Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.7

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A great product in a very practical shaker container. It's cheap, lasts well, and looks good. And it is cruelty free!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this due to the ingredient list being similar to my favorite setting powder. It's actually pretty hard to find talc in setting powders these days since silica products have gotten more attention. This has both talc and silica. Talc is my favorite oil absorbing ingredient. I thought I was going to love this powder.

The name is misleading as it's not a neutral shade. It's a stark white powder. Yes, most of the white color blends away when you buff it in. I've experienced worse whitecast by other products.However this does lighten my foundation by 1 shade. Ben Nye Neutral Set truly is translucent in terms of coverage. Yet I felt like I could visibly see the powder sitting on my skin.

I tried using this with less matte foundation formulas just to test it out (my go-to fndt is very matte on its own). My face looked really gross within a few hours. I could see the make up separate from my skin once my oil broke through.

I honestly don't get the love so many reviewers have for this product. I think the tinted ones might be worth looking into if they blend more seamlessly. But... I am NC10 (very pale leaning yellow). Cameo and Fair were too pink/dark toned for me. I will admit I do like this better than the Make Up For Ever HD silica powder everyone raves about, but that isn't saying much given the low rating I gave that product too.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have the banna powder and it is great no complains at all i love it and the price isnt over the top like it can be with some other powders

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this product for setting foundation for a long period of time. It can be used for any skin tone and is one of the cheaper Ben bye powders at £10.50 for 3oz! I just wished the would change the packaging so you don't have to pour some out. The same goes for all Ben bye powders, unless I'm missing something but shouldn't they Be in a large shifter pot style packaging .......

on 5/6/2014 2:07:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this powder, it's amazing !! I bought this, the luxury powder in buff and translucent powder in fair and I love them all. If you suffer from an oily t-zone like me then try this little tip... After letting moisturiser sink in, I shake a little neutral set powder on a big powder brush (either Liz Earle large powder brush or Real Techniques powder brush) and buff into my nose, chin and forehead. Then I apply Bourjois CC cream (another amazing find by the way), touch up with concealer if necessary but I find using the neutral set powder as a primer really helps with the coverage of my base, then I powder with either the luxury powder or the translucent powder, quite heavily in fact as they never seem to look overdone no matter how much I apply, then my usual bronzer (if I decide to) and blush. I then take a teeny tiny amount of neutral set on a sheer finish powder brush by Bobbi Brown and lightly dust my nose and chin again and honestly my skin is matt but glowy and pores are airbrushed into oblivion with no white cast. This keeps my nose and chin shine free for about a good five hours and really stops any separation of my base around the creases of my nose. I have an obsession with face powder, especially loose powder and I have tried so many, Chanel was my No 1 until I tried Ben Nye powders and I have to say I'm thrilled. I ordered the 49 gram shaker jar of this for only 4 (30 grams of Chanel loose powder cost me 32) and I plan on purchasing the 226 gram size jar of neutral set, the luxury powder in buff and the fair translucent powder as soon as possible, they're that good. The neutral set powder contains an ingredient to help with perspiration. Even this wee size will last me ages and is good for travelling as it's not bulky. I just wish I'd tried these sooner and will never be without. I personally like the packaging as I just shake the powder into another loose powder lid when applying. All Ben Nye powders are talc based but that doesn't worry me in the slightest. Amazing powders especially for the price and I love the subtle talcum powder smell. It's worth trying anyway, the worst that can happen is you lose a few quid, (you can always pass it on to someone else) and I've personally wasted much more trying products that don't hold a candle to this. Big thumbs up from me :)

on 3/19/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite powder, lasts ages, sets every foundation I've tried and lasts all day. only downside is the bottle. I paid about 8 pound for it online for it in the UK and compared it to my usual powder which I pay more than double that price for for 0.75 oz and this is a 3oz. Best value powder out there with amazing results.

on 11/29/2013 8:15:00 AM

This is a good powder. It performs as well as higher-end products, and for significantly less money! It's a bit hard to come by, unfortunately but theatrical products shops should stock it. I've used a number of expensive powders in the past, including Giorgio Armani (loved it, though it had a slightly shiny finish), Becca (very good, great shades), Dior (very good) and Chanel (did not like it as it darkened my makeup and was too peachy). This is just neutral and translucent - no colour, no coverage. I like having one powder that is simply sheer. Will update regarding how it performs (oil control etc.).

P.S. Some reviewers are concerned about parabens; actually, the Chanel powder also has these - I would guess all powders do, since they are very common preservatives. They are present in infinitesimally small amounts in skincare, and I seriously would not worry about them. Skincare and cosmetics do not absorb through your skin anyway. (According to Paula Begoun, "In-vivo testing demonstrated parabens [in skincare were] 10,000 times weaker than naturally occurring phytoestrogens, such as those found in the foods and medicines we consume every day.")

on 9/8/2013 6:59:00 AM

I absolutely love this setting powder. It sets your make-up lightly without getting cakey or heavy. I have tried them all; Nars, MUFE, Tarte, etc. and this is so much cheaper and does a better job.

I found that Tarte and MUFE gave me a white cast no matter how little I used, so I would always have to go back and touch up my blush and bronzer because I looked washed out. That doesn't happen with Neutral Set. It gives my complexion a flawless finish (and trust me, it isn't!), my pores disappear and my make-up stays put.

A huge bottle of this is only $14 and lasts forever so that is less than half of what any of the higher end setting powders run and you get more than twice the amount of product. It is available on-line through numerous retailers but I live in the Houston area and am fortunate to have two theatrical costumers in the area and they always have this on-hand.

Best powder ever. And I don't really like powder. It just seems to mess up the work already done, in my opinion. No oxidizing of any kind, no caking, no making the foundation you just so beautifully applied look more like "makeup." This powder is a go to for many makeup artists. It's very inexpensive, the translucent powder works on everyone, it sets the makeup beautifully, and photographs well. I hardly even use any other powder on myself or clients unless I need to for effect. Two thumbs up and I will continue to repurchase this time and time again, but it's not necessary very often because it lasts forever.

on 12/20/2012 2:05:00 AM

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I combine this and the Banana shade, and the result is beautiful. I've tried 100's of powders, and this is the only one that looks absolutely natural and also has staying power. I mean, REAL staying power. and it DOES. NOT. CAKE. HG Loose Powder for sure.

Also, it's super cheap compared to other powders, especially ones as finely milled and high quality.

Oh, and it doesn't break me out at all. My skin has been well-behaved with it, and it'll react to anything if it has a single pore-clogging ingredient in it.