Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 12/12/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Most mattifying powder for my oily skin (the RCMA No Color did nothing for me), doesn't oxidise on my face by the end of the day. Amazing price, don't care that it contains parabens, I will keep repurchasing for as long as I live.

on 3/25/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. Very affordable and it works so well with any foundation. It makes my foundation stay on all day. However the packaging, ugh. the cap is useless. You'd have to take something else to put your powder into.

on 6/9/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Although I HATE the banana powder, I really like this neutral set to set my concealer. It does not leave me drying or patchy. & specially it does not leave a white cast under my eye. Great product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this product for setting foundation for a long period of time. It can be used for any skin tone and is one of the cheaper Ben bye powders at £10.50 for 3oz! I just wished the would change the packaging so you don't have to pour some out. The same goes for all Ben bye powders, unless I'm missing something but shouldn't they Be in a large shifter pot style packaging .......

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Best setting powder ever. I used NYX and ELF setting powders prior to this-the main ingredient in those is silica which works well. The first ingredient in neutral set is talc so I wasn't sure how this would compare but It actually wears better because it stops my face from sweating/getting too oily and breaking down the makeup. I don't get cracks or fine lines at the end of the day and my makeup looks better for longer.

Bought a big jar of this off amazon for a good price. It doesn't take much-just a light dust over the face, I focus more on the T-zone and places I get oily, then I follow up with setting spray. I would wait and apply your mascara AFTER you put this powder on-otherwise I had issues with it getting in my mascara before it completely dried it making it looking powdery.

on 2/28/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Amazing amazing! This powder is life changing for me because I've never used a setting powder/translucent because they usually clog on me + cause breakouts, but this stuff just sets all my makeup and makes it stays the whole day. I never thought my oily skin will ever ever experience a non greasy day but with this!!!

on 7/4/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had very high hopes for this powder, since it is made for theater and contains an anti-presperant! As gross as it sounds, I get sweaty very fast in warm weather, so makeup that just controls oil was never enough for me.

As a powder, the Neutral Set works like any other loose powder. It does get messy, and because the big 8 ounce jar doesn't have a shaker or some form of packaging to control the product being dispensed, it gets messy. However, it blends well into my skin and doesn't show up as white or cakey. Sadly, I don't think it actually controls sweat as it claims to. As I always say, maybe I'm just overly oily and sweaty, but overall, I was disappointed by the product. It still works nicely as a translucent powder when I want a light finish that doesn't look cakey, but the fact that I still get oily and sweaty was just a bummer.

on 3/19/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite powder, lasts ages, sets every foundation I've tried and lasts all day. only downside is the bottle. I paid about 8 pound for it online for it in the UK and compared it to my usual powder which I pay more than double that price for for 0.75 oz and this is a 3oz. Best value powder out there with amazing results.

on 3/5/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is serious stuff and when it works, my face stays matte all day. That being said, I've had it look fantastic and I've had it cake up. I've had it look flawless and natural, and I've also managed to look like my face was made of powder particles. It's been rather hit or miss and I suspect it has a lot to do with product interaction, how much is applied, and how long I've waited for my foundation to really dry down before applying. Although it might sound strange, I've found that properly moisturizing my face prior to application helped a lot. When it works, it really works, but it's been such a struggle to get it to work that I usually opt for my more reliable option, the Catrice Prime and Fine mattifying loose powder. I also found this to be more successful for me in the summer than in the winter, because you know, this powder comes in a massive bottle, so I've tried it in all seasons, and I'll probably have enough to last me the rest of my life.

Despite sounding on the fence about it, if you really struggle with oil control, this is worth trying. It's not going to break the bank, and as us oily gals know, we'll try anything to tame our faces. It can work. It does work. It just takes some experimentation to get there.

on 1/29/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Uugh. I'm sorry, maybe I am just too spoiled after using Mac blot.. but this does not compare.

Talc is the main ingredient here, and kaolin is the main one in Mac blot. They're uncomparable, sorry.

This makes my foundation look awful (Colorstay) and I'm oily in two or three hours. D:
Very disappointed. Back to the expensive Mac! haha. Maybeline dream matte mousse is pretty good too.

EDIT: While this is cakey over foundation, this week I've been trying it alone over my moisturizer. It seems to work better this way, so it probably depends on which foundation you're using. HOWEVER...it cakes under my eyes still, so it's not that impressive.