Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.5

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 12/12/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Most mattifying powder for my oily skin (the RCMA No Color did nothing for me), doesn't oxidise on my face by the end of the day. Amazing price, don't care that it contains parabens, I will keep repurchasing for as long as I live.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A great product in a very practical shaker container. It's cheap, lasts well, and looks good. And it is cruelty free!!

on 4/8/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. Supposedly it controls oil and prevents makeup from breaking down in heat and humidity. I live in Florida and can vouch for these benefits. I mix this powder with the UD Naked loose powder, which is tinted, just so I don't get an overly chalky effect from using Ben Nye alone. The added tint is just perfect for a flawless finish. I use just a little tinted powder and a considerable amount of Neutral Set and my makeup stays fresh for hours. This powder does contain talc, which I'm normally sensitive to. However, I have no reaction to this powder whatsoever and it doesn't sting my face like other talc based products. So frankly I don't think it has a lot of talc in it. I order it from Amazon but it didn't come with an ingredient list so I don't know for sure how much talc is in it or if it has any at all. I discovered this product through a Pinterest post that claimed it contains talc but I've been unable to verify this. Judging from the fact that I've had no reaction to it at all, I would say that it contains very little if any. It gives my face a nice finish without leaving it looking too matte and flat. It doesn't change the color of my foundation because it has no color to it at all. It's a white powder similar in consistency to MUFE HD powder or ELF HD powder, both of which I've used in the past and liked, but not as much as I like Ben Nye. Apparently Neutral Set is what actors and models are wearing when they're under stage lights and tv cameras and it's supposed to keep makeup from melting under these harsh conditions. As far as harsh conditions go, the relentless Florida sun and climbing humidity are enough of a test for any makeup product, especially a powder. Neutral Set has held up great for me and it keeps my makeup as fresh as possible. I do use either UD All Nighter setting spray or Supergoop SPF 50 setting spray so that may have something to do with the longevity I've experienced. However, using Neutral Set has made a difference because I've found that my makeup stays fresher when I use it compared to using the UD powder or one of the others I mentioned by themselves. Adding Neutral Set to a tinted soft focus powder just ensures the finish isn't chalky. However, when I use a setting spray, this prevents the finish from looking too powdery and it melds everything together nicely. In sum, I really like Neutral Set and find it far superior to either MUFE or ELF and better than using UD powder alone. Whatever the magical ingredients are, they definitely help my makeup stay fresh longer while controlling oil breakthrough at the same time. I recommend this powder for all skin types but especially for oily or combination skin. If it keeps my makeup fresh in Florida, it will surely work anywhere.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- finely milled
- translucent
- looks natural
- does not alter color of foundation

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: Oil control is no better than most powders, but aside from that it's a great no-color powder to set your makeup. I bake with this and it doesn't settle into any fine lines. It works beautifully and does not alter the color of foundation. I transfer this into another container because the packaging sucks, but the product is great.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have the banna powder and it is great no complains at all i love it and the price isnt over the top like it can be with some other powders

on 7/27/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is a MUST if you live in a hot climate. I live in north Texas where summers are very hot & humid. I have tried tons of powders, including Rimmel Stay Matte and most HD silica powders, and this is the *only* one that truly sets your makeup with a matte natural finish and really lasts. It does contain aluminum as an anti-perspirant, but I have not had any issues with that so far, no breakouts or irritation, and I use this powder at least 5 days per week. It doesn't completely stop sweating, but it does definitely minimize it (I tend to get sweaty around my hairline first). I do have to touch up a few times during the day, but overall I am very pleased with how well this wears. It's a stark white powder, but it blends in easily and doesn't cake up, even if you use quite a bit. Honestly though, a thin well-blended layer is probably all you will need. The finish is matte, but not heavy "dollface" matte. It's very natural & sheer, particularly if you blend well. I am pretty fair-skinned (NW15), so you may need to blend more extensively if you have a deeper skin tone. The packaging is boring, unattractive & not easy to work with, but I just decanted the entire bottle of powder into an empty powder jar I had at home and problem solved. Overall I highly recommend this, especially if you live in a hot climate.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this product for setting foundation for a long period of time. It can be used for any skin tone and is one of the cheaper Ben bye powders at £10.50 for 3oz! I just wished the would change the packaging so you don't have to pour some out. The same goes for all Ben bye powders, unless I'm missing something but shouldn't they Be in a large shifter pot style packaging .......

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Best setting powder ever. I used NYX and ELF setting powders prior to this-the main ingredient in those is silica which works well. The first ingredient in neutral set is talc so I wasn't sure how this would compare but It actually wears better because it stops my face from sweating/getting too oily and breaking down the makeup. I don't get cracks or fine lines at the end of the day and my makeup looks better for longer.

Bought a big jar of this off amazon for a good price. It doesn't take much-just a light dust over the face, I focus more on the T-zone and places I get oily, then I follow up with setting spray. I would wait and apply your mascara AFTER you put this powder on-otherwise I had issues with it getting in my mascara before it completely dried it making it looking powdery.

on 2/28/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Amazing amazing! This powder is life changing for me because I've never used a setting powder/translucent because they usually clog on me + cause breakouts, but this stuff just sets all my makeup and makes it stays the whole day. I never thought my oily skin will ever ever experience a non greasy day but with this!!!

This is good stuff and if you have not you need to try it. It's well worth a try. I have a lot of high end powders that cost a lot and I do believe that this is really good. I got mine off eBay from in* pink in 20 gram sifter jars and they are really nice and labeled beautifully. I got 5 or 6 sample jars for less than $19 and free shipping, that's a lot of powders and realize that's bigger than most high end ones like nars and MUFE. I got a bunch of ben nye powders and I liked all of them I tried.