Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.2

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I bought an 8 oz tub of this stuff off amazon for like $15 cause i had gift credit there. It's pretty cheap (i've read you can find it even cheaper in a store).

It gets 3 sticks from me because it provides a pretty good (and yes, surprisingly velvety) finish; it's mattifying without being drying and it doesn't look cakey or make my shallow acne scars stand out (some powders seem to). It makes my makeup last longer and less prone to being wiped off by my hair or clothes etc.

There can be a slight cast immediately after you apply, but it eventually turns slightly glowy on me. I actually liked it.

Unfortunately, this stuff clogs my pores and causes some itchiness every time i use it (maybe it's the talc?). Even so, I still would've given it 4 sticks (I figure i'm just sensitive) if not for the fact that the formula of this stuff seems pretty outdated. If you're one of those people who likes to avoid parabens, this powder isn't for you.

Oh also, a little goes a long way so you don't need a lot. Even if i ended up using it every day, buying an 8oz tub of it was MAJOR overkill on my part.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have the banna powder and it is great no complains at all i love it and the price isnt over the top like it can be with some other powders

I love this product, just as I love all Ben Bye powders! Please keep in mind this product is intended to set cream makeup. Not BB/cc cream/etc. These products contain a lot more skin care ingredients than what a traditional foundation contains, so you can't expect it to preform the same. It is a pro brand and used appropriately it works fantastic. Another consideration is application technique. If you struggle with the packaging, put it into an old loose powder container that you like. Always tap your brush/puff off, and your brush(s) needs to be super clean every time you use it. It is made to absorb oil, so you will get cake otherwise. The value of this powder is amazing.

on 10/7/2008 6:59:00 AM

Ok well after reading the reviews here, I went in search of this powder. My T-zone shines like crazy in the summer, and so every year I start to hunt for my HG face powder. I'm a Euro MUA'er, mostly UK based. I found this online and it cost me around 9 ($18US), so it's not quite bargain basement, but it's cheaper than LM. It will also last a long time. It's a nice powder, finely milled and the scary white colour does look fine on my face. But it did zero for my oilies, unfortunately. I'd say it performed no better than Laura Mercier or La Mer or any of my minerals. As I bought it to help control the shine, I was disappointed, and would take the advice of the reviewer below - to try the Kryolan next summer instead. So for this reason, I wouldn't purchase this again, but for the price it's a great general purpose powder.
The search continues!

on 2/1/2004 12:36:00 AM

fabulous! it sets your foundation without adding any color. i dab my face with it using a big phat (lol...) powder puff. i love it! it sets oh so well. the package is gonna last forever...