Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.4

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

I love this product, just as I love all Ben Bye powders! Please keep in mind this product is intended to set cream makeup. Not BB/cc cream/etc. These products contain a lot more skin care ingredients than what a traditional foundation contains, so you can't expect it to preform the same. It is a pro brand and used appropriately it works fantastic. Another consideration is application technique. If you struggle with the packaging, put it into an old loose powder container that you like. Always tap your brush/puff off, and your brush(s) needs to be super clean every time you use it. It is made to absorb oil, so you will get cake otherwise. The value of this powder is amazing.

on 1/23/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Magnificent face powder. I suffer from very oily skin around the T-Zone and this is the only powder I've found to keep it at bay all day long. I love the fact it's both theatrical grade (the special formula controls perspiration making it perfect for high energy performers such as clowns and dancers) and completely colourless. Works far better than MAC 'Studio Fix' Powder ever did and is a good 10 cheaper too! I have the 2oz (49gm) bottle and after 2 months of everyday usage I estimate that I have 98% of powder left, so it's superb value for money. It NEVER cakes on my skin either, I apply it with a damp beauty blender and really buff it into my skin. I imagine it would be perfect for hot, tropical holidays to combat scorching heat and humidity.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder. As with all Ben Nye products, they are formulated for performers - people whose makeup is a professional tool, not a fashion accessory - so their products WORK and are very affordable. I bought the large tub of this for $9 at my local theatrical supply store and even though I use it regularly for myself (decanted into a smaller sifter jar) and have powdered head-to-toe countless models, I think I'll be dead long before I use it all!

The powder is completely translucent, controls oil reasonably well, and contains an antiperspirant to minimize sweating (from all those hot stage lights!) I use this for stage performance and I can attest to it's sweat minimizing ability. I find this powder so dependable, I used it on my wedding day.

on 10/7/2008 6:59:00 AM

Ok well after reading the reviews here, I went in search of this powder. My T-zone shines like crazy in the summer, and so every year I start to hunt for my HG face powder. I'm a Euro MUA'er, mostly UK based. I found this online and it cost me around 9 ($18US), so it's not quite bargain basement, but it's cheaper than LM. It will also last a long time. It's a nice powder, finely milled and the scary white colour does look fine on my face. But it did zero for my oilies, unfortunately. I'd say it performed no better than Laura Mercier or La Mer or any of my minerals. As I bought it to help control the shine, I was disappointed, and would take the advice of the reviewer below - to try the Kryolan next summer instead. So for this reason, I wouldn't purchase this again, but for the price it's a great general purpose powder.
The search continues!

on 7/8/2007 12:46:00 AM

I got this thru the generosity of a friend who lived in the states. Have been lusting over ben nye for so long but since its's unavilable here in the Philippines, i have to plead thru my friends overseas. The packaging is alright - comes in a plastic shaker bottle. Just be very careful when you try to get some product out. I dont really mind the packaging, that just means im paying for the product not the pacakging. I used it on clients and so far i am impressed. There is a white cast at first - perhaps its because i use a puff instead of a brush. This does deliver. It provides a very matte finished polished look that will stay put:) I also used this to set concealer under the eys and a lil extra diffusses the dark under eye circles. The price is so affordable for a lot of product. Get a hold of it!

on 7/18/2005 8:27:00 PM

Holy moly! I'll never run out of this stuff. I've spent so much on other products to get that 'set' look. Those other projects would also cover over my blush, etc. This stuff gives me a nice matte look without drying my combination skin. Then, later on in the day, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or uncomfortable. It's so finely milled! I just shake some off into my palm and lightly dab my face brush into it. Then, I smoosh the powder around the brush, blow a little and apply. It's a simple, inexpensive and easy to use product! I found the whole Ben Nye line at a local costume shop just recently.

on 6/19/2003 10:41:00 PM

This powder is the bomb! It keeps your makeup in place, REALLY WELL. If you have problems with concealer creasing and sliding around, this powder is for you. Doesn't matter what concealer you use, pat some of this on immediately after you put your concealer on, blend it in lightly, and you are literally "set" for the day, maybe even 2 days! Also contains anti-perspirants, so it's a great summer powder.