Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.4

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

I bought it because I wanted a translucent powder, as I'm very pale with a strong yellow undertone and I was sick of coloured powders which had the wrong undertone/shade and ruined my makeup. This is not translucent. It's not completely stark white, but it is white and noticeably alters the colour of my makeup.
It's not mattifying, either. It actually causes me to become slightly shiny all over my face after about 2 hours, which is especially strange since most of my face is not oily at all. It's as if I never applied powder to begin with.

on 3/3/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder is excellent at setting foundation, causes no pattchy dry bits and does not effect your foundation colour at all (so long as you don't use too much). Yet somehow it creates a sort of flawless look. Can be used for subtle contouring in areas you want to highlight but not wanting to look greasy (forehead etc). Use quite a dense brush and deliberately pat on too much powder, leave for a bit then gently brush off excess. Nice and cheep too. Lovely.

HOWEVER if you have acne you really can't us this everyday. It's okay for nights out or special occasions but will brake you out if you use it everyday. So sad cause it's really beautiful.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've had this in the 49g pot, have had it for just under a year and have barely made a dent. It goes on beautifully and doesn't alter your make up colour at all. Makes everything stay put throughout the day and is oh so very cheap.

on 11/22/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this powder. Still doesn't quite keep me matte all day but does keep my makeup from sliding around on my face; a quick blot with blotting paper or powder and I'm good to go! Plus the price is amazing; I got a huge tub of it for about £15, which will take me ages to use up.

The only shame is about the packaging, which is a little annoying and doesn't travel well. But on the other hand if they spent more on packaging that would increase the price, and you can buy sifter jars online for not very much.

I some people have mentioned the ingredients on here, saying that it's like putting deodorant on your face, which I guess it is. What I don't get is why this is such a big deal? You put deodorant on you underarms, and the skin there is much more sensitive and thin than the skin on your face. As long as it's not irritating your skin I think the ingredients in this are fine.

As a theatre kid, I swear by Ben Nye. I even use it as my everyday makeup, instead of just for when I'm on stage. That being said, this powder is a gift from The Lord himself, it's not to heavy, it mattes me out like nobodies business, and it pales down my foundation juuuuust the right amount so that it blends into my albino white girl skin. The packaging could use a bit of work, but all in all it's a staple in my kit at all times.

This is my favorite setting powder by far. I have been dancing for nearly twenty years, and was introduced to this during prep for a performance. Not only did it keep my face shine (and sweat) free, but it also prevented my foundation from melting off under the stage lights. When I found out how cheap it is, it became a major part of my makeup collection. I've tried several other colorless setting powders since then, but nothing comes close to this. I just lightly dust it over my foundation (liquid, cream, even powders) and I'm good to go.

6/26/14 Edited to add: I recently pressed this into a powder compact, and that has made travel much easier. I was a bit worried that pressing this would alter the application or finish, but it still works just as well, and the compact makes it much easier to travel with.

on 4/1/2013 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used MAC Prep & Prime translucent powder for years and absolutely loved it, but it got to the stage where I was repurchasing it every other month and it had become quite an expensive habit, so I did some MUA research and thought I would give this a go. I was surprised when I received it in the post because the bottle contains 49g, which is six times the amount you get with MAC Prep & Prime, but the container itself is really small. It just shows how deceptive the packaging is with the MAC one.

I am not a fan of the bottle-style packaging because I like to dispense loose powder into the lid of the pot and dip my brush into that, which isn't really possible because the lid is so small. I have been transferring this into an old Prep & Prime container to get around that (any loose powder container with a sifter would do). I have already filled the MAC container twice but it has hardly made a dent in the Ben Nye bottle, so you do get an awful lot of product for the money (this cost 5.50 plus postage, which came to about 8 in total. The MAC powder is 18.50 for less than a sixth of the amount!).

In terms of the product itself, the finish it gives is lovely and there is no white cast on my skin, even when I am wearing false tan (which takes me up to about an NC20-25). It does set make-up very nicely without making the skin look overly powdery, and it hasn't broken me out at all. I think the main difference between this and the MAC P&P is that the MAC one is slightly more finely milled and does control my oil for slightly longer. With the Ben Nye I have to touch up after about four hours, so it is still good but not quite as good. I also can't use this under my eyes, but I do have very sensitive eyes and I prefer to use other powders for that anyway. I would be more than willing to repurchase given the massive difference in cost. It is far better than most powders I have tried.

on 3/9/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great price, nice for my fair skin (banana might be better for darker, warmer skin tones).
Does contain talc.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite setting powder! I use this in my kit as well as for myself. I wouldn't use this on all skin tones, even though it claims to be ok. Instead I would use the banana powder for tan/dark skin. Excellent price tag for how much you get.

on 6/6/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this based on the great reviews after I seen pretty cheap on a website. I tried it on half my face...my sampled side had an instant airbrush like quality but still looked natural. There was no trace of white and didn't affect the color my other makeup at all. For those claiming it does they must be heavy handed? I worked out pretty intense at home for half hour and ran to the mirror and reviewers were right, this STUFF IS INCREDIBLE. My makeup was still on and while I was pretty red, my makeup looked ten times better than the other half of my face without the setting powder. I'm pretty excited to own this product:)