Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon Shower Gel

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

To me, this scent epitomizes summer - summer early in the day when you're still nice and clean and fresh, with the cool fruity scents of warm weather rather than the vanillas and heavy lotions of cold weather. I don't usually use products this sweet-smelling, but it's a mood-setter for hot days, or even those days when winter is dragging on forever and I want to pretend. Perfect for any rainy day. I'm sure this is BBW's longest-running scent. Like all BBW body washes, it lathers reasonably well and cleanses without stripping, but I feel like I need to use a lot, so it goes fast.

Bath and Body Works shower gels are pretty average products. They have a great scent, no question, but they are a little drying. However, in a shower gel, it's not that big of a deal since you can follow with lotion easily. One great thing about the shower gels in general is that they are super foamy and make great bubbles for a bath too. Then there's the scent which may take you back to high school or whatever, which keeps people buying this product for years. I probably won't buy this one again as I am ready to move on to something better.

It's very drying which is alright because you can always use body lotion afterwards. It smells great. The biggest problem is that it's not very gentle on your skin. It feels corrosive with delicate parts of your body, which I don't think should be like that for a body wash. Terrible product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the only shower gel I will ever use, and I always re-purchase it.

I have very sensitive skin that is dry, this doesn't make my skin drier and doesn't irritate it or give me any rashes.

It has a really good lather when used with a loofah. You only need about a quarter size amount squirted on a loofah with some water to wash your whole body with it.

As for the scent, you either love it or hate it. I personally love the whole line of Cucumber Melon products. It smells like honey dew with a slight undertone of refreshing cucumber.

Seems like you either love this scent or hate it. I happen to love it! Every time I lather up with this, I go back to my high school band trip to Galveston, TX during my sophomore year. We had to go to another town (Conroe) to do our concert performance, and afterward the band directors let us all walk around one of the local malls over where we had the concert. That was when I was walking around in a BBW, and discovered this smell! I even remember borrowing money from a friend to buy the body splash...lol! Took me a while to pay him back to! haha!=0)

Anyway, memories aside I still love the scent to this day. And it's amazing how many companies make a cucumber melon scent...most of them don't even compare to the BBW version! The shower gel has never dried me out, and I've been using it almost a month.

In my opinion, this is one of the best Bath and Body Works' scents to pick out for a body wash. This makes me feel calmer. It is de-stressing, cooling, and makes me feel better. This is the perfect body wash for everyday. This has been around for such a long time, and I have used this scent on and off ever since I was about twelve. I associate this scent with relaxation, and I definitely plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree that this scent becomes nauseating. The melons smell overripe and too sweet. I can stand the scent better in the shower gel, probably because I get to wash it off. (I'm only using the products because I received them as a gift)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I AM OBSESSED with this product. If used properly it lasts forever,and the scent is so refreshing. Its great for the summer months.

I thought this sounded like a weird scent, but it's actually one of my favorites. It's light and yummy - a great spring/summer fresh scent. I like B&BW's Shower Gels, although I prefer the Creamy Body Washes since they are more moisturizing.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this stuff... smells great, lathers well, and the bottle lasts a long time.