Dior Addict Lip Gloss- A Nibble of Nuts-123

No Image

on 6/5/2006 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this but I was not that impressed with the colour. I think this colour is for darker skin tones. I thought it would be a beigey/nude colour but it is gold and looks so nasty and tacky against my pale skin. The consistency isn't that great either and the smell/taste is just YUCK! I hate to waste it though so somethimes slick it over lipstick and blot to make the colour less strong for those subtle makeup days. Maybe if I had tried a diffrent colour this would have been a different story, but I feel a little put off with this product now and probably won't be trying it again in the near future.

on 9/18/2004 10:35:00 AM

You know, I bought this lipgloss hoping to get a "nude" lip without putting on a lipstick first. This came out tacky, and metallicy gold. It tastes absolutely horrible and looks very bad on people with fair skin. It was $24, which was a total waste of money. Don't buy it.

this just doesn't work for me---I guess no beige lipgloss would.

on 3/4/2005 10:40:00 AM

A Nibble of Nuts looked pretty in the tube but I knew as soon as I saw it that it wouldn't be for me. The beige tone with gold shimmer does nothing to flatter my LLL NC20 skintone. Washes me out completely so I now occasionally use (a tiny bit of) it as an eye gloss for casual summer days.

on 5/25/2004 11:06:00 PM

The first thought when I took out the wand was: this is just yellow. Well, not plain yellow, but a neonish yellow. Okay, so it's like champagne color with a yellowy iridescence. It looks quite okay on my lips now, after I got used to it. Definitely won't buy again, though. Although the packaging is nice, I don't like the consistency (not buttery like my Glossimers) or the smell (it's not that bad to me but it's still there constantly).

A pretty average gloss imo, it's a very slightly shimmery beige color with a very soft pink sheen to it, almost unnoticeable... wouldn't buy again.

Again, a decent gloss similar in consistency to the others in this series. Not pigmented enough to make an impact, and there are other cheaper glosses like Mirenesse Cepheus mirror gloss which look exactly like it and much more moisturising, minus the signature Dior fragrance. I cannot fault the packaging though.

on 4/3/2003 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was not that happy with this shade. Nibble of Nuts is a very pretty champagne beige shade with irridiscent pink flashing in the tube, but on it lost all that color and was just a plain beigey shimmer on my lips. I put a pink liner underneath to kinda give it more color and its looked ok but I didnt think its worth $22! The gloss itself has a nice texture, not too sticky or goopy with a faint sweet smell that fades in about 10 minutes. I really like the quality of the gloss just not this shade for me. (nc30, brown hair and brown eyes)

gorgeous gold colour. lasts a long time and is so much better than lick of taffy 151. i just cudnt get on with that colour. this colour is perfect for a nude sparkly lips and smokey eyes love it, only thing i hate is the smell :::((((

on 10/7/2005 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Positively gorgeous and complex!! Light beige-nude with a light pinky gold irresdence to it, looks so sososo good. I'm so glad i found this gloss! My only two minor complaints is that the dior addict glosses are too thin in texture, and have a strong smell. This is LE i believe, but had it not been , iwould repurchase this over and over... and over.... :) For reference i'm an asian nc30, yellow/olive gal.