Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 7/27/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is a MUST if you live in a hot climate. I live in north Texas where summers are very hot & humid. I have tried tons of powders, including Rimmel Stay Matte and most HD silica powders, and this is the *only* one that truly sets your makeup with a matte natural finish and really lasts. It does contain aluminum as an anti-perspirant, but I have not had any issues with that so far, no breakouts or irritation, and I use this powder at least 5 days per week. It doesn't completely stop sweating, but it does definitely minimize it (I tend to get sweaty around my hairline first). I do have to touch up a few times during the day, but overall I am very pleased with how well this wears. It's a stark white powder, but it blends in easily and doesn't cake up, even if you use quite a bit. Honestly though, a thin well-blended layer is probably all you will need. The finish is matte, but not heavy "dollface" matte. It's very natural & sheer, particularly if you blend well. I am pretty fair-skinned (NW15), so you may need to blend more extensively if you have a deeper skin tone. The packaging is boring, unattractive & not easy to work with, but I just decanted the entire bottle of powder into an empty powder jar I had at home and problem solved. Overall I highly recommend this, especially if you live in a hot climate.

This is good stuff and if you have not you need to try it. It's well worth a try. I have a lot of high end powders that cost a lot and I do believe that this is really good. I got mine off eBay from in* pink in 20 gram sifter jars and they are really nice and labeled beautifully. I got 5 or 6 sample jars for less than $19 and free shipping, that's a lot of powders and realize that's bigger than most high end ones like nars and MUFE. I got a bunch of ben nye powders and I liked all of them I tried.

on 5/12/2012 12:53:00 PM

Love it!!

I was after a setting powder for my foundation (Revlon colorstay) and bought this because of the good reviews on here. And I was definitely not dissapointed. I actually didn't realise how highly I rated it until I ran out and had to use another powder for a few days!

It sets my foundation beautifully, and although my nose becomes shiny after a while (I generally have rather dry skin, apart from an oily nose) I just dab some more powder over it and it's perfect again. It doesn't look cakey or dry... it can look a bit white-ish if you put too much on, but I find that can be easily removed with a powder puff (I've gone off brushes). Also works perfect for setting foundation/concealer under my eyes.

Not the most perfect packaging, but I just use an old powder jar I kept (having bought the biggest jar of Ben Nye I could get hold off).

So all in all I would say this is my HG powder and I'll be definitely sticking with it!

on 11/11/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the little .9 ounce "salt shaker" canister of this powder to try out. So far, so good. I have only used it for a few days as a foundation setting light dusting of powder after my make up application is finished. It does what it is supposed to do and it does it very very well. The powder is white but goes on with no visible color or color change to my foundation/blush. I have somewhat dry skin and it is mature skin too and I do not have any settling into fine lines or caking. I use very little on my big brush and just fluff it on. I use a little soft eyeshadow brush to pat a bit of the product onto my undereye concealer. Works well there too. There is no luminosity or glow or sparkle here, just a good job at setting and keeping set my foundation for hours. It is very finely milled. I have long been a fan of the T.Leclerc powders and this one is just as nice in my opinion. Of course, it is talc instead of rice powder. Dirt cheap too. The little canister is not sexy looking or especially easy to use. I, so far, have just been shaking a bit in my palm and dipping my brush in and then taping the brush a time or two to distribute the powder into the brush. If I ever use up .9 ounces, I will certainly buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the shaker fair powder, it works well for putting all over your face when you are done w/ your makeup. It keeps your makeup in place all day. Great light powder.