Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is REALLY effective. So effective that I wondered if I wanted my oily skin to look quite so matte. However, the neutral one definitely leaves a white cast on my dark skin which would look terrible in photos. I wish I had got the coloured ones and have now ordered the Ben Nye mojave powder.

on 4/29/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Edit: i am heartbroken this breaks me out like crazy. As soon as i put this on, my face starts stinging and by end of day, i feel painful pimples developing. I am not downgrading it because it works wonders if you are not allergic to it. I have the other colors and they work fine on my T-zone so there must be one ingredient in the translucent that does not agree with me. I guess i'll have to go back to my expensive mac prep+prime.

Works very well: controls oil and adds no color. But if you have dry skin be careful. Will cause dry spots on dry areas. I only use this On my T-Zone because i am very dry on my cheeks and jaw line. If you have oily skin, you will LOVE the ben nye translucent powders.

on 2/8/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got Nutmeg. I'm Trinidad in NARS and have yellow undertones. I'd be NW56 if I had red undertones. Nutmeg is perfect for me. I have an oily tzone and the thing that amazes me is that it keeps the oil at bay! Like I had to keep looking in the mirror because my face was not oily! It was weird for me. LOL This stuff is amazing!

on 4/16/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

on 11/2/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I find that this works best over a foundation. Alone, it's kind of average, absorbing about 80-90% of oil and leaving the skin kind of lifeless. Atop a foundation, that figures rises to about 100% and your face is left flawless all day. Go figure.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Finally learned how to use this powder and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! First I apply foundation to face. Then, sprinkle a little Neutral Set into my hand. And dust onto face with a Japonesque blush brush under eyes, down nose, chin, around cheek line, and over eyes. Will sometimes dust on forehead if oily too. Removes shine. Helps control oil. Set foundation/concealer and other cream color w/o depositing any additional color. Does not cover highlighter, contouring, etc. Just leaves a natural, picture perfect finish. But if you apply too much or worried it looks white or ashy, just dust a little colored powder over it. Very affordable. $6 bucks for 3oz shaker bottle. Bottle will last for ever & ever. For reference, I'm an DDD-AAB(NW45 or Loreal HIP #818). continued >>