Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 7/9/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this powder for oil control. It is no better or worse than any powder I have tried. I will continue to look for my HG powder for my oily T-zone. Mac blot powder is nice for a touch up powder, but not for a setting powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was far too white looking for me, even as a NC20 fair-medium. It is multi-purpose though so I suppose it could be used for other things. I am very particular with color matching on my face and I don't like the white ghost look. Even too white to set my eye concealer. Only recommend for very fair complexion. A shame because the texture and finish are very nice.

on 4/21/2013 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Considering that I got this product with my school kit, I probably will buy it for the sake of clients but when it come to using this on my own face, I find it irritating.

I ended up switching over to 'Estee Lauder' - Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder because it's the only product that I haven't reacted to yet despite the price.

The packaging is good, just be cautious not to spill out too much and always brush your face with a large clean brush to get rid of excess powder.

on 4/2/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can honestly say that this is not a miracle product, I had to reapply this after a couple of hours . I have combination skin, my skin is not very oily. I bought it, used a couple of times and stopped using it after reading that it has parabens. I will not re-buy or use this powder. Parabens are not good for our health..

on 8/4/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love it. Can't live without it. Mattifying, non-cakey, blocks sweat, sets concealer, feels soothing and cool on the skin, ... contains aluminium (inhaling aluminium and/or getting it in your eyes, absorbing it through pores is extremely bad for health). :'( Neutral Set seriously impressed me with its wear, ease of use, no nonsense packaging, and beautiful finish. I went back to high end cosmetics in search of something that would work without the antiperspirant and haven't found anything that comes close to this simple powder. Back to the theatrical supply shop for me. Next up is Ben Nye's Cameo visage poudre, hopefully it works just as well in the summer months.

Edit: I found something better! Tarte's poreless powder, it lasts longer and mattifies better. Only downside so far is that it's made in China and CRAZY expensive for powder.

on 7/28/2011 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

While this is a neutral setting powder it did very slightly change the color of my creme foundation. It is a nice powder, but it made me look a little powdery. It did do a great job of setting my makeup and keeping it shine free and didn't dry out my skin.Was a lot better then the Translucent Fair powder though. The Visage Poudre is better. Ben Nye powder's are the only ones that never feel dry or heavy under my eyes. Amazing.

on 2/16/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A friend who is a makeup artist told me to use this, and said it was wonderful. She was right! I bought this at a costume supply store for super cheap. I, myself, didn't like the packaging too much so I used someone else's idea and bought some cheap-o powder, dumped it out, washed out the tub and filled it with this powder. Talk about perfect! The powder is so smooth and silky and goes on great. It is many hours before my skin starts to get shiny (which is a miracle since my face is a greasy mess) and when it does, I just fluff on a little bit of this and no more oil. Luckily this didn't break me out as well, considering I have uber-sensitive skin. Bottom line: perfect for any budget and virtually any skin type :)

**Update**
I ran out of my dry shampoo and my hair was looking pretty bad, I put this on my roots....and no more oil, I use it as my dry shampoo now. LOL, love love love this stuff!

on 12/3/2010 11:13:00 AM

Great product! :D
Now I don't know what to do with all of my old expensive powders :( Since I bought this on ebay (from funhousetheathrical), I don't need any other powder!

PROS:
* cheap cheap cheap!!! You get a lot of product for 6-9 $
* translucent - has no colour, doesn't change colour of your foundation (good if you have just the right foundation colour and don't want to ruin it with some extra colour)
* the most finely milled powder I've ever had (and I've had many!) - very natural result :D
* didn't break me out (my skin likes to react to anything)
* keeps skin matte

CONS:
* the jar it comes in looks kinda cheap-looking and you have to use a paper (that's actually something the MAC lady told me,so I guessed this isn't "the only jar with problems") or it's tiny lid. You could also use some other old powder-case you have

This works great over liquid foundation, but I wouldn't like to wear it on bare skin though,because it doesn't really set that way. It doesn't have amazing staying power, but I would say that it helps my oil better than anything I've ever tried :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is AM-AZ-ING! I have had problems controlling my everyday oiliness, which has really been a pain, as foundation only lasted about 4/5 hrs before creasing etc.
This powder keeps my skin matte for at least 8 hrs+, which is a small miracle for my skin. Packaging isn't pretty, but I just pour some into an old lid and then use my brush/velour puff to apply. Doesn't dry my skin out and never effects the color of my other make-up, goes on transparent. It is totally water resistant, sweat and tear proof!
I paid 9 inc. P&P which for the amount and quality is very good, overall I would highly recommend this, def. HG powder!
UPDATE: I just have to say how much I am loving this powder, even on bad skin days, after applying this my face looks so much better. Really refined and smooth. Great stuff!

on 12/16/2008 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It always astounds me when I find products like this that 1) seriously work and 2) are mind bogglingly cheap. Just how much to we pay for the fancy packaging & advertising? If you can find Ben Nye products (PM if anyone needs sources in Chicago, including a supplier that ships anywhere in the US) the loose powders are definitely worth trying. This is a great basic translucent setting powder that works, is dirt cheap, has never broken me out & the smallest bottle available lasts forever.

My skin tone varies a lot in the summer vs winter (I don't really ever tan, I get sort of light gold, but I get very pale in the winter) & I got tired of dealing with multiple pots of powder that might or might not work with my different foundations. This translucent, basically colorless powder works all the time with everything. I've even used it to "lighten" other colored powders that were sort of but not quite right until I used them up.

If you buy this, be warned - it comes in an awkward-looking squat shaker bottle. You can shake the powder onto a puff, but I found that messy. I invested in a couple of MAC 1 oz sifters jars & just pour a little of my Ben Nye powder into one of these as needed & it makes for easy traveling too.

List price of this is $5 for 49 g (nearly two ounces) of product - in comparison you'll pay about $35 for one ounce (half the amount) from a line like Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier. Yes, the pretty pot is nice, but I find the price differences completely insane particularly when I can buy a pretty sifter jar from MAC for a couple of bucks.