with some coverage, and something to keep the shine at bay. I'm the kind of person who takes a shower at night to maximize my time in the morning before work.

I was in London Drugs and asked the cosmetics manager for a recommendation. I was expecting some kind of powder foundation type thing, but steered me directly to the Youngblood line and told me she used it herself. She tested two colours on me and we went with Ivory. I have fair to medium skin and keep out of the sun. I was impressed with the colour range.

She used a kabuki brush to apply it and I saw it had some coverage. It has a titanium dioxide base and no smell, which I am a fan of. My skin is sensitive and breaks out easily. I was a little hesitant to spend $46 on a small compact of loose powder, but the cosmetics manager gave it such a glowing review I decided to purchase it.

I use this product with a Lise Watier powder brush over my sunscreen (Aveeno Baby) and before I apply any eye makeup, etc. I use 2 shakes of the powder in the lid and am careful about blending it from the outside into the centre of my face. I didn't blend it properly once and ended up getting too much powder on my forehead. It's super fast, which I like, and then I can spend more time applying my eye makeup. I like that it gives a natural look. Also, HUGE BONUS: My skin stays pretty shine-free during the day, even after 8 hours at the cafe.

It covers nicely, but not too much, so your natural skin comes through. It covers up redness, but you would need to use a concealer if you really wanted to cover up a blemish.

My only caveat is the packaging. I'm terrified of dropping the container and swirling the brush in the lid just makes it dirty. If you pour out too much, there's no way of getting it back in the container.

Overall, 4 stars. Great product, not-so-great packaging. I will definitely buy this again.

Overpriced for the quality. It looks good when you first apply it but within 20 minutes your entire face is shiny and I broke out horrendously while using this product

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After all these years I've come to the realization that on my skin, nothing looks as good as minerals. I also like the fact that it does not expire and I can mix shades together as my skin tone changes (despite wearing SPF 50 every single day). My favorite one from Lancome has be discontinued and after trying LM and BM I was still not satisfied.

This foundation is absolutely beautiful. VERY creamy without the fake looking cast that I seem to get from the others. I love using the rice powder under it as recommended. The coverage is very good but I don't have any major issues. I use a potent cocktail of active skin care ingredients and this does not irritate my skin at all. If you love minerals you must at least try this one out.....expect for one thing.........

The downside.....who in their right mind would put a loose mineral products into these antiquated jars without any way to close the flow?????? Seriously? There isn't even a lip on the jar to keep the product from flying everywhere. Whatever you do, do not take the cheap tape like covering off the holes entirely because you will waste product and have a huge mess on your hands. Did no one try this out before committing the entire range of loose mineral products to this poor excuse for a package? That's why the display always looks disgusting. The product is so lovely that I will transfer it into some older jars I have left from other brands but really, this is inexcusable.

I was hesitant of this product because I read a lot of AMAZING reviews, and some people had said those reviews were written by the company, and of course I read some negative reviews. I saw at London Drugs they had some trial kits of the product so I decided to go ahead and buy it. For $52.00 it came with two different foundation colors, an HD setting powder, Rice Setting powder, a blush, and a small kabuki brush. I thought that was a fantastic deal!
Before trying the product I got nervous as I saw that the foundation contained Bismuth Oxychloride, and I had a REALLY bad reaction to that ingredient in the Bare Minerals foundation (or at least I thought that was the culprit!) But I am excited to say that I haven't had an allergic reaction, or a single breakout from these products and I've been using them for the last two weeks!
I HATE liquid foundations because my skin is so grossly oily and I feel like it just slides off during the day, but then a lot of powder foundations I have tried either go on patchy and don't provide enough coverage, or they have a gross dry, chalky feeling to them. This product is a powder but is as smooth as a cream going on, feeling slightly hydrating with no patchiness.
The coverage is also flawless, it can be worked up to full coverage without it looking like you are wearing any makeup at all. Just perfect, natural, beautiful skin! And I love that this formula doesn't make you incredibly shiny and plastic looking.
This foundation holds up really well throughout the day. I only have to blot around lunch time, but I never need to touch up. I can get oily, but it doesn't make my foundation do that gross seperation thing, or cause any of my natural skin to show through. And I am way too busy to do touch ups during the day so I absolutely love this product!
I put it on at 7 in the morning and come home at 6 in the evening and my makeup still looks as beautiful as it did when I first applied it!
I have ordered all full sizes of many products from Youngblood and can't wait for them to arrive!