Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A great product in a very practical shaker container. It's cheap, lasts well, and looks good. And it is cruelty free!!

on 4/8/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. Supposedly it controls oil and prevents makeup from breaking down in heat and humidity. I live in Florida and can vouch for these benefits. I mix this powder with the UD Naked loose powder, which is tinted, just so I don't get an overly chalky effect from using Ben Nye alone. The added tint is just perfect for a flawless finish. I use just a little tinted powder and a considerable amount of Neutral Set and my makeup stays fresh for hours. This powder does contain talc, which I'm normally sensitive to. However, I have no reaction to this powder whatsoever and it doesn't sting my face like other talc based products. So frankly I don't think it has a lot of talc in it. I order it from Amazon but it didn't come with an ingredient list so I don't know for sure how much talc is in it or if it has any at all. I discovered this product through a Pinterest post that claimed it contains talc but I've been unable to verify this. Judging from the fact that I've had no reaction to it at all, I would say that it contains very little if any. It gives my face a nice finish without leaving it looking too matte and flat. It doesn't change the color of my foundation because it has no color to it at all. It's a white powder similar in consistency to MUFE HD powder or ELF HD powder, both of which I've used in the past and liked, but not as much as I like Ben Nye. Apparently Neutral Set is what actors and models are wearing when they're under stage lights and tv cameras and it's supposed to keep makeup from melting under these harsh conditions. As far as harsh conditions go, the relentless Florida sun and climbing humidity are enough of a test for any makeup product, especially a powder. Neutral Set has held up great for me and it keeps my makeup as fresh as possible. I do use either UD All Nighter setting spray or Supergoop SPF 50 setting spray so that may have something to do with the longevity I've experienced. However, using Neutral Set has made a difference because I've found that my makeup stays fresher when I use it compared to using the UD powder or one of the others I mentioned by themselves. Adding Neutral Set to a tinted soft focus powder just ensures the finish isn't chalky. However, when I use a setting spray, this prevents the finish from looking too powdery and it melds everything together nicely. In sum, I really like Neutral Set and find it far superior to either MUFE or ELF and better than using UD powder alone. Whatever the magical ingredients are, they definitely help my makeup stay fresh longer while controlling oil breakthrough at the same time. I recommend this powder for all skin types but especially for oily or combination skin. If it keeps my makeup fresh in Florida, it will surely work anywhere.

on 9/8/2013 6:59:00 AM

I absolutely love this setting powder. It sets your make-up lightly without getting cakey or heavy. I have tried them all; Nars, MUFE, Tarte, etc. and this is so much cheaper and does a better job.

I found that Tarte and MUFE gave me a white cast no matter how little I used, so I would always have to go back and touch up my blush and bronzer because I looked washed out. That doesn't happen with Neutral Set. It gives my complexion a flawless finish (and trust me, it isn't!), my pores disappear and my make-up stays put.

A huge bottle of this is only $14 and lasts forever so that is less than half of what any of the higher end setting powders run and you get more than twice the amount of product. It is available on-line through numerous retailers but I live in the Houston area and am fortunate to have two theatrical costumers in the area and they always have this on-hand.

on 8/8/2012 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wow, this powder is fantastic. I was loving a sample of Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator, but not the price. Did a little research here, and came up with this gem, and bought a bottle on eBay for $8 total. What a find!! It's finely milled, keeps my shiny t-zone at bay for hours, and has such a great finish. Love, love, love, love.

on 5/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I was a make up artist at Walt Disney Entertainment stocked this powder in every color/shage that we could get. So this product is old school to me. Males, females, stage, film, society ....it works for every application. It layers beautifully as well. Always a staple in my kit.
Love love love, did I say love it.