Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.7

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 4/8/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. Supposedly it controls oil and prevents makeup from breaking down in heat and humidity. I live in Florida and can vouch for these benefits. I mix this powder with the UD Naked loose powder, which is tinted, just so I don't get an overly chalky effect from using Ben Nye alone. The added tint is just perfect for a flawless finish. I use just a little tinted powder and a considerable amount of Neutral Set and my makeup stays fresh for hours. This powder does contain talc, which I'm normally sensitive to. However, I have no reaction to this powder whatsoever and it doesn't sting my face like other talc based products. So frankly I don't think it has a lot of talc in it. I order it from Amazon but it didn't come with an ingredient list so I don't know for sure how much talc is in it or if it has any at all. I discovered this product through a Pinterest post that claimed it contains talc but I've been unable to verify this. Judging from the fact that I've had no reaction to it at all, I would say that it contains very little if any. It gives my face a nice finish without leaving it looking too matte and flat. It doesn't change the color of my foundation because it has no color to it at all. It's a white powder similar in consistency to MUFE HD powder or ELF HD powder, both of which I've used in the past and liked, but not as much as I like Ben Nye. Apparently Neutral Set is what actors and models are wearing when they're under stage lights and tv cameras and it's supposed to keep makeup from melting under these harsh conditions. As far as harsh conditions go, the relentless Florida sun and climbing humidity are enough of a test for any makeup product, especially a powder. Neutral Set has held up great for me and it keeps my makeup as fresh as possible. I do use either UD All Nighter setting spray or Supergoop SPF 50 setting spray so that may have something to do with the longevity I've experienced. However, using Neutral Set has made a difference because I've found that my makeup stays fresher when I use it compared to using the UD powder or one of the others I mentioned by themselves. Adding Neutral Set to a tinted soft focus powder just ensures the finish isn't chalky. However, when I use a setting spray, this prevents the finish from looking too powdery and it melds everything together nicely. In sum, I really like Neutral Set and find it far superior to either MUFE or ELF and better than using UD powder alone. Whatever the magical ingredients are, they definitely help my makeup stay fresh longer while controlling oil breakthrough at the same time. I recommend this powder for all skin types but especially for oily or combination skin. If it keeps my makeup fresh in Florida, it will surely work anywhere.

I got a small tube of this product to set my makeup on a daily bases.

I used it back when Ben Nye was a hyped brand among youtubers. The quality is pretty good considering the price but I gave up on Ben Nye after I realized the it clogs my pores and causes me to break out...no surprise there given how cheap the product actually is.

This past Halloween I pulled the powder out in order to set a full "day of the dead" face makeup..... It didn't work. The makeup smudged and it also the "translucent" powder lighted the black parts of the makeup. I did layer a good amount of powder since I was going to spend the night wearing it... but after only a few hours it failed to hold up.

Disappointed in the results when used as its actually meant to be used...for heavy cosmetics.

on 1/14/2014 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Perfect. This powder doesn't cake, doesn't alter tone, and sets your makeup all day. Plus its dirt cheap! The container isn't awesome but I just tap some out into an old powder cap and I'm good to go. Plus it lasts forever.

on 3/11/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

If you have oily skin or you find that you're skin gets oily around midday, this is definitely the answer. I use it to set my foundation and I find that it stays all day and I don't even have to carry any powders around.

on 7/8/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great product!!! This powder is very fine and blends into your skin very easily. I use a powder brush to press this powder onto my eyes and cheeks after I apply eyeshadows and blush. Then I brush off the excess lightly all over my face. It helps me set my make up and keep oil off my face. I love it!!!

on 5/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I was a make up artist at Walt Disney Entertainment stocked this powder in every color/shage that we could get. So this product is old school to me. Males, females, stage, film, society ....it works for every application. It layers beautifully as well. Always a staple in my kit.
Love love love, did I say love it.

I love this product! It's definitely a HG for me! I love to use this to set my undereye concealer. Since the powder does whiten the skin a bit, it makes my undereye area look a bit brighter. it never cakes or settles into lines, it's perfect! I don't use it to set my foundation, but I think I will start using it for that as well. I wish they had a different packaging for this, but I can live with it!

on 11/13/2010 3:25:00 AM

This is a wonderful powder. It really does what everyone says. It takes away shine without altering makeup color, and really just helps my skin look natural and nice. The packaging is okay-- you can shake it into the lid and that helps. I don't think this has the best staying power there is, but it's not bad either! Ben Nye doesn't test on animals which is a huge bonus. I would recommend this product to anyone, but especially if you have a hard time find a "light" or "translucent" color powder light enough for your skin!

on 11/2/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I find that this works best over a foundation. Alone, it's kind of average, absorbing about 80-90% of oil and leaving the skin kind of lifeless. Atop a foundation, that figures rises to about 100% and your face is left flawless all day. Go figure.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My HG loose setting powder!!!
It may not be as fancy or famous as others but I think this stuff is amazing!!!It's very light and soft,it doesn't leave a chalky finish and it's extremely long wearing.
I use this every day with a puff/brush to set my concealer (brilliant for that) and to cut the shine left by my moisturizer.
You only need a very small amount every time, so this will last and last!
If you have particulary oily skin or you live in very hot/humid places and sweat is always a challenge this powder is great for this too!
Don't be fool by its color, it won't leave a white cast on your face and it will not alter the color of your foundation either.Plus...it's super cheap!